Home > Multiple sclerosis > High blood sugar > Multiple sclerosis and High blood sugar
Would you have High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia) when you have Multiple sclerosis?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people with Multiple sclerosis, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Depression, and take medication Avonex.
We study 150 people who have High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia) and Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and High blood sugar >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 223,215 patients) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron.
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) (latest reports from 16,702 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 150 people who have multiple sclerosis and High Blood Sugar are studied.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced High blood sugar * :
|High blood sugar||79.46%||20.54% |
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced High blood sugar * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.57%||4.55%||14.20%||34.09%||27.84%||18.75% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (8 people, 5.33%)
- Muscle spasms (8 people, 5.33%)
- Pain (7 people, 4.67%)
- Anaemia (7 people, 4.67%)
- Multiple sclerosis relapse (7 people, 4.67%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 3.33%)
- Fatigue (5 people, 3.33%)
- Convulsion (4 people, 2.67%)
- Iron deficiency anaemia (4 people, 2.67%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (4 people, 2.67%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Avonex (94 people, 62.67%)
- Tysabri (42 people, 28.00%)
- Baclofen (27 people, 18.00%)
- Rebif (25 people, 16.67%)
- Solu-medrol (19 people, 12.67%)
- Neurontin (16 people, 10.67%)
- Ambien (15 people, 10.00%)
- Provigil (13 people, 8.67%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 8.67%)
- Insulin (13 people, 8.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and High Blood Sugar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar and Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can my sister take phentermine with multiple sclerosis to lose weight
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
I worry she is taking a pill that will affect the nervous system and may not be good for her body.
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Can i take marijuana while taking gilenya
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has MS, and takes Gilenya)
Hello i would like to know if is safe to have marijuane with gilenya and methotraxate
- Is it safe for me to take ginkgo biloba with gabapentin (neurontin)?
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
i also take Neurontin (Naprosyn) 500 mg 2 times a day and the gabapentin (Neurontin) usually 3 times a day.
- Does morphine time released pills cause sudden baldness on scalp??
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Herniated Lumbar Disk, MS, and takes Morphine Sulfate, Baclofen, Meloxicam)
I recently started taking meds for a herniated disc in my lower back. These include morphine, OxyContin and oxycodone. I now have a bald spot on the top of my scalp. I noticed this within 2-3 weeks after taking the meds. The morphine is time released as well as the OxyContin. Could these meds be ca ...
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has MS, and takes Copaxone)
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has MS, and takes Prozac)
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, High blood sugar
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of side effects of Spironolactone W/ Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hair Loss In Women. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: I just had radical hysterectomy 8 weeks ago. I was under general anesthesia for 6 hours. I take spironolactone 100mg x2/day, HRT, Ambien, and Nicorette gum 2 mg. PCP wants me to discontinue Spiro, but this time is crucial for me to continue Spiro. Do I decrease Spiro to 100mg or spiro completely and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus, NovoRapid for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has High Blood Sugar
Comments: My dad has been diabetic for about9 yrs now and started on Huminsulin then. However for the last 6 yrs he has been on Novorapid and Lantus.
Now I am suspecting a probable Somogyi effect,for the last 3 - 4 months.This started after a recent bout of hypoglycaemia during the day when the blood sugar ...
- A study of side effects of Avonex for a patient with MS. The patient has Loss Of Vision
Comments: Was recently told that my white blood count was low, I believe that it is a direct result from my medication as I have no other symptoms. My question is , if I go off the medication will my blood count go up if it was indeed the medication causing the drop.
- A study of side effects of Macrodantin for a patient with UTI. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: Due to lack of appetite, and not following the directions, I didn't eat once starting Macrodantin. Due to nausea, I will change that.
Beginning blood sugar 88
After two doses 151
After two additional doses 170
More related studies for: Multiple sclerosis, High blood sugar
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.