Home > Multiple sclerosis > Diarrhea > Multiple sclerosis and Diarrhea
Review: could Multiple sclerosis cause Diarrhea?
We study 203,354 people who have Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,260 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Diarrhea >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 279,998 patients) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,102,104 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 203,350 people who have multiple sclerosis are studied. Among them, 3,223 (1.58%) have Diarrhea.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Diarrhea * :
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Diarrhea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (82 people, 2.54%)
- Pain (68 people, 2.11%)
- Hypertension (49 people, 1.52%)
- Muscle spasms (40 people, 1.24%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (31 people, 0.96%)
- Osteoporosis (31 people, 0.96%)
- Menopause (30 people, 0.93%)
- Multiple allergies (26 people, 0.81%)
- Secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (24 people, 0.74%)
- Anxiety (23 people, 0.71%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tysabri (1,526 people, 47.35%)
- Avonex (1,426 people, 44.24%)
- Rebif (383 people, 11.88%)
- Gilenya (267 people, 8.28%)
- Baclofen (174 people, 5.40%)
- Betaseron (144 people, 4.47%)
- Neurontin (133 people, 4.13%)
- Copaxone (101 people, 3.13%)
- Vitamin d (88 people, 2.73%)
- Gabapentin (65 people, 2.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Diarrhea?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Diarrhea and Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
Should I have a break from Tysabri
From this study (12 months ago):
Chronic diarrhea and now gallstones with pancreatitis, high blood pressure, svt
From this study (12 months ago):
Chronic diarrhea and now gallstones with pancreatitis
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Diarrhea
Common treatments for Multiple Sclerosis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Multiple sclerosis symptoms:
- Fatigue in Multiple sclerosis (18,941 reports)
- Multiple Sclerosis Relapse in Multiple sclerosis (18,620 reports)
- Asthenia in Multiple sclerosis (14,531 reports)
- Fall in Multiple sclerosis (14,113 reports)
- Pain - Head in Multiple sclerosis (11,324 reports)
- Ms in Multiple sclerosis (11,317 reports)
- Cystitis in Multiple sclerosis (10,053 reports)
- Gait Disturbance in Multiple sclerosis (9,515 reports)
- Influenza Like Illness in Multiple sclerosis (8,694 reports)
- Acupuncture And Pain in Multiple sclerosis (7,894 reports)
Diarrhea related symptom studies:
- Diarrhea in Blood pressure (7,465 reports)
- Diarrhea in Blood triglycerides increased (3,938 reports)
- Diarrhea in Breast cancer (3,289 reports)
- Diarrhea in Depression (4,501 reports)
- Diarrhea in Hbp (7,889 reports)
- Diarrhea in Inflammatory bowel disease - crohn's disease (3,665 reports)
- Diarrhea in Osteoporosis (4,399 reports)
- Diarrhea in Pain (4,529 reports)
- Diarrhea in Rheumatoid arthritis (4,443 reports)
- Diarrhea in Type 2 diabetes (4,230 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (9 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (4 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (51 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (2 hours ago)
- Italian Fitch
- Transplant Liver
- Pancreas Infection
- Pregnancy With Advanced Maternal Age