Would you have Dry eyes when you have Multiple sclerosis?
Summary: Dry eyes is found among people with Multiple sclerosis, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have High blood pressure, and take medication Tysabri.
We study 160 people who have Dry eyes and Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Dry eyes >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Betaseron, Baclofen. (latest reports from 224,269 Multiple Sclerosis patients)
Dry eyes (lack of adequate tears) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, acne, depression. (latest reports from 10,635 Dry eyes patients)
On Feb, 2, 2015: 160 people who have multiple sclerosis and Dry Eyes are studied.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Dry eyes * :
|Dry eyes||84.57%||15.43% |
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Dry eyes * :
|Dry eyes||0.00%||0.00%||3.59%||8.38%||18.56%||17.96%||37.13%||14.37% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry eyes||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (12 people, 7.50%)
- Depression (10 people, 6.25%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (9 people, 5.62%)
- Gait disturbance (9 people, 5.62%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (8 people, 5.00%)
- Bladder disorder (7 people, 4.38%)
- Malaise (6 people, 3.75%)
- Rhinitis (6 people, 3.75%)
- Insomnia (6 people, 3.75%)
- Gastritis (6 people, 3.75%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tysabri (76 people, 47.50%)
- Avonex (57 people, 35.62%)
- Gilenya (32 people, 20.00%)
- Baclofen (20 people, 12.50%)
- Rebif (18 people, 11.25%)
- Neurontin (11 people, 6.88%)
- Zoloft (10 people, 6.25%)
- Nexium (9 people, 5.62%)
- Klonopin (8 people, 5.00%)
- Vitamin d (7 people, 4.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of multiple sclerosis and dry eyes on
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Dry Eyes?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who have Dry Eyes and Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Dry eyes
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Cymbalta, Copaxone for a 37-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Ectopic Heartbeat, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Glucophage, Exforge for a 64-year old man with Diabetes, Hypertension. The patient has The More I Stay Idel The More I Feel Better, Aging Changes In The Face, Sometimes Encountring Little Difficulty To Urinate After Waking Up In The Morning, Pain - Shoulder, Eyes - Dry, Feel Very Tired For A Day Or Two If I Lift Heavy Weight, Waking Up After The First One Hour Or Two Of Sleep At Night And Needing Rtwo To Tre Hours Afterwards To Sleep, Fluctuation Of Apitite Some Times Very Hungry Sometime No Apetite At All, Sinusitis Bacterial, Morning-after Pill, Slow Heart Beat, Swelling Of The Face, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Easy Bruzing Sometimes, Burning Sensation, Generally Poor Lipido And Hard To Get An Erection And Sustaining It, Fluid Imbalance, Ear Continuous Noise, Night Sweats, Ear Pain, Physical Activity, Joint Pain, Low Platelet Count, Wbc Count
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Advil, Primrose Oil, Bilberry, Restasis, Pataday for a 46-year old woman with Migraine - Common, Eyes - Dry, Allergies. The patient has Migraine, Pressure Sore, Eyes - Dry
- A study of side effects of Tecfidera for a 52-year old woman with MS. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Lasix for a 59-year old woman with Fluid Retention. The patient has Ear Wax, Dermal Sinus, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears)
Recent Multiple Sclerosis related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.