Home > Multiple sclerosis > Dry eyes > Multiple sclerosis and Dry eyes
Review: could Multiple sclerosis cause Dry eyes?
We study 203,352 people who have Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Among them, 160 have Dry eyes. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Dry eyes >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 278,484 patients) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron.
Dry eyes (lack of adequate tears) (latest reports from 57,890 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, depression.
On Sep, 21, 2014: 203,340 people who have multiple sclerosis are studied. Among them, 160 (0.08%) have Dry Eyes.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Dry eyes * :
|Dry eyes||84.57%||15.43% |
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Dry eyes * :
|Dry eyes||0.00%||0.00%||3.61%||8.43%||18.67%||18.07%||37.35%||14.46% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry eyes||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (12 people, 7.50%)
- Depression (10 people, 6.25%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (9 people, 5.62%)
- Gait disturbance (9 people, 5.62%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (8 people, 5.00%)
- Bladder disorder (7 people, 4.38%)
- Malaise (6 people, 3.75%)
- Rhinitis (6 people, 3.75%)
- Insomnia (6 people, 3.75%)
- Gastritis (6 people, 3.75%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tysabri (76 people, 47.50%)
- Avonex (57 people, 35.62%)
- Gilenya (32 people, 20.00%)
- Baclofen (20 people, 12.50%)
- Rebif (18 people, 11.25%)
- Neurontin (11 people, 6.88%)
- Zoloft (10 people, 6.25%)
- Nexium (9 people, 5.62%)
- Klonopin (8 people, 5.00%)
- Vitamin d (7 people, 4.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Dry Eyes?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Dry Eyes and Multiple sclerosis
- group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- group for people who have Dry Eyes
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
Concerned about interactions with these two drugs.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Dry eyes
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Dry eyes
Common treatments for Multiple Sclerosis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Multiple sclerosis symptoms:
- Fatigue in Multiple sclerosis (18,937 reports)
- Multiple Sclerosis Relapse in Multiple sclerosis (18,620 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in Multiple sclerosis (14,531 reports)
- Fall in Multiple sclerosis (14,113 reports)
- Headaches in Multiple sclerosis (11,323 reports)
- Ms in Multiple sclerosis (11,317 reports)
- Cystitis in Multiple sclerosis (10,053 reports)
- Gait Disturbance in Multiple sclerosis (9,515 reports)
- Influenza Like Illness in Multiple sclerosis (8,694 reports)
- Pain Relief in Multiple sclerosis (7,894 reports)
Dry Eyes related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.