Would you have Sudden hearing loss when you have Osteoporosis?
Summary: Sudden hearing loss is found among people with Osteoporosis, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Fosamax.
We study 32 people who have Sudden hearing loss and Osteoporosis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Osteoporosis and Sudden hearing loss >>>
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) can be treated by Fosamax, Alendronate Sodium, Vitamin D, Actonel, Calcium, Forteo. (latest reports from Osteoporosis 112,545 patients)
Sudden hearing loss
Sudden Hearing Loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, depression.(latest reports from Sudden Hearing Loss 1,038 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 32 people who have osteoporosis and Sudden Hearing Loss are studied.
Gender of people who have osteoporosis and experienced Sudden hearing loss * :
|Sudden hearing loss||97.06%||2.94% |
Age of people who have osteoporosis and experienced Sudden hearing loss * :
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||3.33%||6.67%||73.33% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (12 people, 37.50%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (12 people, 37.50%)
- Gastritis (5 people, 15.62%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (5 people, 15.62%)
- Enterocolitis (5 people, 15.62%)
- Pustular psoriasis (5 people, 15.62%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 12.50%)
- Pain (3 people, 9.38%)
- Nausea (2 people, 6.25%)
- Constipation (2 people, 6.25%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Fosamax (13 people, 40.62%)
- Humira (9 people, 28.12%)
- Alendronate sodium (7 people, 21.88%)
- Forteo (6 people, 18.75%)
- Ketoprofen (5 people, 15.62%)
- Methotrexate sodium (5 people, 15.62%)
- Isoniazid (5 people, 15.62%)
- Actonel (4 people, 12.50%)
- Norvasc (3 people, 9.38%)
- Prempro (3 people, 9.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Osteoporosis and Sudden Hearing Loss?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Sudden Hearing Loss and Osteoporosis
- support group for people who have Osteoporosis
- support group for people who have Sudden Hearing Loss
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take ibuprofen with acronel
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, and takes Actonel)
I have pain in my pain and tail bone. pain in the tail bone related to a fall,
pain in my spine related to osteoporosis.
- Effective treatment for adult scoliosis
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Scoliosis, Arthritus, Osteoporosis, Bursitis, and takes Robaxin, Boniva, Mobic)
Even with these medications I have muscle spasms in my back, neck, shoulders and leg pain that makes it hard to walk. I don't understand because 2 years ago I was healthy, string, active.
- I have bipolar disorder and adhd and take nuvigil for the adhd and on occasion take lunesta for sleep. anybody else take this combination and what side effects or effects in general have you noticed? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Renal Failure, Stage 3, Primary Hypothyroidism, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Osteoporosis, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, and takes Cymbalta, Lexapro, Lamictal, Latuda, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lunesta, Nuvigil, Maxide, Multivitamin)
I'm anxious about any untoward drug interactions. I can't take stimulants because of a history of abuse. I take Nuvgil for my ADHD and it's the first time I can concentraate in years! I can't believe how much easier it is to organize, get things done, and read. Plus it helps the chronic fatigue I ...
- Is there a link between forteo and macular holes?
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Glaucoma, Macular Hole, and takes Forteo)
My 82 year old mother has osteoporosis and was taking Forteo for several years (stopped taking aprox. 2 1/2 years ago) She also has Glaucoma. She recently developed a macular hole and just had surgery to correct it. Is there any link between Forteo and macular holes or other vision problems? We a ...
- If your daughter had 3.6mm fibroadenoma would you have it removed?
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Intractable Seizure Disorder, Mental Retardation, Cerebral Palsy, Osteoporosis, Fibroadenoma, and takes Depakote, Carbatrol, Klonopin, Acetazolamide, Calcium)
My daughter is 27 yrs. old on a 2 yr old level. She is on Depo Provera inj. to "stop" that time of month due to the seizures that are promoted from the hormone changes. When she was 16 yrs. old she had a 5 lumps in her breast and we thought that the injection was a problem. We took a "holiday" from ...
More questions for: Osteoporosis, Sudden hearing loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Fosamax causes numerous problems (1 response)
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, and takes Fosamax)
I took Fosamax for 7 years. In the last two years my bone decreased, where as it had been 28% loss in the spine it went to 31% loss. For the first 5 years it did stop any bone loss but later seemed to stop working. I was very lucky with this drug as others have numerous problems. one lady I know wa ...
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, and takes Paxil)
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was aro ...
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Thyroid Nodules, Neck Pain, Anterior Knee Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, and takes Alendronate Sodium)
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
More reviews for: Osteoporosis, Sudden hearing loss
- A study of drug interactions between Alendronic Acid, Prednisolone for a patient with Osteoporosis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica. The patient has Upper Body Rash And Itching, Pain - Shoulder
Comments: Diagnosed with PMR 5 months ago and treated with 25mg per day of Prednisolone. Reduced dose to 22.5mg then to 21mg over a 2 month period. Noticed a rash on upper torso with severe itching which is thought to be an allergy since reducing the Preds. Doctor now wants me to reduce preds by 10mg in the n ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Zestril for a patient with Osteoporosis, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Blood Spots
Comments: I have been on zestril for 9 months, I now have bruising and little blood spots on my thighs, on my chest near my left arm and one little one on the lower part of my stomach. I am not hungry, have acid reflux in the last 3 months, dry cough and sometimes a headache.
- A study of drug interactions between Xgeva, Revlimid, Acyclovir, Crestor for a patient with Osteoporosis, Myeloma - Multiple, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Chills
Comments: i am on a clinical trial, randomized, either zometa or xgeva. I believe that i receive xgeva, because prior to the start of the study, i had an infusion of zometa and had strong flu-like symptoms for 3 days. After starting the study, I have had no side effects for 8 months. after the last treatme ...
- A study of side effects of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety. The patient has Balance Disorder, Sudden Hearing Loss
Comments: I take 75 mg/day. Lost hearing in my left ear in an 8 hour period on 3/17/14. I have complete hearing loss with tinnitus. I also have a balance disorder and have been going to physical therapy for vestibular rehabilitation therapy. As of today (6/20/14) there has been no improvement even after r ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Flonase, Progesterone, Premarin, Atelvia for a patient with Osteoporosis, Allergies, Menopausal Symptoms, Osteoporosis Post-menopausal. The patient has Muscle Spasms
Comments: trying to determine if muscle spasms related to atelvia. had parathyroidectomy in November 2013 to correct hypercalcemia and hyperparathyroidism. levels after surgery returned to normal then atelvia started.
More related studies for: Osteoporosis, Sudden hearing loss
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.