Home > Multiple sclerosis > Dry mouth > Multiple sclerosis and Dry mouth
Would you have Dry mouth when you have Multiple sclerosis?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people with Multiple sclerosis, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Depression, and take medication Tysabri.
We study 384 people who have Dry mouth and Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Dry mouth >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 279,326 patients) can be treated by Tysabri, Copaxone, Avonex, Rebif, Betaseron, Baclofen.
Dry mouth (latest reports from 200,786 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 203,352 people who have multiple sclerosis are studied. Among them, 384 (0.19%) have Dry Mouth.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Dry mouth * :
|Dry mouth||86.27%||13.73% |
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Dry mouth * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.25%||3.27%||13.60%||25.69%||41.06%||16.37% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||25.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (11 people, 2.86%)
- Fatigue (11 people, 2.86%)
- Hypertonic bladder (10 people, 2.60%)
- Muscle spasms (8 people, 2.08%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 1.56%)
- Convulsion (6 people, 1.56%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 1.30%)
- Prophylaxis (5 people, 1.30%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (4 people, 1.04%)
- Muscle spasticity (4 people, 1.04%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tysabri (191 people, 49.74%)
- Avonex (154 people, 40.10%)
- Gilenya (49 people, 12.76%)
- Rebif (35 people, 9.11%)
- Baclofen (27 people, 7.03%)
- Betaseron (21 people, 5.47%)
- Ampyra (16 people, 4.17%)
- Neurontin (15 people, 3.91%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 3.39%)
- Vitamin d (13 people, 3.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Dry Mouth?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth and Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can my sister take phentermine with multiple sclerosis to lose weight
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
I worry she is taking a pill that will affect the nervous system and may not be good for her body.
- Can i take marijuana while taking gilenya
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has MS, and takes Gilenya)
Hello i would like to know if is safe to have marijuane with gilenya and methotraxate
- Is it safe for me to take ginkgo biloba with gabapentin (neurontin)?
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
i also take Neurontin (Naprosyn) 500 mg 2 times a day and the gabapentin (Neurontin) usually 3 times a day.
- Does morphine time released pills cause sudden baldness on scalp??
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Herniated Lumbar Disk, MS, and takes Morphine Sulfate, Baclofen, Meloxicam)
I recently started taking meds for a herniated disc in my lower back. These include morphine, OxyContin and oxycodone. I now have a bald spot on the top of my scalp. I noticed this within 2-3 weeks after taking the meds. The morphine is time released as well as the OxyContin. Could these meds be ca ...
- Does enalapril cause dry mouth
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Dry Mouth, Swollen Ankles And Feet, and takes Amlodipine Besylate, Tamsulosin, Avodart, Aspirin, Folic Acid)
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Dry mouth
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has MS, and takes Copaxone)
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has MS, and takes Prozac)
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Dry mouth
- A study of side effects of Guaifenesin for a patient with Cleft Sinus. The patient has Dry Mouth, Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears), Back Pain
Comments: causes acute thirst and dehydration symptoms that I treat with water and ice between water intake. I have had a bout with a bulging disc in the past but this was quite different. I wasn't having any of these symptoms. I was very really good except I was having this drainage to my throat and ears. Wh ...
- A study of side effects of Copaxone for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Fatigue Aggravated (feeling of tiredness), Fluid In Middle Ear, Itching - Burning Eyes, Fluid In The Chest (water on the lungs), Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels)
Comments: Not only were the shots painful, I tried ice packs, heating packs, no packs, morning, evening, after a shower, before a shower – nothing affected the welts, irritation, pain, and severe itching. Within 2 weeks of starting Copaxone I felt my chest tightening and new found anxiety that never seemed ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Excedrin for a patient with Anxiety, Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Drowsiness
Comments: I stopped taking Excedrin when I was prescribed the Clonazepam, so I am not sure if all the re-newed body aches are from no longer taking the Excedrin, or from side effects of the Clonazepam.
The doctor wants me to stop the Clonazepam, and instead, start an anti-depressant, because I do not slee ...
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a patient with Back Pain - Low. The patient has Long-term Memory Loss, Blue Vision, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Gastritis (inflammation of stomach), Depression, Dry Mouth, Dry Skin
Comments: I have been taking neurotin for lower back pain (spodylolisthesis stage 2) since June 2012 and have been unable to see my ankles since June 2012 due to swelling of my feet, ankles and legs. Sometimes the swelling gets so bad that it hurts to stand. The edema subsides somewhat when I lie down. Other ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Excedrin, Ibuprofen, Tricalcium Phosphate, DayQuil, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Caffeine, Ginkgo Biloba for a patient with ADHD, Depression Suicidal, Vitamin Supplementation, Headache, Runny Nose, Diarrhea, Tiredness. The patient has Anxiety Aggravated, Nervousness, Nausea, Nasal Discomfort, Persistent Cloaca, Decreased Appetite, Dry Mouth, Aphthous Stomatitis, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Anxiety
Comments: Reflux disease has been ongoing for about 2 years infrequently, with the last 3 months being the most severe. It has been diagnosed in my family; father and relatives from father's side. Anxiety disorder was previously diagnosed but medication was ceased upon hospitalization and diagnosis of suicida ...
More related studies for: Multiple sclerosis, Dry mouth
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Ketotifen Fumarate
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-prove ... (41 minutes ago)
- People with statin drug damage
Answer: I stopped statins months ago. My fancy cardiologist did no ... (1 hour ago)
- Do others have nasal congestion from the drug
i especially notice these symptoms after eating a meal ... (3 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (15 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (20 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lisinopril, Flunisolide, Ibuprofen, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Ketotifen Fumarate, Lamotrigine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 43-year old man who has Hypertension, Rhinitis, Pain, Conjunctivitis, Depression, Insomnia, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (11 minutes ago)
- Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a 76-year old woman who has Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis (30 minutes ago)
- Omeprazole for a 58-year old man who has Acidosis (36 minutes ago)