Home > Osteoporosis > Osteomalacia > Osteoporosis and Osteomalacia
Review: could Osteoporosis cause Osteomalacia?
We study 88,333 people who have Osteoporosis from FDA and social media. Among them, 171 have Osteomalacia. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Osteoporosis and Osteomalacia >>>
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) (latest reports from 216,655 patients) can be treated by Fosamax, Alendronate Sodium, Actonel, Calcium, Vitamin D, Forteo.
Osteomalacia (softening of the bones due to a lack of vitamin d) (latest reports from 4,783 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, hiv infection, hepatitis b, osteopenia, epilepsy.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 88,333 people who have osteoporosis are studied. Among them, 171 (0.19%) have Osteomalacia.
Gender of people who have osteoporosis and experienced Osteomalacia * :
Age of people who have osteoporosis and experienced Osteomalacia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteopenia (75 people, 43.86%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (28 people, 16.37%)
- Prophylaxis (25 people, 14.62%)
- Bone disorder (21 people, 12.28%)
- Hypertension (17 people, 9.94%)
- Hepatic cirrhosis (16 people, 9.36%)
- Constipation (12 people, 7.02%)
- Gastritis (12 people, 7.02%)
- Thyroid disorder (11 people, 6.43%)
- Hypersensitivity (11 people, 6.43%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Fosamax (171 people, 100.00%)
- Alendronate sodium (65 people, 38.01%)
- Fosamax plus d (60 people, 35.09%)
- Forteo (49 people, 28.65%)
- Boniva (43 people, 25.15%)
- Actonel (32 people, 18.71%)
- Calcium carbonate (29 people, 16.96%)
- Plaquenil (22 people, 12.87%)
- Ultram (21 people, 12.28%)
- Zantac (20 people, 11.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Osteoporosis and Osteomalacia?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Osteomalacia and Osteoporosis
- support group for people who have Osteoporosis
- support group for people who have Osteomalacia
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Fosamax causes numerous problems
I took Fosamax for 7 years. In the last two years my bone decreased, where as it had been 28% loss in the spine it went to 31% loss. For the first 5 years it did stop any bone loss but later seemed to stop working. I was very lucky with this drug as others have numerous problems. one lady I know wa ...
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was aro ...
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
More reviews for: Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia
Common treatments for Osteoporosis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Osteoporosis symptoms:
- Fall in Osteoporosis (13,833 reports)
- Femur Fracture in Osteoporosis (10,412 reports)
- Stiffness In A Joint in Osteoporosis (8,827 reports)
- Hypnosis And Pain in Osteoporosis (7,888 reports)
- Pain In Extremity in Osteoporosis (7,852 reports)
- Nausea in Osteoporosis (7,506 reports)
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy in Osteoporosis (7,330 reports)
- Back Pain in Osteoporosis (7,170 reports)
- Asthenia in Osteoporosis (6,975 reports)
- Blood Pressure in Osteoporosis (6,916 reports)
Osteomalacia related symptom studies:
Related drug studies for: Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia
Recent Osteoporosis related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (27 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D for a 26-year old woman who has Vitamin D Deficiency (30 minutes ago)
- Alprazolam for a 45-year old woman who has Initial Insomnia (45 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atorvastatin Calcium
- Vitamin B12
- Bone And Joint Pain
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (3 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (3 hours ago)
- Fluoride Increased
- Pineal Gland Cyst
- Burning Sensation
- Ureteral Necrosis