Home > Multiple sclerosis > Dry mouth > Multiple sclerosis and Dry mouth
Review: could Multiple sclerosis cause Dry mouth?
We study 203,352 people who have Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Among them, 384 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Dry mouth >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 278,484 patients) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron.
Dry mouth (latest reports from 200,634 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 18, 2014: 203,337 people who have multiple sclerosis are studied. Among them, 384 (0.19%) have Dry Mouth.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Dry mouth * :
|Dry mouth||86.27%||13.73% |
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Dry mouth * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.25%||3.27%||13.60%||25.69%||41.06%||16.37% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||25.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (11 people, 2.86%)
- Fatigue (11 people, 2.86%)
- Hypertonic bladder (10 people, 2.60%)
- Muscle spasms (8 people, 2.08%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 1.56%)
- Convulsion (6 people, 1.56%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 1.30%)
- Prophylaxis (5 people, 1.30%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (4 people, 1.04%)
- Muscle spasticity (4 people, 1.04%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tysabri (191 people, 49.74%)
- Avonex (154 people, 40.10%)
- Gilenya (49 people, 12.76%)
- Rebif (35 people, 9.11%)
- Baclofen (27 people, 7.03%)
- Betaseron (21 people, 5.47%)
- Ampyra (16 people, 4.17%)
- Neurontin (15 people, 3.91%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 3.39%)
- Vitamin d (13 people, 3.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Dry Mouth?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth and Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
I developed severe pain in both forearms while on Cipro. It was assumed to be tendonitis because it was a known side-effect of Cipro. I had outpatient hand therapy for months afterwords.
From this study (7 days ago):
menstrual problems could be simply because of age (51).
FANCYGIRL53 on Oct, 7, 2014:
Since starting metoprolol succinate er 25mg once a day 7 months ago. My menstrual cycle has stopped. Is this something common when on this medication. Has any other female experienced this.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Discomfort becomes worse after activities like walking, jogging.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Dry mouth
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Dry mouth
Common treatments for Multiple Sclerosis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Multiple sclerosis symptoms:
- Tiredness in Multiple sclerosis (18,941 reports)
- Multiple Sclerosis Relapse in Multiple sclerosis (18,620 reports)
- Weakness in Multiple sclerosis (14,531 reports)
- Fall in Multiple sclerosis (14,113 reports)
- Frequent Headaches in Multiple sclerosis (11,324 reports)
- Ms in Multiple sclerosis (11,317 reports)
- Cystitis in Multiple sclerosis (10,053 reports)
- Gait Disturbance in Multiple sclerosis (9,515 reports)
- Influenza Like Illness in Multiple sclerosis (8,694 reports)
- Acupuncture And Pain in Multiple sclerosis (7,894 reports)
Dry Mouth related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.