Would you have Bladder incontinence (Urinary incontinence) when you have Narcolepsy?
Summary: Bladder incontinence is found among people with Narcolepsy, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Depression - chronic, and take medication Xyrem.
We study 17 people who have Bladder incontinence (Urinary incontinence) and Narcolepsy from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Narcolepsy and Bladder incontinence >>>
Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally) can be treated by Provigil, Nuvigil, Xyrem, Modafinil, Ritalin, Dexedrine. (latest reports from Narcolepsy 4,394 patients)
Bladder incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.(latest reports from Bladder incontinence 18,470 patients)
On Dec, 22, 2014: 17 people who have narcolepsy and Bladder Incontinence are studied.
Gender of people who have narcolepsy and experienced Bladder incontinence * :
|Bladder incontinence||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have narcolepsy and experienced Bladder incontinence * :
|Bladder incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||25.00%||55.00%||10.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bladder incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression - chronic (1 people, 5.88%)
- Depression - major (1 people, 5.88%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 5.88%)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (1 people, 5.88%)
- Chronic insomnia (1 people, 5.88%)
- Chronic pain (1 people, 5.88%)
- Migraine (1 people, 5.88%)
- Ibs (1 people, 5.88%)
- Asthma (1 people, 5.88%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 5.88%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Xyrem (17 people, 100.00%)
- Testosterone (4 people, 23.53%)
- Estradiol (3 people, 17.65%)
- Montelukast sodium (3 people, 17.65%)
- Prozac (2 people, 11.76%)
- Iodine (2 people, 11.76%)
- Lipitor (2 people, 11.76%)
- Modafinil (2 people, 11.76%)
- Albuterol sulfate (2 people, 11.76%)
- Lithium carbonate (2 people, 11.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Narcolepsy and Bladder Incontinence?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Bladder Incontinence and Narcolepsy
- support group for people who have Narcolepsy
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a connection between narcolepsy and neurofibromatosis
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Rhuematoid Arthritis, Kypher Lumbar Scoliosis, Borderline Personality Disorder, Narcolepsy, Neurofibromatosis-1, and takes Promethazine Hydrochloride And Destromethorphan Hydrobromide, Ditropan, Gabapentin, Hiprex, Oxazepam, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Modafinil)
Hi ,My name is Pauline Newman I live in Adelaide,South Australia,I have NF1 & NF2,I am 5th generation carrier of the NF Gene,I have literally thousands of lumps,bumps & café au-lait marks all over my body.My question is are NF1 & 2,cause Narcolepsy or EDS, I have also recently had an MRI & ultra so ...
- How far apart can xyrem and flexeril be taken?
(Asked by a 13 year old boy who has Narcolepsy, and takes Xyrem)
How far apart can Xyrem and flexeril be taken? 1st time trying flexeril for a back ache.
- Can narcolepsy cause eye spasms?
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Narcolepsy, Saccadic Eye Movement Disorder, and takes Modafinil, Xyrem)
I was diagnosed with saccadic eye movement disorder 7 years ago and they could never figure out how to help me... October of 2012 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy... My eye spasms started getting much worse 2 years ago and continue to get worse. I would like to figure out if I actually have an eye di ...
- Should spirnolactone be taken with metolazone and lasix
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, Incontinence - Urinary, and takes LASIX, Metolazone)
I PRESENTLY TAKE METOLAZONE ALONG WITH Lasix. MY POTASSIUM HAS DROPPED AND I AM TRYING TO INCREASE POTASSIUM. SHOULD I TAKE SPIRONOLACT TOINCREASE MY POTASSIUM ? IF SO, WHEN SHOULD I TAKE IT ?
- I have been taking tramadol and sertraline for 3 years. now my new arthritis doctor tells me i have to change because of serious side effects which i have never exhibited.
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Depression, Hypothyroidism, Incontinence - Urinary, Acid Reflux, Adrenal Cortical Insufficiency, High Blood Pressure, Craniopharyngioma, Blood Sodium Increased, and takes Tramadol And Acetaminophen, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Protonix, Lisinopril, Synthroid, Oxybutynin Chloride, Desmopressin Acetate, Cabergoline, Hydrocortisone)
The pharmacist told my new arthritis doctor that Sertraline (antidepressant) and Tramadol (painkiller) has serious side effects including seizures, etc. She wants to substitute the tramadol with oxycontin, a habit-forming drug.
I have been taking these drugs (tramadol and Sertraline) together for ...
More questions for: Narcolepsy, Bladder incontinence
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Narcolepsy-cataplexy and epilepsy after taking tamiflu
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, and takes Tamiflu)
Sorry for my unperfect English : ) I'm french.
I suddenly declared an "atypic" Narcolepsy-cataplexy after taking two pills of TAMIFLU in 2007. My husband was ill, and our family doctor recommanded me and my baby to take the same medecine otherwise we should also catch the "bad" flu.
I took two pil ...
- Idiopathic insomnolence
(Posted by a 44 year old man who has Insomnolence, Narcolepsy, Iga Nephropathy, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Modafinil)
In 1997 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy with an intolerance to Dexamp(hetamine) tablets.
After 3 years of nose operations, and sleep tests to remove other potential issues (lung problems or apnoea) I have finally been re-diagnosed (2013) with idiopathic insomnolence.
Modaphinil caused a rea ...
- Libido increase with xyrem
(Posted by a 48 year old woman who has Thyroid Operation, Cataplexy, Narcolepsy, Migraine Prophylaxis, and takes Synthroid, Inderal La, Cymbalta, Xyrem, Nuvigil)
Although it appears by my med list that I am a train wreck, its quite the contrary. Now that my migraine headaches have been controlled by Inderal & Cymbalta and my thyroid is under control, the only thing left to do was to fall asleep at the oddest times, which progressed to not being able to stand ...
More reviews for: Narcolepsy, Bladder incontinence
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with Narcolepsy. The patient has Can't Move Fingers, Hands , Arms Intermittently
Comments: this has been going on for a year and a half where both of my hands and arms are completely useless for at least an hour a day. the past two weeks it has spread to my toes, feet, and legs, and now lasting 3 hours a day.
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression. The patient has Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination)
Comments: I am on 400mg lamictal and 100mg Zoloft. And 50mg trazadone for sleep. The last 3 months I have urinary incontenance. And sudden urges ti pee. Uaually can't make it ro the bathroom. I am a healthy 29 year ols. Also, I used baby wipes several times to wipe after uaingthe bathroom. The wipes were reca ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Adderall 20, Progesterone, Topamax for a patient with Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Narcolepsy, Birth Control, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Seborrhoeic Dermatitis
Comments: Had many episodes. This one is going on and on with many treatments including shampoos steroids injections and steroid lotions and steroid shampoos and it is still horrible. These episodes seems to keep happening more and more and taking over my life. I also have fibromyalgia.
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Claritin-d, Krill Oil, Vitamin D, SAM-e, Dexilant, Buspirone Hcl, Buspar, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Yeast Infections, Allergies, Bipolar 2, Vitamin D, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Comments: It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Vyvanse, Metformin, Zyrtec, Omeprazole, Cymbalta for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Add, Insulin Resistance, Acid Reflux, Mood Disorder. The patient has Urinary Incontinence, Fatigue, Seborrhoeic Dermatitis
Comments: 10 yrs ago, suddenly had allergic reaction to shampoo and deodorant that I had used for years. Changed deodorants. Still have issues with scalp flare ups while using any brand shampoo. Only thing that helps is Head and Shoulders medicated shampoo in dark blue bottle.
More related studies for: Narcolepsy, Bladder incontinence
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.