Would you have Flushing (Skin blushing/flushing) when you have Multiple sclerosis?
Summary: Flushing is found among people with Multiple sclerosis, especially people who are female, 40-49 old, also have Allergy to animal, and take medication Tysabri.
We study 864 people who have Flushing (Skin blushing/flushing) and Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Flushing >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) can be treated by Tysabri, Copaxone, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron. (latest reports from Multiple Sclerosis 223,215 patients)
Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.(view latest reports from 44,854 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 864 people who have multiple sclerosis and Flushing are studied.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Flushing * :
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Flushing * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Allergy to animal (18 people, 2.08%)
- Depression (17 people, 1.97%)
- Anxiety (12 people, 1.39%)
- Muscle spasms (11 people, 1.27%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (9 people, 1.04%)
- Pain (6 people, 0.69%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (6 people, 0.69%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 0.69%)
- Migraine (5 people, 0.58%)
- Prophylaxis (5 people, 0.58%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tysabri (587 people, 67.94%)
- Avonex (283 people, 32.75%)
- Copaxone (158 people, 18.29%)
- Rebif (52 people, 6.02%)
- Gilenya (44 people, 5.09%)
- Betaseron (44 people, 5.09%)
- Benadryl (40 people, 4.63%)
- Baclofen (34 people, 3.94%)
- Neurontin (24 people, 2.78%)
- Zyrtec (23 people, 2.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Flushing?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Flushing and Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Flushing
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Flushing
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets of symptoms last for a day, then to be repeated again the next day on taking the next capsule. Whenever I cease using the product the symptoms likewise end. They began occurring from the very first use of the product. They are sometimes accompanied by a very low-grade headache. I thus now no longer use the product, plus the product made no difference whatsoever to my weight gain/loss when using it daily over several weeks.
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the swelling?
If I haven't started using this site - my apologies!
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ppl are aware of. That there is a risk.
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous three years my lesions had doubled as compared to the past 15 years. Not wanting to start an Interferon or other immune-suppressing treatment I chose Prozac. At first, I had a lot of problems (insomnia and bouts of crying and indifference) but after a few months they eased off. The only really bad symptom is sexual, i.e. difficulty or rather impossibility to orgasm. In 2-4 months I will take another MRI and check the results, and come back with details, hoping they could be of help for other persons with MS.
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Flushing
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I started taking gilenya about six months ago. A few weeks after starting the medication I started getting acid reflux symptoms and am now in medication for acid reflux. I want to know if the gilenya may be causing my acid reflux.
- Was recently told that my white blood count was low, I believe that it is a direct result from my medication as I have no other symptoms. My question is , if I go off the medication will my blood count go up if it was indeed the medication causing the drop.
- i have a hot face on a daily basis, and i get hot flushes on a daily basis since march 2014. i have noticed mild flushing before that when i started taking it 2 years ago but its only gotten bad since march 2014
- I lived in a condominium where each of my neighbors smoked and after I began taking Tecfidera I developed a strong sensitivity to this. Other than myself, no one else could sense the smoke. I became so sensitive that I could tell when a neighbor would start and stop smoking. I then developed constan ...
- I feel like I don't belong, little disagreements make me cry with outbursts of yelling, always want to keep busy or don't want to do anything. Always biting down on my teeth or always feel like I am sucking on my tongue, cannot stay still sometimes always depressed
More related studies for: Multiple sclerosis, Flushing
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.