Would you have Granuloma annulare when you have Multiple sclerosis?
Summary: Granuloma annulare is found among people with Multiple sclerosis, especially people who are female, 40-49 old, also have Depression, and take medication Tysabri.
We study 13 people who have Granuloma annulare and Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Granuloma annulare >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron. (latest reports from Multiple Sclerosis 223,215 patients)
Granuloma annulare (reddish bumps on the skin arranged in a circle or ring) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, pain.(latest reports from Granuloma annulare 287 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 13 people who have multiple sclerosis and Granuloma Annulare are studied.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Granuloma annulare * :
|Granuloma annulare||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Granuloma annulare * :
|Granuloma annulare||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||50.00%||21.43% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Granuloma annulare||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (4 people, 30.77%)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (2 people, 15.38%)
- Abnormal faeces (2 people, 15.38%)
- Multiple allergies (2 people, 15.38%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 15.38%)
- Affective disorder (2 people, 15.38%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tysabri (5 people, 38.46%)
- Effexor xr (4 people, 30.77%)
- Betaseron (3 people, 23.08%)
- Avonex (3 people, 23.08%)
- Copaxone (2 people, 15.38%)
- Lyrica (2 people, 15.38%)
- Januvia (2 people, 15.38%)
- Lamictal (2 people, 15.38%)
- Baclofen (2 people, 15.38%)
- Topamax (2 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Comments for this study:
carol (2 years ago):
I had GA on the top of my right foot when I was a teenager. Dr had no idea what it was and it went away after 6 months or so. At 35 I was dx with Multiple Sclerosis. And am now 43 and on Copaxone. Never connected the two things! Wow! Hmmm
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Granuloma Annulare?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Granuloma Annulare and Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Granuloma Annulare
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Granuloma annulare
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the swelling?
If I haven't started using this site - my apologies!
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ppl are aware of. That there is a risk.
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous three years my lesions had doubled as compared to the past 15 years. Not wanting to start an Interferon or other immune-suppressing treatment I chose Prozac. At first, I had a lot of problems (insomnia and bouts of crying and indifference) but after a few months they eased off. The only really bad symptom is sexual, i.e. difficulty or rather impossibility to orgasm. In 2-4 months I will take another MRI and check the results, and come back with details, hoping they could be of help for other persons with MS.
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Granuloma annulare
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I started taking gilenya about six months ago. A few weeks after starting the medication I started getting acid reflux symptoms and am now in medication for acid reflux. I want to know if the gilenya may be causing my acid reflux.
- Was recently told that my white blood count was low, I believe that it is a direct result from my medication as I have no other symptoms. My question is , if I go off the medication will my blood count go up if it was indeed the medication causing the drop.
- I lived in a condominium where each of my neighbors smoked and after I began taking Tecfidera I developed a strong sensitivity to this. Other than myself, no one else could sense the smoke. I became so sensitive that I could tell when a neighbor would start and stop smoking. I then developed constan ...
- I feel like I don't belong, little disagreements make me cry with outbursts of yelling, always want to keep busy or don't want to do anything. Always biting down on my teeth or always feel like I am sucking on my tongue, cannot stay still sometimes always depressed
- Had Respiratory Distress, coughing, clogged nasal passages, an extreme skin rash and problems sleeping.
After telling my neurologist these symptoms worsen after I get a needle of Rebif he didn't really believe me because I was taking Rebif for about 8 years with no to little side effects. I was adm ...
More related studies for: Multiple sclerosis, Granuloma annulare
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.