Home > Multiple sclerosis > Sweating - excessive > Multiple sclerosis and Sweating - excessive
Review: could Multiple sclerosis cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
We study 203,352 people who have Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,251 have Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Sweating - excessive >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 278,484 patients) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron.
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) (latest reports from 297,886 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 203,335 people who have multiple sclerosis are studied. Among them, 1,251 (0.62%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Sweating - excessive * :
|Sweating - excessive||76.87%||23.13% |
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Sweating - excessive * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||0.53%||6.37%||19.88%||31.79%||32.40%||9.10% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||40.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (43 people, 3.44%)
- Pain (27 people, 2.16%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (25 people, 2.00%)
- Menopause (25 people, 2.00%)
- Osteoporosis (21 people, 1.68%)
- Secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (21 people, 1.68%)
- Multiple allergies (21 people, 1.68%)
- Anaphylactic reaction (18 people, 1.44%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 1.28%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 1.04%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Avonex (522 people, 41.73%)
- Tysabri (346 people, 27.66%)
- Rebif (238 people, 19.02%)
- Baclofen (106 people, 8.47%)
- Neurontin (88 people, 7.03%)
- Extavia (82 people, 6.55%)
- Gilenya (75 people, 6.00%)
- Betaseron (74 people, 5.92%)
- Copaxone (73 people, 5.84%)
- Vitamin d (46 people, 3.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Sweating - Excessive?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Sweating - Excessive and Multiple sclerosis
- group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
Night sweats constantly and once I get hot and start sweating I can't cool down. I just sweat more and more until I do something like blast a fan on me for a long time and I have to keep my a/c down really low. Any activity causes the sweating to start which begins at my head, face and neck and down my back.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Sweating - excessive
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Sweating - excessive
Common treatments for Multiple Sclerosis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Multiple sclerosis symptoms:
- Exhaustion in Multiple sclerosis (18,937 reports)
- Multiple Sclerosis Relapse in Multiple sclerosis (18,620 reports)
- Muscle Fatigue in Multiple sclerosis (14,531 reports)
- Fall in Multiple sclerosis (14,113 reports)
- Headaches in Multiple sclerosis (11,323 reports)
- Ms in Multiple sclerosis (11,317 reports)
- Bladder Infection in Multiple sclerosis (10,055 reports)
- Gait Disturbance in Multiple sclerosis (9,515 reports)
- Influenza Like Illness in Multiple sclerosis (8,694 reports)
- Pain Management in Multiple sclerosis (7,894 reports)
Sweating - Excessive related symptom studies:
Multiple Sclerosis is also known as: MS.
Sweating - Excessive is also known as: Diaphoresis, Hyperhidrosis, Perspiration - excessive.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (55 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (55 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (4 hours ago)
- Phlebitis Superficial
- Bed Wetting
- Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased