Home > Multiple sclerosis > Mental status changes > Multiple sclerosis and Mental status changes
Review: could Multiple sclerosis cause Mental status changes?
We study 203,352 people who have Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Among them, 397 have Mental status changes. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Mental status changes >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 278,484 patients) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron.
Mental status changes
Mental status changes (general changes in brain function, such as confusion, amnesia (memory loss), loss of alertness, loss of orientation) (latest reports from 112,677 patients) has been reported by people with pain, depression, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, multiple sclerosis.
On Sep, 21, 2014: 203,340 people who have multiple sclerosis are studied. Among them, 397 (0.20%) have Mental Status Changes.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Mental status changes * :
|Mental status changes||73.19%||26.81% |
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Mental status changes * :
|Mental status changes||0.00%||0.00%||0.22%||2.92%||18.88%||23.60%||27.19%||27.42% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mental status changes||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Muscle spasms (15 people, 3.78%)
- Diabetes mellitus (15 people, 3.78%)
- Depression (14 people, 3.53%)
- Headache (13 people, 3.27%)
- Pain (12 people, 3.02%)
- Migraine (9 people, 2.27%)
- Anxiety (8 people, 2.02%)
- Urinary tract infection (7 people, 1.76%)
- Insomnia (7 people, 1.76%)
- Muscle spasticity (6 people, 1.51%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tysabri (219 people, 55.16%)
- Avonex (168 people, 42.32%)
- Baclofen (84 people, 21.16%)
- Rebif (47 people, 11.84%)
- Lisinopril (29 people, 7.30%)
- Neurontin (27 people, 6.80%)
- Zoloft (23 people, 5.79%)
- Gilenya (23 people, 5.79%)
- Gabapentin (22 people, 5.54%)
- Omeprazole (21 people, 5.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Mental Status Changes?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Mental Status Changes and Multiple sclerosis
- group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- group for people who have Mental Status Changes
Comments from related studies:
From this study (23 hours ago):
Dizziness, balance, muscle weakness
From this study (1 week ago):
Doc called and said I had low potabssium
From this study (1 month ago):
I lived in a condominium where each of my neighbors smoked and after I began taking Tecfidera I developed a strong sensitivity to this. Other than myself, no one else could sense the smoke. I became so sensitive that I could tell when a neighbor would start and stop smoking. I then developed constant chest pains and tightness in my breathing. Is it possible that I'm highly sensitive because Tecfidera controls MS by decreasing the activity of one's immune system? Does this naturally increase ones vulnerability to the effects of things like second and third hand smoke?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Mental status changes
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Mental status changes
Common treatments for Multiple Sclerosis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Multiple sclerosis symptoms:
- Tiredness in Multiple sclerosis (18,937 reports)
- Multiple Sclerosis Relapse in Multiple sclerosis (18,620 reports)
- Weakness in Multiple sclerosis (14,531 reports)
- Fall in Multiple sclerosis (14,113 reports)
- Headache in Multiple sclerosis (11,323 reports)
- Ms in Multiple sclerosis (11,317 reports)
- Urinary Tract Infection in Multiple sclerosis (10,053 reports)
- Gait Disturbance in Multiple sclerosis (9,515 reports)
- Influenza Like Illness in Multiple sclerosis (8,694 reports)
- Hypnosis And Pain in Multiple sclerosis (7,894 reports)
Mental Status Changes related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Subclavian Artery Stenosis
- Cytomegalovirus Infection and Vertigo
- Flexeril for Fibromyalgia
- Lightheadedness and Emphysema
- Levothyroxine Sodium
Recent user comments
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (18 minutes ago)
- "Been on protonix for 3 weeks when the pain, swelling, ... " (35 minutes ago)
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (3 hours ago)
- Serum Ferritin Increased
- Eyelids Pruritus
- Retardation Motormental
- Saliva Analysis Abnormal
- Low Cardiac Output Syndrome