Would you have Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy) when you have Myasthenia gravis?
Summary: there is no Neuropathy reported by people with Myasthenia gravis yet.
We study people who have Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy) and Myasthenia gravis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Myasthenia gravis and Neuropathy >>>
Myasthenia gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) can be treated by Mestinon, Prednisone, Pyridostigmine Bromide, Cellcept, Azathioprine, Imuran. (latest reports from Myasthenia Gravis 2,665 patients)
Neuropathy (damage to nerves) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Neuropathy 5,090 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: No report is found.
Do you have Myasthenia Gravis and Neuropathy?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Myasthenia gravis
- support group for people who have Neuropathy
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can an im phenergan injection cause neuropathy, where the injection was given?
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Neuropathy, and takes Phenergan)
I was given a phenergan injection in PACU. Once I was discharged and home, I felt numbness in my leg where the injection was given. I called my MD and was told the numbness was from the position my leg was in during surgery. It has now been 5 months and my upper thigh has neuropathy. Can Phenerga ...
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- What are effects of gabapentin when taking stress test?
(Asked by a 78 year old woman who has Neuropathy, and takes Gabapentin, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide)
I am seeing a neurologist, and have been referred to a cardiologist before final diagnosis. My initial test was good, but the cardiologist recommended I have a stress test to complete his evaluation.
- Can i do anything to help dysphonia associated with prednisone tablets?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Peripheral Neuropathy, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Temporal Arteritis, and takes Gabapentin, Metformin, Prednisone)
Taking Prednisone tablets for temporal arteritis. Noticed voice getting hoarse and believe go be dysphonia side effect. Wondering if anything I can do to help alleviate.
- Can trileptal cause a-fib
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Peripheral Neuropathy, A-fib, and takes Trileptal, Lyrica)
I had an ablation. I got irregular hr on lyrica for neuropathy peripheral.md changed to oxcarbazepine. do these drugs cause a-fib. what is best pain med that does not cause a-fib or tachycardia.cymbalta,paxil Prozac caused atrial tachy and a-fib.?
More questions for: Myasthenia gravis, Neuropathy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Adderall xr 30 mg and peripheral neuropathy
(Posted by a 19 year old girl who has Peripheral Neuropathy, and takes Adderall Xr 30)
I have been taking adderall xr 30 mg for the past five years, with some breaks. I started showing symptoms of peripheral neuropathy the second year. This year (my 5th year on adderall) has been the worst and most difficult for my peripheral neuropathy. I also suffer from major depressive disorder an ...
- Lyrica varied widely
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Bright-red Rash, Swelling Of Ankles, Weight Gain, and takes Lyrica)
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!! (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has History Of Concussions, Migraines, Neuropathy, and takes Lyrica)
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
- Lyrica caused my kidneys to shut down
(Posted by a 38 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Neuropathy, Rhabdomyolysis, and takes Lyrica)
I was on Lyrica for 6 weeks and it almost killed me. I was so weak at the end that my daughter had to help me get out of bed go to the bathroom. I gained 22 lbs in 10 days. I gained over 40 lbs in 6 weeks. My ankles and feet were so swollen that the skin was starting to break open. I was in and out ...
More reviews for: Myasthenia gravis, Neuropathy
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of drug interactions between Complera, Efavirenz; Emtricitabine; Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate, Lamivudine; Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate, Efavirenz/lamivudine/tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate for a patient with Myositis, Chronic Kidney Disease. The patient has Myositis, Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Chronic Kidney Disease
Comments: I was prescribed tenofovir since 2006 in many of the combination medications for hIV treatment. doctors did not inform me of the risks. In May of 2014 I was diagnosed with CKD 3. Tis wen un checks all theses years. I was taken off Atripla "to see if my leg pain would go away" and restarted 3 months ...
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Blood Clots. The patient has Neuropathy (damage to nerves)
Comments: Began warafin sodium (coumodin) approximately one month ago after a diagnosis of DVT clots in my left leg (with some traveling to lungs). Within two or three days, noticed numbness and tingling in left foot. Since then seems to have stabilized to numb left heel and tingling on arch (bottom) of lef ...
- A study of drug interactions between Dapsone, Zinc Chloride In Plastic Container, Garlic, Oil Of Oregano, L-Lysine, Echinacea, Tri-linyah for a patient with Brown Recluse Bite, Impaired Healing, Yeast Infection - Vagina, Birth Control. The patient has Vascular Insufficiency, Extravasation Blood, Inflammation, Epidermal Necrosis, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Skin Burning Sensation, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: First diag. Brown recluse spider bite. 2nd diag. Schamburgs purpura. 3rd diag. Brown recluse bite. Biopsy showed necrotic epidermis and perivascular and perieccrine lymphocytic inflammation. Biopsy would not heal. Further testing shows greater saphenous vein reflux.
- A study of side effects of Benicar for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Peripheral Neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system)
Comments: neuropathy started about 6 months ago and is progressively getting worse. have become very unsteady and hqave little feeling in my feet and legs. Hands have become tingly and losing feeling in them, also.
More related studies for: Myasthenia gravis, Neuropathy
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.