Myelodysplastic syndrome and Enlarged spleen - from FDA reports
Enlarged spleen is found among people with Myelodysplastic syndrome, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Exjade and have Iron overload. This review analyzes which people have Enlarged spleen with Myelodysplastic syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 132 people who have Myelodysplastic syndrome from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
132 people who have Myelodysplastic Syndrome and Enlarged Spleen are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Myelodysplastic Syndrome and experience Enlarged Spleen *:
- female: 34.11 %
- male: 65.89 %
Age of people who have Myelodysplastic Syndrome and experience Enlarged Spleen *:
- 0-1: 0.92 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.92 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.92 %
- 50-59: 14.68 %
- 60+: 82.57 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Primary Myelofibrosis (10 people, 7.58%)
- Iron Overload (10 people, 7.58%)
- High Blood Pressure (8 people, 6.06%)
- Pain (6 people, 4.55%)
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (5 people, 3.79%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Exjade (46 people, 34.85%)
- Revlimid (34 people, 25.76%)
- Neupogen (15 people, 11.36%)
- Lasix (13 people, 9.85%)
- Allopurinol (12 people, 9.09%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Thrombocytopenia (28 people, 21.21%)
- Diarrhea (27 people, 20.45%)
- Nausea (25 people, 18.94%)
- Malaise (18 people, 13.64%)
- Haemoglobin Decreased (18 people, 13.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Enlarged spleen and Myelodysplastic syndrome?
- Check symptoms - is your enlarged spleen caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEnlarged spleen and Myelodysplastic syndrome from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Myelodysplastic syndrome (a group of conditions that occur when the blood-forming cells in the bone marrow are damaged) can be treated by Vidaza (latest reports from 32,921 Myelodysplastic syndrome patients)
Enlarged spleen has been reported by people with primary myelofibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic myeloid leukaemia, hiv infection, high blood pressure (latest reports from 9,022 Enlarged spleen patients).
Browse all symptoms of Myelodysplastic syndromea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Enlarged spleenEnlarged spleen
Other conditions that could case Enlarged spleenEnlarged spleen
What would happen?
You may be interested in these reviews
If you are looking for medical answers on this website than you have the wrong doctors. I was diagnosed with MDS 2 years ago. I have fantastic doctors (Kaiser and City of Hope). I want to tell EVERYONE with MDS: don't mess around with doctors who do not understand this disease. You need a ...
Aloha, my name is Rosie. I am 62 years old and was recently diagnosis with MDS. Before I was diagnosed with MDS in Dec. 2016, I was experiencing break outs on my checks in Sept. Then I experienced flu like symptoms in October. It progressively got worst Nov. and Dec. I could not stand the ...
After taking Gabapentin, I have enlarged spleen and enlarged gall bladder. I titrated down & have been totally off Gabapentin for 1 1/2 months. Spleen is more in pain from being enlarged. Constant burning & itching everywhere on body. Epson salts baths do not help. Have these systems gone away ...