Would you have Deafness (Hearing loss) when you have Myasthenia gravis?
Summary: Deafness is reported only by a few people with Myasthenia gravis.
We study people who have Deafness (Hearing loss) and Myasthenia gravis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Myasthenia gravis and Deafness >>>
Myasthenia gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) can be treated by Mestinon, Prednisone, Pyridostigmine Bromide, Cellcept, Azathioprine, Imuran. (latest reports from Myasthenia Gravis 2,665 patients)
Deafness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Deafness 10,219 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 1 people who has myasthenia gravis and Deafness is studied.
Gender of people who have myasthenia gravis and experienced Deafness * :
Age of people who have myasthenia gravis and experienced Deafness * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :n/a
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Pyridostigmine bromide (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Myasthenia Gravis and Deafness?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Deafness and Myasthenia gravis
- support group for people who have Myasthenia gravis
- support group for people who have Deafness
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on Abilify about the same amoount of time and I noticed that the commercials say a side affect can be lack of judgement or something to that effect. Has anyone else had this happen?
- Could the combination of mestinon and robaxin in myasthenia gravis patients be fatal? (1 answer)
My 43 yo daughter, Amy Baker, was diagnosed 8 months ago with Myasthenia Gravis. She was prescribed Mestinon and then Robaxin 750mg. She died in her sleep January 27, 2014. My email is email@example.com
- Can dengue feve cause hearing loss?
In Nov 2007 I contracted Dungue and sometime inn 2008 I lost my (L)hearing, just wanted to know if the 2 are linked.
- Is the a correlation with mycobacterium and myasthena gravis? (2 answers)
I was exposed to a leper colony for about five months while in Vietnam. Many of the lepers died with open wounds and I actually wore some of their beads and trinkets around my neck. I slept on their beds and drank from their water source. Out of the clear blue almost 40 years later with no indication at all I came down with Myasthenia Gravis. Thyroid plays no role in my disease, so that has been rules out.
Does the Mycobacterium in Leprosy have any possible correlation with me getting Myasthenia Gravis?
- When will fluid in ear from ear infection go away? (1 answer)
Twelve days ago I my left ear suddenly started hurting, and stared to sound like my ear was under water. Pain, and pressure in both ears continued to get worse for 8 days before I saw a doctor who diagnosed infection in both ears and prescribed me amoxicillin, 500mg 3x a day.
I have taken the antibiotic on time every time for 4 full days and pain and pressure have only decreased a small amount and my hearing has not returned to normal, and seems to be affecting both ears although only the left sounds under water.
When might the fluid finally drain and my hearing return to normal? Or, when should I contact my doctor about symptoms barely improving? I have never had such a slow reaction to antibiotics, but I have also never had an ear infection even as a child.
I did try a couple home remedies to drain or dry the fluid days ago. Sweet oil just temporarily added pressure and an alcohol/vinegar mix just caused more discomfort. I am starting to become concerned about permanent damage to my hearing since the problem started almost 2 weeks ago.
More questions for: Myasthenia gravis, Deafness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zetia causes deafness
Took for two weeks and now have complete deafness. This was back in 2012.
- Isoniazid and deafness
As a young girl I was put on Isoniazid, I didn't put 2 and 2 together but after taking the inh I started loosing my hearing to the point I'm completely deaf in my left ear. I have found a few people having report that they lost their hearing also. I'm just curious as to about how many people have had this problem.
- Prialt warning this drug is dangerous
THIS DRUG IS DANGEROUS, IT MADE MY NEUROPATHY WORSE. SEVERE HEADACHE, PAIN? HALLUCINATED , WAS HEARING SOUNDS IN MY HEAD. I WAS ON THIS DRUG FOR A FEW WEEKS AND HAVE HAD IT OFF FOR A WEEK NOW AND STILL HAVE SIDE EFFECTS. PLEASE THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU TRY THIS DRUG, I'M SCARED THE SIDE EFFECTS WONT GO AWAY.
More reviews for: Myasthenia gravis, Deafness
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have experienced hearing loss within the past 8 years and wondered if it had to do with medications I have taken. I have taken others during that time including Abilify, Trileptal, Effexor. I recently have noticed a decrease in my hearing.
- 05/26/14: Having reached a plateau in discernible improvements after taking ceftriaxone IVs (2gm BID 3 days/week via port for 33 out of 38 weeks), I halted treatment two weeks ago. Still have a high degree of annoying tinnitus in both ears and a marked reduction in hearing.
- My daughter was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis approx 8 months before her death. Her neurologist diagnosed her and prescribed Imuran and Mestinon. She was referred to Pain Mgmt where she was prescribed Robaxin. What would the results of taking these medications together?
- I had sudden reduction in hearing around 6 months ago and intermittent bouts of dizziness.
For the past two weeks I've had increasing dizzy spells and have also developed intermittent facial neuralgia, to the top of my cheek and up to my forehead. First this was on the left but yesterday started ...
- I am on Remicade once a month since July 22nd of 2013. Had a great response until I hurt my low back again. Then the back pain just worked it's way right up my spine to the neck. I have had neck fusion one level...several bad discs. A knee replacement, a shoulder reconstruction etc. The numbness and ...
More related studies for: Myasthenia gravis, Deafness
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.