Home > Multiple sclerosis > Dry eyes > Multiple sclerosis and Dry eyes
Would you have Dry eyes when you have Multiple sclerosis?
Summary: Dry eyes is found among people with Multiple sclerosis, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Tysabri.
We study 159 people who have Dry eyes and Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Dry eyes >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 223,215 patients) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron.
Dry eyes (lack of adequate tears) (latest reports from 10,597 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, depression.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 203,354 people who have multiple sclerosis are studied. Among them, 160 (0.08%) have Dry Eyes.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Dry eyes * :
|Dry eyes||84.57%||15.43% |
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Dry eyes * :
|Dry eyes||0.00%||0.00%||3.61%||8.43%||18.67%||18.07%||37.35%||14.46% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry eyes||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (12 people, 7.50%)
- Depression (10 people, 6.25%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (9 people, 5.62%)
- Gait disturbance (9 people, 5.62%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (8 people, 5.00%)
- Bladder disorder (7 people, 4.38%)
- Malaise (6 people, 3.75%)
- Rhinitis (6 people, 3.75%)
- Insomnia (6 people, 3.75%)
- Gastritis (6 people, 3.75%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tysabri (76 people, 47.50%)
- Avonex (57 people, 35.62%)
- Gilenya (32 people, 20.00%)
- Baclofen (20 people, 12.50%)
- Rebif (18 people, 11.25%)
- Neurontin (11 people, 6.88%)
- Zoloft (10 people, 6.25%)
- Nexium (9 people, 5.62%)
- Klonopin (8 people, 5.00%)
- Vitamin d (7 people, 4.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Dry Eyes?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Dry Eyes and Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Dry Eyes
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can my sister take phentermine with multiple sclerosis to lose weight
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
I worry she is taking a pill that will affect the nervous system and may not be good for her body.
- Can i take marijuana while taking gilenya
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has MS, and takes Gilenya)
Hello i would like to know if is safe to have marijuane with gilenya and methotraxate
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Is it safe for me to take ginkgo biloba with gabapentin (neurontin)?
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
i also take Neurontin (Naprosyn) 500 mg 2 times a day and the gabapentin (Neurontin) usually 3 times a day.
- Anyone else develop facial swelling during clonazepam withdrawal and not recover from it several years later?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Excessive Hair Loss, Facial Swelling, and takes Clonazepam)
Weaned off of clonazepam 10 years ago. Body went into severe withdrawal: Hair loss/ thinning, swelling through T-zone portion of my face, excessively oily face and hair, stiff painful joints. Hair and face have never completely recovered although have days/weeks symptoms are milder, buy only wors ...
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Dry eyes
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has MS, and takes Copaxone)
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Dry Eyes, and takes Pantoprazole)
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has MS, and takes Prozac)
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Dry eyes
- A study of side effects of Zetia for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I was on Zetia for about a year for high cholesterol. I couldn't take statin drugs. 6 months into taking Zetia I went to my eye doctor for a routine checkup. He found severe scarring of the cornea in both eyes. I did not relate it to medication at this time. I went to a cornea specialist and she is ...
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Dry Eye (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I have been experiencing symptoms of dry eye, stinging and burning and dryness in my eyes for 10 years shortly after being put on lamictal. I'm trying to see if there is anyone else who has experienced this.
- A study of side effects of Avonex for a patient with MS. The patient has Loss Of Vision
Comments: Was recently told that my white blood count was low, I believe that it is a direct result from my medication as I have no other symptoms. My question is , if I go off the medication will my blood count go up if it was indeed the medication causing the drop.
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Narcolepsy, Speech Disorders, Chronic Pain, Sexual Apathy, Chronic Depression, Addh, Shoulder Blade Pain, Arthritis, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Eyes - Dry, Dry Mouth, Pain Threshold Decreased, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Umbilical Hernia, Sleep Disorder, Involuntary Body Movements, Restless Leg Syndrome, Dizziness, Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue - Chronic, Essential Tremor, Heat Intolerance
Comments: Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Pain. The patient has Fatigue After Sun Exposure, Back Stiffness, Dry Skin, Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears), Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
Comments: Every Saturday, I take my 100 mg dose earlier than usual (typically 2-3 hours earlier) due to working the Farmer's Markets. We may be under a tent, but it doesn't block out all sun while it is coming up to the high noon position. I am out in the sun for around 5 hours. By then, I have sweated out an ...
More related studies for: Multiple sclerosis, Dry eyes
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Bloating And Menstruation
- Oxybutynin Chloride
- Lack Of Menses
- Msm and Fever
- Effexor and Passionflower
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured. ... (3 hours ago)
- Is it safe to mastrubate while recovering from gbs gullian barre syndrome (gbs)
im currently on my recovery path its been 4 months and yet ... (4 hours ago)
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
Answer: Mouth ulcers whenever I lower my abilify dosage. Went to d ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 hours ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (15 hours ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (23 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lamictal Xr for a 14-year old girl who has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (1 minute ago)
- Oxybutynin Chloride for a 46-year old woman who has Lack Of Menses (6 minutes ago)
- Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a 52-year old woman who has Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain (46 minutes ago)