Would you have Blindness when you have Myasthenia gravis?
Summary: Blindness is found among people with Myasthenia gravis, especially people who are male, 60+ old, also have Asthma, and take medication Prednisone.
We study 8 people who have Blindness and Myasthenia gravis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Myasthenia gravis and Blindness >>>
Myasthenia gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) can be treated by Mestinon, Prednisone, Pyridostigmine Bromide, Cellcept, Azathioprine, Imuran. (latest reports from Myasthenia Gravis 2,665 patients)
Blindness has been reported by people with diabetes, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, erection problems, depression.(latest reports from Blindness 14,656 patients)
On Dec, 14, 2014: 8 people who have myasthenia gravis and Blindness are studied.
Gender of people who have myasthenia gravis and experienced Blindness * :
Age of people who have myasthenia gravis and experienced Blindness * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Asthma (3 people, 37.50%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (3 people, 37.50%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (3 people, 37.50%)
- Depression (3 people, 37.50%)
- Angina pectoris (3 people, 37.50%)
- Coronary artery disease (3 people, 37.50%)
- Hypersensitivity (3 people, 37.50%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 37.50%)
- Erectile dysfunction (1 people, 12.50%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Prednisone (8 people, 100.00%)
- Norvasc (8 people, 100.00%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (8 people, 100.00%)
- Cellcept (7 people, 87.50%)
- Aspirin (7 people, 87.50%)
- Dipyridamole (5 people, 62.50%)
- Benicar (5 people, 62.50%)
- Glucosamine (4 people, 50.00%)
- Avodart (4 people, 50.00%)
- Glimepiride (4 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Myasthenia Gravis and Blindness?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Blindness and Myasthenia gravis
- support group for people who have Myasthenia gravis
- support group for people who have Blindness
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on Abilify about the same amoount of time and I noticed that the commercials say a side affect can be lack of judgement or something to that effect. Has anyone else had this happen?
- Could the combination of mestinon and robaxin in myasthenia gravis patients be fatal? (1 answer)
My 43 yo daughter, Amy Baker, was diagnosed 8 months ago with Myasthenia Gravis. She was prescribed Mestinon and then Robaxin 750mg. She died in her sleep January 27, 2014. My email is email@example.com
- Is the a correlation with mycobacterium and myasthena gravis? (2 answers)
I was exposed to a leper colony for about five months while in Vietnam. Many of the lepers died with open wounds and I actually wore some of their beads and trinkets around my neck. I slept on their beds and drank from their water source. Out of the clear blue almost 40 years later with no indication at all I came down with Myasthenia Gravis. Thyroid plays no role in my disease, so that has been rules out.
Does the Mycobacterium in Leprosy have any possible correlation with me getting Myasthenia Gravis?
- Does polycystic liver disease cause back and hip pain?
I was diagnosed with a polycystic liver 20 years ago during a scan for a possible Thymus malignancy after diagnosis of Myasthenia Gravis. The finding of the cystic condition of my liver was incidental, and I was told this was a benign condition which was normally asymptomatic. I have developed abdominal distension and, incidentally, chronic pain in my lower back, hips and legs. I am wondering if the pain is connected to the liver distention; also wondering if I should be screened for polycystic kidney disease.
- Can you lose weight with myasthenia gravis
It seems when I was on the steroids in 2005 I weighed less. Now,2013 I am of the steroids seems like I cant loose this weight. I'm doing better and more active even join a gym.But no weight lost. I weighed 200lbs on the steroids,off I weighed 287.
More questions for: Myasthenia gravis, Blindness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prialt warning this drug is dangerous
THIS DRUG IS DANGEROUS, IT MADE MY NEUROPATHY WORSE. SEVERE HEADACHE, PAIN? HALLUCINATED , WAS HEARING SOUNDS IN MY HEAD. I WAS ON THIS DRUG FOR A FEW WEEKS AND HAVE HAD IT OFF FOR A WEEK NOW AND STILL HAVE SIDE EFFECTS. PLEASE THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU TRY THIS DRUG, I'M SCARED THE SIDE EFFECTS WONT GO AWAY.
More reviews for: Myasthenia gravis, Blindness
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Was recently told that my white blood count was low, I believe that it is a direct result from my medication as I have no other symptoms. My question is , if I go off the medication will my blood count go up if it was indeed the medication causing the drop.
- One year prior to blindness occurring I had a total hysterectomy, then an intestinal infection of some kind, I was given the above antibiotics, I had a seizure from them, fell into the shower and had a slight head injury. CT was normal. Medications discontinued. One year later, I woke up with a head ...
- My daughter was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis approx 8 months before her death. Her neurologist diagnosed her and prescribed Imuran and Mestinon. She was referred to Pain Mgmt where she was prescribed Robaxin. What would the results of taking these medications together?
- For 6 years I have been taking predisone to treat my Myasthenia Gravis, which is primarily ocular. I've always had moderate situational anxiety but as soon as I began taking prednison my axiety sky rocketed. My predinsone doses have ranged from 5-30mg per day, depending on weather or not I am in r ...
- I am receiving injections in my right eye. Wet macular degeneration. I have diabetes type2. My father got this in his eightys. I have been having pain around my heart with heavy pounding beats. I fall asleep with vivid quick dreams. I just stopped the drug and I am no longer exhausted and fall aslee ...
More related studies for: Myasthenia gravis, Blindness
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.