Home > Multiple sclerosis > Flushing > Multiple sclerosis and Flushing
Would you have Flushing (Skin blushing/flushing) when you have Multiple sclerosis?
Summary: Flushing is found among people with Multiple sclerosis, especially people who are female, 40-49 old, also have Allergy to animal, and take medication Tysabri.
We study 864 people who have Flushing (Skin blushing/flushing) and Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Flushing >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 279,326 patients) can be treated by Tysabri, Copaxone, Avonex, Rebif, Betaseron, Baclofen.
Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) (latest reports from 377,846 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 203,354 people who have multiple sclerosis are studied. Among them, 864 (0.42%) have Flushing.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Flushing * :
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Flushing * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Allergy to animal (18 people, 2.08%)
- Depression (17 people, 1.97%)
- Anxiety (12 people, 1.39%)
- Muscle spasms (11 people, 1.27%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (9 people, 1.04%)
- Pain (6 people, 0.69%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (6 people, 0.69%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 0.69%)
- Migraine (5 people, 0.58%)
- Prophylaxis (5 people, 0.58%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tysabri (587 people, 67.94%)
- Avonex (283 people, 32.75%)
- Copaxone (158 people, 18.29%)
- Rebif (52 people, 6.02%)
- Gilenya (44 people, 5.09%)
- Betaseron (44 people, 5.09%)
- Benadryl (40 people, 4.63%)
- Baclofen (34 people, 3.94%)
- Neurontin (24 people, 2.78%)
- Zyrtec (23 people, 2.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Flushing?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Flushing and Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Flushing
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have severe headache with cordarone?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Nausea, Skin Blushing/flushing, Migraine Without Aura, and takes Cordarone)
The left side of my head and eye have head-splitting pain. Nausea from the headche. Left jaw toothache. Left shoulder houlder feels like it has a toothache.These are very mild, but the headache is severe. Supradol and/or Valium help
- Can my sister take phentermine with multiple sclerosis to lose weight
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
I worry she is taking a pill that will affect the nervous system and may not be good for her body.
- Can i take marijuana while taking gilenya
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has MS, and takes Gilenya)
Hello i would like to know if is safe to have marijuane with gilenya and methotraxate
- Is it safe for me to take ginkgo biloba with gabapentin (neurontin)?
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
i also take Neurontin (Naprosyn) 500 mg 2 times a day and the gabapentin (Neurontin) usually 3 times a day.
- Does morphine time released pills cause sudden baldness on scalp??
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Herniated Lumbar Disk, MS, and takes Morphine Sulfate, Baclofen, Meloxicam)
I recently started taking meds for a herniated disc in my lower back. These include morphine, OxyContin and oxycodone. I now have a bald spot on the top of my scalp. I noticed this within 2-3 weeks after taking the meds. The morphine is time released as well as the OxyContin. Could these meds be ca ...
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Flushing
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has MS, and takes Copaxone)
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has MS, and takes Prozac)
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Flushing
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Albuterol Sulfate, Symbicort, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Asthma Exacerbation Prophylaxis, Asthma, Asthma Aggravated, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Red Face
Comments: I took levothyroxine for first time this morning, and now my face is red.
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin)
Comments: High blood pressure
- A study of side effects of Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin)
Comments: Have been taking this drug for 5 years to treat high blood pressure have got flushing in the face and neck when on feet to much and then sit down.
- A study of side effects of Tecfidera for a patient with MS. The patient has Leg Swelling
Comments: Took tecfidera and had severe leg pain and swelling
- A study of side effects of Celexa for a patient with Chronic Depression. The patient has Heartburn (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus), Red Face (a sudden reddening of the face, neck)
Comments: Red face-I have noticed that my face turns red after drinking alcohol since I started taking Celexa.
Heartburn-I have rectified this side effect by taking my medication before I go to bed.
More related studies for: Multiple sclerosis, Flushing
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Muscle Fasciculation and Prevacid
- Urticaria and Ibuprofen
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (8 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (11 hours ago)
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Coumadin for a 26-year old woman who has Blood Clots (34 minutes ago)
- Prevacid, Fluoxetine, Aspirin, Evista, Carvedilol for a 80-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Depression, Heart Rate Increased, Osteopetrosis, Blood Pressure Increased (36 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Coumadin for a 26-year old woman who has Migraine, Depression, Blood Clots (38 minutes ago)