Myasthenia gravis and Swollen tongue - from FDA reports
Swollen tongue is reported only by a few people with Myasthenia gravis. We study 5 people who have Swollen tongue and Myasthenia gravis from FDA . Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
5 people who have Myasthenia Gravis and Swollen Tongue are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Myasthenia Gravis and experience Swollen Tongue *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Myasthenia Gravis and experience Swollen Tongue *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 20 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 60 %
- 60+: 20 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Weakness (2 people, 40.00%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 40.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 40.00%)
- Gastric Disorder (2 people, 40.00%)
- Adrenal Atrophy (2 people, 40.00%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Mestinon (3 people, 60.00%)
- Solu-Medrol (2 people, 40.00%)
- Lyrica (2 people, 40.00%)
- Altace (2 people, 40.00%)
- Actonel (2 people, 40.00%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (4 people, 80.00%)
- Swallowing Difficulty (3 people, 60.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 60.00%)
- Fall (2 people, 40.00%)
- Bone Pain (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Swollen tongue and Myasthenia gravis?
- Check symptoms - is your swollen tongue caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSwollen tongue and Myasthenia gravis from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Myasthenia gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) can be treated by Mestinon, Prednisone, Pyridostigmine bromide, Cellcept, Imuran (latest reports from 4,493 Myasthenia gravis patients)
Swollen tongue (swelling of tongue) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 18,921 Swollen tongue patients).
Browse all symptoms of Myasthenia gravisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Swollen tongueSwollen tongue
Other conditions that could case Swollen tongueSwollen tongue
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I have ocular MG. which only occurs occasionally about once a year which is effectively controlled by medication. I was diagnosed 8years ago. I am now 79 years old an have been experiencing accassional arrhythmia and I am wondering whether there could be a link . I take tablets for high blood ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Just been put into hospital for observation as patient w new Dx of MG. Had the most excruciating gut pain that dropped me to the floor, then continued in waves every 5 min or so, for 45-60 secs. Went to ER w BP of 78/50. After EKG, gut CT, & blood work, everything is FINE except pancreas ...
I was given a 5-day course of Prednisone for asthma. I took it for 3 days and broke out in hives, oral thrush and severe pain in my left ear. My tongue is swollen and so acutely painful that I can't eat or drink without nearly passing out from the pain in/on my tongue and in my left ear. I ...
Hello I have had myasthenia gravis since I was hit by lightning in 1997 but I was not diagnosed the condition until 1999 shortly after I had a thymectomy done. I took mestinon for many years afterwards until the mestinon quit working. Ever sense the onset of myasthenia gravis I have had hot ...