Home > Myelodysplastic syndrome > Enlarged spleen > Myelodysplastic syndrome and Enlarged spleen
Would you have Enlarged spleen (Splenomegaly) when you have Myelodysplastic syndrome?
Summary: Enlarged spleen is found among people with Myelodysplastic syndrome, especially people who are male, 60+ old, also have Iron overload, and take medication Exjade.
We study 103 people who have Enlarged spleen (Splenomegaly) and Myelodysplastic syndrome from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Myelodysplastic syndrome and Enlarged spleen >>>
Myelodysplastic syndrome (a group of conditions that occur when the blood-forming cells in the bone marrow are damaged) (latest reports from 18,215 patients)
Enlarged spleen (enlargement of spleen) (latest reports from 6,127 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, hiv infection, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, multiple sclerosis.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 103 people who have myelodysplastic syndrome and Enlarged Spleen are studied.
Gender of people who have myelodysplastic syndrome and experienced Enlarged spleen * :
|Enlarged spleen||36.36%||63.64% |
Age of people who have myelodysplastic syndrome and experienced Enlarged spleen * :
|Enlarged spleen||1.92%||0.00%||0.96%||0.00%||0.00%||0.96%||15.38%||80.77% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Iron overload (8 people, 7.77%)
- Pain (6 people, 5.83%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 4.85%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (5 people, 4.85%)
- Hyperuricaemia (3 people, 2.91%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 2.91%)
- Dyspepsia (3 people, 2.91%)
- Clostridial infection (3 people, 2.91%)
- Diarrhoea (3 people, 2.91%)
- Hypokalaemia (3 people, 2.91%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Exjade (41 people, 39.81%)
- Revlimid (28 people, 27.18%)
- Neupogen (21 people, 20.39%)
- Thalomid (16 people, 15.53%)
- Aranesp (15 people, 14.56%)
- Allopurinol (14 people, 13.59%)
- Aspirin (14 people, 13.59%)
- Lasix (13 people, 12.62%)
- Acyclovir (11 people, 10.68%)
- Hydrea (11 people, 10.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Myelodysplastic Syndrome and Enlarged Spleen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Enlarged Spleen and Myelodysplastic syndrome
- support group for people who have Myelodysplastic syndrome
- support group for people who have Enlarged Spleen
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can prolonged use of warfarin cause liver and spleen damage
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Enlarged Spleen, Cirrohosis Of The Liver, Fatiquie, Pain Under The Ribs, and takes Lorazepam, Allegra D 24 Hour, Tylenol)
I was on warfarin for ten years. they now found that I have cirrhosis of the liver my spleen is very enlarged can this all be caused by the prolonged use of the warfarin. Doctors giving me the run around but under my ribs is killing me and they just say take pain meds and go away
- What is the prognosis for myelodysplasia?
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Myelodysplastic Syndrome)
I've just learned i may have myelodysplasia and i'd like to know more about the possible outcomes.
- I have been diagnosed with cll and now have very enlarged tonsils. my dr wants to put me on ofatumumab (arzerra) before having tonsils removed. have others had this treatment. and what is outcome?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Enlarged Tonsils, Lymph Nodes - Swollen, Spleen Enlargement)
I have been diagnosed with CLL - an intermediate form - meaning not too severe but not so mild either. After a rash (unknown cause) treated with prednisone, followed by a sore throat, my tonsils remained enlarged to the point where I have had some difficulty swallowing. A biopsy showed that the ...
- Does clonazepam 0.5 daily cause low white blood count?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Low Platelets, Enlarged Spleen, High Bp, Multi Nodular Goiter, Herpes, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, and takes Clonazepam, Losartan Potassium)
do these drugs cause high blood pressure or low wbc, low platelets, enlarged spleen, skipped heartbeats, lightheadedness, unexplained bruises?
- Causes of enlarged spleen?
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat, SVT, IBS, Peptic Ulcer, Morbid Obesity, Bipolar 2, Splenomegaly, and takes Klonopin, Celexa, Multivitamin, Lamictal, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Allegra, Carafate)
22 yo pt. History positive for diverticulosus with one bout of diverticulitis, svt and slight arrhythmia, IBS, peptic ulcers, bipolar disorder type 2, and morbid obesity.
Pt. Had a scan done at the end of May to r/o diverticulitis. Scan revealed splenomegaly.
Pt. Complains of fat ...
More questions for: Myelodysplastic syndrome, Enlarged spleen
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Why was this drug not tested for people with anemia problems?
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Myelodysplastic Syndrome, Cardiac Disorder, and takes Brilinta)
My husband has had myelodysplastic syndrome diagnosed in 2004. In 2010, his HGB went down to 10.2. RBC 3.00. He was right next to treatment when the HGB went to 10. For some unknown reason, his blood counts improved. By June 2013, his HGB was 11.9, RBC 33.9 8/3/13 he was found to have a 75% bl ...
More reviews for: Myelodysplastic syndrome, Enlarged spleen
- A study of drug interactions between Vidaza, Jakafi for a patient with Myelofibrosis. The patient has Shock, Side Pain, Device Inversion, Bone And Joint Pain, Enlarged Spleen, Blood Count
Comments: Upon reduction of jakafi dose due to low platelet count from 20 mg to 5 mg every 12 hours patient experienced extreme pain experienced low blood pressure and rapid heartbeat and with admission to emergency was treated for shock and then diagnosed with toxic shock syndrome and treated for that. The b ...
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Blood Disorder. The patient has Fatty Liver, Enlarged Spleen (enlargement of spleen)
Comments: Ive been taking warfarin for 7 years now.I have to be on it for my lifetime because Im at high risk for blood clots, pe, heartattack and stroke without taking warfarin.I also have to take it due to previous blood clots and previous PE.Also, because I have mthfr gene mutation, factor V Leiden and pro ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with COPD. The patient has Spleen Enlargement (enlargement of spleen)
Comments: I have 10years COPD found after pregnancy suspected sarcoidosis, but never confirmed with bronchoscopia, ACE level normal, during last year my spleen enlaged on 13cm, MPV is also increased on 11,my dorther had worms (the most comon kind what children have) before 10 monaths
More related studies for: Myelodysplastic syndrome, Enlarged spleen
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Bloating And Menstruation
- Oxybutynin Chloride
- Lack Of Menses
- Msm and Fever
- Effexor and Passionflower
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured. ... (3 hours ago)
- Is it safe to mastrubate while recovering from gbs gullian barre syndrome (gbs)
im currently on my recovery path its been 4 months and yet ... (4 hours ago)
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
Answer: Mouth ulcers whenever I lower my abilify dosage. Went to d ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 hours ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (15 hours ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (23 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lamictal Xr for a 14-year old girl who has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (1 minute ago)
- Oxybutynin Chloride for a 46-year old woman who has Lack Of Menses (6 minutes ago)
- Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a 52-year old woman who has Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain (46 minutes ago)