Would you have Swollen tongue when you have Myasthenia gravis?
Summary: Swollen tongue is reported only by a few people with Myasthenia gravis.
We study 3 people who have Swollen tongue and Myasthenia gravis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Myasthenia gravis and Swollen tongue >>>
Myasthenia gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) can be treated by Mestinon, Prednisone, Cellcept, Pyridostigmine Bromide, Prednisolone, Azathioprine. (latest reports from Myasthenia Gravis 2,665 patients)
Swollen tongue (swelling of tongue) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Swollen tongue 10,973 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 3 people who have myasthenia gravis and Swollen Tongue are studied.
Gender of people who have myasthenia gravis and experienced Swollen tongue * :
|Swollen tongue||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have myasthenia gravis and experienced Swollen tongue * :
|Swollen tongue||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||80.00%||0.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Adrenal atrophy (3 people, 100.00%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 100.00%)
- Gastric disorder (3 people, 100.00%)
- Muscular weakness (3 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 100.00%)
- Oedema (2 people, 66.67%)
- Demyelinating polyneuropathy (2 people, 66.67%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Mestinon (3 people, 100.00%)
- Lyrica (3 people, 100.00%)
- Altace (3 people, 100.00%)
- Actonel (3 people, 100.00%)
- Budesonide (2 people, 66.67%)
- Nasonex (2 people, 66.67%)
- Ciloxan (2 people, 66.67%)
- Calcium (2 people, 66.67%)
- Acetylcysteine (2 people, 66.67%)
- Nystatin (2 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Myasthenia Gravis and Swollen Tongue?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Swollen Tongue and Myasthenia gravis
- support group for people who have Myasthenia gravis
- support group for people who have Swollen Tongue
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Could the combination of mestinon and robaxin in myasthenia gravis patients be fatal? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Myasthenia Gravis, and takes Robaxin, Mestinon)
My 43 yo daughter, Amy Baker, was diagnosed 8 months ago with Myasthenia Gravis. She was prescribed Mestinon and then Robaxin 750mg. She died in her sleep January 27, 2014. My email is email@example.com
- Is the a correlation with mycobacterium and myasthena gravis? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Myasthenia Gravis, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Imuran, Pyridostigmine Bromide)
I was exposed to a leper colony for about five months while in Vietnam. Many of the lepers died with open wounds and I actually wore some of their beads and trinkets around my neck. I slept on their beds and drank from their water source. Out of the clear blue almost 40 years later with no indicat ...
- Does polycystic liver disease cause back and hip pain?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Myasthenia Gravis, Polycistic Liver Disease, Hypothyroidism - Primary, and takes Mestinon, Amlodipine Besylate, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Norco)
I was diagnosed with a polycystic liver 20 years ago during a scan for a possible Thymus malignancy after diagnosis of Myasthenia Gravis. The finding of the cystic condition of my liver was incidental, and I was told this was a benign condition which was normally asymptomatic. I have developed abd ...
- Can you lose weight with myasthenia gravis
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Myasthenia Gravis, and takes Cellcept)
It seems when I was on the steroids in 2005 I weighed less. Now,2013 I am of the steroids seems like I cant loose this weight. I'm doing better and more active even join a gym.But no weight lost. I weighed 200lbs on the steroids,off I weighed 287.
More questions for: Myasthenia gravis, Swollen tongue
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prialt warning this drug is dangerous
(Posted by a 52 year old woman who has Mitochondrial Myopathy, Myasthenia Gravis, and takes Prialt)
THIS DRUG IS DANGEROUS, IT MADE MY NEUROPATHY WORSE. SEVERE HEADACHE, PAIN? HALLUCINATED , WAS HEARING SOUNDS IN MY HEAD. I WAS ON THIS DRUG FOR A FEW WEEKS AND HAVE HAD IT OFF FOR A WEEK NOW AND STILL HAVE SIDE EFFECTS. PLEASE THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU TRY THIS DRUG, I'M SCARED THE SIDE EFFECTS WONT G ...
More reviews for: Myasthenia gravis, Swollen tongue
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec Allergy, B Complex Vitamin, Magnesium, Lepidium Meyenii for a patient with Allergy, Fatigue, Anemia, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos). The patient has Fever, Infertility Female, Vision Blurred, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Mood Swings, Hot Flashes, Skin Flaking, Skin - Dry, Itching, Itching - Burning Eyes, Urination - Difficulty With Flow, Urination - Excessive Volume, Urination - Excessive At Night, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Chronic Depression, Confusional State, Eye Movements - Uncontrollable, Dizziness, Chills, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath, Swelling Of Fingers, Eye Redness, Allergic Cough, Throat Irritation, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Headache, Edema, Swelling Face, Swollen Tongue, Throat Tightness
Comments: I keep having an allergic reaction while ONLY in my apartment. I've had these symptoms with (worsening over time) since moving in. I would like to know if I have a possible mold allergy because my place is very old and has no ventilation.
My symptoms such as the swelling, edema, throat tightness, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Cipro for a patient with Facial Swelling (lower Right Side, Next To Chin For An Unknown Reason Thought To Be A Blocked Salivary Gland). The patient has Itching, Itching, Abdominal Pain, Abdominal Cramps, Swollen Face, Swollen Lips, Swollen Tongue, Swollen Eyelid, Hives, Anaphylactic Shock
Comments: I went to the emergency room because I noticed that the bottom of my face was swollen on the right side next to my chin. I was not in any pain, but thought it was strange and because I had never noticed anything like that before. The doctor was not sure what was wrong with me, said he thought it was ...
- A study of drug interactions between Mestinon, Robaxin-750 for a patient with Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has Death
Comments: My daughter was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis approx 8 months before her death. Her neurologist diagnosed her and prescribed Imuran and Mestinon. She was referred to Pain Mgmt where she was prescribed Robaxin. What would the results of taking these medications together?
- A study of side effects of Adderall 30 for a patient with ADD. The patient has Skin Sensitisation (sensitive skin), Swelling Of Fingers, Lymph Nodes - Swollen (swelling of gland), Swollen Tongue (swelling of tongue), Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations), Hands - Chapped And Dry (hand skin is dry and cracked)
Comments: I have taken generic Adderall for about 4 years. Until this month, the only side effects I experienced resulted from my own doing (i.e. sleep deprivation, taking more than prescribed). Now, after taking my prescribed dosage of 30mg IR in the morning and 20mg IR after lunch, my hands look purplish-bl ...
- A study of drug interactions between XELODA, ANDROGEL, Warfarin Sodium, Tamsulosin, LANTUS, METFORMIN, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril for a patient with Colon Cancer, Testosterone, Pulmonary Embolism, Biopsy Prostate, Diabetes, Chloesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Gums - Swollen, Gums - Swollen, Glands - Swollen, Gums - Swollen, Swollen Tongue
Comments: Swelling develops quickly and is usually accompanied by itching and occasional rash. Swelling begins to dissipate after 4-5 hours. It is totally random - two weeks without any swelling, then 3-4 days with itching and swelling at different sites.
More related studies for: Myasthenia gravis, Swollen tongue
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.