Review: could Osteoporosis cause Osteomalacia?
We study 88,321 people who have Osteoporosis from FDA and social media. Among them, 171 have Osteomalacia. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Osteoporosis and Osteomalacia >>>
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) (latest reports from 216,674 patients) can be treated by Fosamax, Alendronate Sodium, Actonel, Vitamin D, Calcium, Forteo.
Osteomalacia (softening of the bones due to a lack of vitamin d) (latest reports from 4,760 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, hiv infection, hepatitis b, osteopenia, epilepsy.
On Aug, 29, 2014: 88,312 people who have osteoporosis are studied. Among them, 171 (0.19%) have Osteomalacia. They amount to 3.60% of all the 4,744 people who have Osteomalacia on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have osteoporosis and experienced Osteomalacia * :
Age of people who have osteoporosis and experienced Osteomalacia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteopenia (75 people, 43.86%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (28 people, 16.37%)
- Prophylaxis (25 people, 14.62%)
- Bone disorder (21 people, 12.28%)
- Hypertension (17 people, 9.94%)
- Hepatic cirrhosis (16 people, 9.36%)
- Constipation (12 people, 7.02%)
- Gastritis (12 people, 7.02%)
- Thyroid disorder (11 people, 6.43%)
- Hypersensitivity (11 people, 6.43%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Fosamax (171 people, 100.00%)
- Alendronate sodium (65 people, 38.01%)
- Fosamax plus d (60 people, 35.09%)
- Forteo (49 people, 28.65%)
- Boniva (43 people, 25.15%)
- Actonel (32 people, 18.71%)
- Calcium carbonate (29 people, 16.96%)
- Plaquenil (22 people, 12.87%)
- Ultram (21 people, 12.28%)
- Zantac (20 people, 11.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Osteomalacia and Osteoporosis
- group for people who have Osteoporosis
- group for people who have Osteomalacia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
Symptoms of tendonitis appeared in joints almost at same time about one year after second infusion.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
i am on a clinical trial, randomized, either zometa or xgeva. I believe that i receive xgeva, because prior to the start of the study, i had an infusion of zometa and had strong flu-like symptoms for 3 days. After starting the study, I have had no side effects for 8 months. after the last treatment, however, I experienced chills, low fever, extreme fatigue for 2 days. I wonder if i received zometa in error, or if chills etc. are symptoms for xgeva too.
From this study (2 months ago):
Very slight traces of blood noticed after urination, on tissue. Noticed this twice during past 3 urinations, the first at 9:30pm last evening. My monthly periods ceased 11 years ago.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Fosamax causes numerous problems
I took Fosamax for 7 years. In the last two years my bone decreased, where as it had been 28% loss in the spine it went to 31% loss. For the first 5 years it did stop any bone loss but later seemed to stop working. I was very lucky with this drug as others have numerous problems. one lady I know wa ...
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was aro ...
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
More reviews for: Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia
Common treatments for Osteoporosis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Osteoporosis symptoms:
- Fall in Osteoporosis (13,833 reports)
- Femur Fracture in Osteoporosis (10,412 reports)
- Bone And Joint Pain in Osteoporosis (8,827 reports)
- Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief in Osteoporosis (8,014 reports)
- Pain In Extremity in Osteoporosis (7,852 reports)
- Nausea in Osteoporosis (7,506 reports)
- Dizziness in Osteoporosis (7,330 reports)
- Back Pain - Nonspecific in Osteoporosis (7,170 reports)
- Muscle Weakness in Osteoporosis (6,989 reports)
- Hypertension in Osteoporosis (6,915 reports)
Osteomalacia related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.