Home > Osteoarthritis > Trigger finger > Osteoarthritis and Trigger finger
Would you have Trigger finger when you have Osteoarthritis?
Summary: Trigger finger is found among people with Osteoarthritis, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Osteoporosis, and take medication Vioxx.
We study 24 people who have Trigger finger and Osteoarthritis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Osteoarthritis and Trigger finger >>>
Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint) (latest reports from 34,076 patients) can be treated by Celebrex, Meloxicam, Mobic, Naproxen, Ibuprofen, Arthrotec.
Trigger finger (latest reports from 1,335 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, breast cancer, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 14,223 people who have osteoarthritis are studied. Among them, 24 (0.17%) have Trigger Finger.
Gender of people who have osteoarthritis and experienced Trigger finger * :
|Trigger finger||57.14%||42.86% |
Age of people who have osteoarthritis and experienced Trigger finger * :
|Trigger finger||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.70%||51.85%||48.15% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Trigger finger||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (9 people, 37.50%)
- Folliculitis (8 people, 33.33%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 33.33%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 8.33%)
- Thyroid disorder (2 people, 8.33%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 8.33%)
- Somnolence (1 people, 4.17%)
- Incontinence (1 people, 4.17%)
- Neuralgia (1 people, 4.17%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 4.17%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Vioxx (17 people, 70.83%)
- Ambien (10 people, 41.67%)
- Prevacid (10 people, 41.67%)
- Fosamax (9 people, 37.50%)
- Zocor (8 people, 33.33%)
- Effexor (8 people, 33.33%)
- Monopril (8 people, 33.33%)
- Zantac (8 people, 33.33%)
- Levaquin (8 people, 33.33%)
- Naprosyn (8 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Osteoarthritis and Trigger Finger?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Trigger Finger and Osteoarthritis
- support group for people who have Osteoarthritis
- support group for people who have Trigger Finger
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- What is causing my trigger fingers and thumbs
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Trigger Finger, and takes Vitamin D)
Trigger fingers and thumbs started in March 2014 and progressing. Worse on rest and a bit better when in use but very painful. Cholesterol is 5.6, weight is 47 kilos. In menopause for 4 years.
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- Can you take ibuprofen for arthritis condition, i have multiple myeloma, i have had stem cell treatment and was clear for 5 years , paraproteins were raised but another stem cell treatment not viable
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Pain - Back, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, and takes Ibuprofen, Dhc Plus, Paracetamol)
My consultant has told me Im not to use Ibuprofen as it may alter my blood results. I suffer with pain in my wrists, thighs, lower back. I just dont know who to turn to with this as the pain is 24hrs a day and I dont know what advice is the best!
More questions for: Osteoarthritis, Trigger finger
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Sepsis hallucinations misdiagnosed
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has I, Osteoarthritis, Chronic Pain, Scar-tissue Adhesions, Bowel Blockage, Sepsis, Sepsis Hallucinations, and takes Clonazepam, Dilaudid)
I was admitted to the hospital at 10 p.m., with a total bowel blockage caused by scar-tissue adhesions. I had first gone to the ER at 3 a.m. that morning, but the ER doc misdiagnosed my condition as constipation. I was in extreme pain and also too weak to tell my husband when he first came home t ...
- Non effective for pain effective for positive nausea
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, and takes Meloxicam)
Have been taking this product for a little over a month and the nausea is getting worse but the pain is not. This seems to be causing more problems. This side effect occurs with or without food, and with or without a full glass of water.
- Marijuana effect on oa pain
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Severe Ostioarthritis Pain, OA, and takes Marijuana)
I have severe OA ( hips, knees replaced) cervical and lumbar spine require fusing both shoulders need replacing.This is Ortho doc talking not me. I get no relief from non-steroidal anti inflammatory or only short relief from steroid injections. oxicodine does work when pain is intollerable but Fear ...
- Plaquinil use shortness of breath
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, and takes Plaquenil)
Approximately 4 months after starting Plaquenil, I observed I was experiencing SOB while lifting the patient I was caring for, also had severe muscle weakness. I had been out of the country for several weeks and thought I might have picked up something while in The Dominican. I was also losing wei ...
More reviews for: Osteoarthritis, Trigger finger
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a patient with Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Prozac, Nexium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hiatal Hernia, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Stomach Discomfort, Fatigue, Fever, Diarrhea
Comments: Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
- A study of side effects of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Osteoarthritis. The patient has Muscle Twitching
Comments: I also take hydrocodone for a diagnosis of coxa valga which is a deformity in hips. I was diagnosed with both in 2008. But just recently the muscle twitches started. I only take like 2 pills per day so I know I don't abuse them.
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Mobic, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride, Diovan Hct, Xanax, Lexapro, Vicodin, Zanaflex, Chantix for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Pain, Iga Deficiency, Hypertension, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Stop Smoking. The patient has Ance Like Lesions On Face, Chest, Shoulders, Arms, And Legs
Comments: I am trying to figure out if this "acne" I have all over my face & body is actually acne or something else. It started about a month after I began taking Chantix and I was wondering if that drug could be responsible. At the beginning, I had a sty on the inside lower lid,of my eye, and within 3-4 day ...
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Cortisone Acetate for a patient with Osteoarthritis, Sinusitis. The patient has Cough
Comments: Cortisone shot and cough syrup with hydrocodone two weeks before cardiac arrest while exercising. No known hesrt problems and recently passed nuclesr stress test and low calcium score in h heart. Blood pressure 115 over 75
More related studies for: Osteoarthritis, Trigger finger
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.