Myasthenia gravis and Malnutrition - from FDA reports
Malnutrition is found among people with Myasthenia gravis, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Carbidopa and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Malnutrition with Myasthenia gravis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6 people who have Myasthenia gravis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 16, 2017
6 people who have Myasthenia Gravis and Malnutrition are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Myasthenia Gravis and experience Malnutrition *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Myasthenia Gravis and experience Malnutrition *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Parkinson's Disease (3 people, 50.00%)
- Paraproteinaemia (3 people, 50.00%)
- Multiple Myeloma (3 people, 50.00%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Revlimid (3 people, 50.00%)
- Midodrine Hydrochloride (3 people, 50.00%)
- Decadron (3 people, 50.00%)
- Cellcept (3 people, 50.00%)
- Carbidopa (3 people, 50.00%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Pharyngeal Inflammation (3 people, 50.00%)
- Gastric Ulcer (3 people, 50.00%)
- Diarrhea (3 people, 50.00%)
- Dehydration (3 people, 50.00%)
- Appetite - Decreased (3 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Malnutrition and Myasthenia gravis?
- Check symptoms - is your malnutrition caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMalnutrition and Myasthenia gravis from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Myasthenia gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) can be treated by Mestinon, Prednisone, Pyridostigmine bromide, Cellcept, Imuran (latest reports from 4,493 Myasthenia gravis patients)
Malnutrition (condition that results from eating a diet in which certain nutrients are lacking) has been reported by people with crohn's disease, osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 7,790 Malnutrition patients).
Browse all symptoms of Myasthenia gravisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause MalnutritionMalnutrition
Other conditions that could case MalnutritionMalnutrition
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I have ocular MG. which only occurs occasionally about once a year which is effectively controlled by medication. I was diagnosed 8years ago. I am now 79 years old an have been experiencing accassional arrhythmia and I am wondering whether there could be a link . I take tablets for high blood ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Just been put into hospital for observation as patient w new Dx of MG. Had the most excruciating gut pain that dropped me to the floor, then continued in waves every 5 min or so, for 45-60 secs. Went to ER w BP of 78/50. After EKG, gut CT, & blood work, everything is FINE except pancreas ...
Hello I have had myasthenia gravis since I was hit by lightning in 1997 but I was not diagnosed the condition until 1999 shortly after I had a thymectomy done. I took mestinon for many years afterwards until the mestinon quit working. Ever sense the onset of myasthenia gravis I have had hot ...
I have been diagnosed with MG for 3 years. I go to the MD Monday for a pelvic exam because I am highly suspicious that I also have uterine prolapse. My MG is fairly controlled but I am worried about having surgery because I had a huge flare after my thymectomy. Anyone have any advice?