Home > Multiple sclerosis > Sweating - excessive > Multiple sclerosis and Sweating - excessive
Review: could Multiple sclerosis cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
We study 203,354 people who have Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,251 have Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Sweating - excessive >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 279,998 patients) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron.
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) (latest reports from 298,050 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 203,352 people who have multiple sclerosis are studied. Among them, 1,251 (0.62%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Sweating - excessive * :
|Sweating - excessive||76.87%||23.13% |
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Sweating - excessive * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||0.53%||6.37%||19.88%||31.79%||32.40%||9.10% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||40.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (43 people, 3.44%)
- Pain (27 people, 2.16%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (25 people, 2.00%)
- Menopause (25 people, 2.00%)
- Osteoporosis (21 people, 1.68%)
- Secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (21 people, 1.68%)
- Multiple allergies (21 people, 1.68%)
- Anaphylactic reaction (18 people, 1.44%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 1.28%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 1.04%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Avonex (522 people, 41.73%)
- Tysabri (346 people, 27.66%)
- Rebif (238 people, 19.02%)
- Baclofen (106 people, 8.47%)
- Neurontin (88 people, 7.03%)
- Extavia (82 people, 6.55%)
- Gilenya (75 people, 6.00%)
- Betaseron (74 people, 5.92%)
- Copaxone (73 people, 5.84%)
- Vitamin d (46 people, 3.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Sweating - Excessive?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive and Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
Night sweats constantly and once I get hot and start sweating I can't cool down. I just sweat more and more until I do something like blast a fan on me for a long time and I have to keep my a/c down really low. Any activity causes the sweating to start which begins at my head, face and neck and down my back.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Sweating - excessive
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Heavy sweating during sleep
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Sweating - excessive
Common treatments for Multiple Sclerosis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Multiple sclerosis symptoms:
- Weariness in Multiple sclerosis (18,941 reports)
- Multiple Sclerosis Relapse in Multiple sclerosis (18,620 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in Multiple sclerosis (14,531 reports)
- Fall in Multiple sclerosis (14,113 reports)
- Headache in Multiple sclerosis (11,324 reports)
- Ms in Multiple sclerosis (11,317 reports)
- Cystitis in Multiple sclerosis (10,053 reports)
- Gait Disturbance in Multiple sclerosis (9,515 reports)
- Influenza Like Illness in Multiple sclerosis (8,694 reports)
- Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief in Multiple sclerosis (7,894 reports)
Sweating - Excessive related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.