Home > Multiple sclerosis > Diarrhea > Multiple sclerosis and Diarrhea
Would you have Diarrhea when you have Multiple sclerosis?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people with Multiple sclerosis, especially people who are female, 40-49 old, also have Depression, and take medication Tysabri.
We study 3,223 people who have Diarrhea and Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Diarrhea >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 223,215 patients) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 137,983 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 3,223 people who have multiple sclerosis and Diarrhea are studied.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Diarrhea * :
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Diarrhea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (82 people, 2.54%)
- Pain (68 people, 2.11%)
- Hypertension (49 people, 1.52%)
- Muscle spasms (40 people, 1.24%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (31 people, 0.96%)
- Osteoporosis (31 people, 0.96%)
- Menopause (30 people, 0.93%)
- Multiple allergies (26 people, 0.81%)
- Secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (24 people, 0.74%)
- Anxiety (23 people, 0.71%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tysabri (1,526 people, 47.35%)
- Avonex (1,426 people, 44.24%)
- Rebif (383 people, 11.88%)
- Gilenya (267 people, 8.28%)
- Baclofen (174 people, 5.40%)
- Betaseron (144 people, 4.47%)
- Neurontin (133 people, 4.13%)
- Copaxone (101 people, 3.13%)
- Vitamin d (88 people, 2.73%)
- Gabapentin (65 people, 2.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Diarrhea?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Diarrhea and Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can my sister take phentermine with multiple sclerosis to lose weight
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
I worry she is taking a pill that will affect the nervous system and may not be good for her body.
- Can i take marijuana while taking gilenya
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has MS, and takes Gilenya)
Hello i would like to know if is safe to have marijuane with gilenya and methotraxate
- Is it safe for me to take ginkgo biloba with gabapentin (neurontin)?
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
i also take Neurontin (Naprosyn) 500 mg 2 times a day and the gabapentin (Neurontin) usually 3 times a day.
- Does morphine time released pills cause sudden baldness on scalp??
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Herniated Lumbar Disk, MS, and takes Morphine Sulfate, Baclofen, Meloxicam)
I recently started taking meds for a herniated disc in my lower back. These include morphine, OxyContin and oxycodone. I now have a bald spot on the top of my scalp. I noticed this within 2-3 weeks after taking the meds. The morphine is time released as well as the OxyContin. Could these meds be ca ...
- Is taking imodium a few days after taking aloe vera gel safe?
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Diarrhea, and takes Aloe Vera Gel)
I have diarrhea from taking aloe Vera gel and I really need to get rid of it, I bought the aloe Vera gel on about Monday of this week. I have been having diarrhea from this aloe Vera gel since a day after I took it. I was wondering if it was safe to take Imodium for my diarrhea four days after i dra ...
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has MS, and takes Copaxone)
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has MS, and takes Prozac)
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Fatigue, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Nausea, Impaired Healing, Liver Pain, Diarrhea, Hair Thinning, Liver Pain, Skin Atrophy, and takes Isoniazid)
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Neck Pain, Headache (pain in head), Diarrhea, Pain - Abdomen, Inflammatory Pain
Comments: There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- A study of side effects of Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Have taken Synthroid for over 25 years, but my current medical insurance will only approve the generic, and I can no longer afford to pay for Synthroid, so I decided to try the generic Levothyroxine. Since I have been using it, I have severe diarrhea.
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Prozac, Nexium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hiatal Hernia, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Stomach Discomfort, Fatigue, Fever, Diarrhea
Comments: Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Sleep Apnea (a type of sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing), Cerebral Palsy, Feeling Sick Immediately After Eating Anything, Unstable Foetal Lie (changes its position during the prenatal period), Frequent Bowel Movements, Constipation, Dry Throat, Excessive Saliva (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth), Motion Sickness (travel sickness), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Lump In The Groin (an area of swelling or growth in groin), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Comments: I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
More related studies for: Multiple sclerosis, Diarrhea
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.