Review: could Multiple sclerosis cause Sepsis?
We study 203,337 people who have Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,462 have Sepsis. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Sepsis >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 279,818 patients) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron.
Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death) (latest reports from 302,164 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, preventive health care.
On Sep, 13, 2014: 203,335 people who have multiple sclerosis are studied. Among them, 1,462 (0.72%) have Sepsis.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Sepsis * :
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Sepsis * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (32 people, 2.19%)
- Depression (28 people, 1.92%)
- Muscle spasms (27 people, 1.85%)
- Pain (24 people, 1.64%)
- Osteoporosis (24 people, 1.64%)
- Anxiety (22 people, 1.50%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (13 people, 0.89%)
- Bladder disorder (13 people, 0.89%)
- Asthma (12 people, 0.82%)
- Gastritis (12 people, 0.82%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Avonex (834 people, 57.05%)
- Tysabri (525 people, 35.91%)
- Rebif (223 people, 15.25%)
- Baclofen (168 people, 11.49%)
- Betaseron (69 people, 4.72%)
- Neurontin (46 people, 3.15%)
- Zanaflex (46 people, 3.15%)
- Copaxone (44 people, 3.01%)
- Lasix (44 people, 3.01%)
- Aspirin (39 people, 2.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Sepsis and Multiple sclerosis
- group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- group for people who have Sepsis
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
theresa on Jun, 28, 2011:
my bf started taking vimpat in sept. on with his regiment of seizure meds... he now has a kidney stone...
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Sepsis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Sepsis hallucinations misdiagnosed
I was admitted to the hospital at 10 p.m., with a total bowel blockage caused by scar-tissue adhesions. I had first gone to the ER at 3 a.m. that morning, but the ER doc misdiagnosed my condition as constipation. I was in extreme pain and also too weak to tell my husband when he first came home t ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Sepsis
Common treatments for Multiple Sclerosis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Multiple sclerosis symptoms:
- Weariness in Multiple sclerosis (18,937 reports)
- Multiple Sclerosis Relapse in Multiple sclerosis (18,620 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Multiple sclerosis (14,531 reports)
- Fall in Multiple sclerosis (14,113 reports)
- Headache in Multiple sclerosis (11,323 reports)
- Ms in Multiple sclerosis (11,317 reports)
- Urinary Tract Infection in Multiple sclerosis (10,055 reports)
- Gait Disturbance in Multiple sclerosis (9,515 reports)
- Influenza Like Illness in Multiple sclerosis (8,694 reports)
- Acupuncture And Pain in Multiple sclerosis (7,894 reports)
Sepsis related symptom studies:
Multiple Sclerosis is also known as: MS.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.