Pain and Stroke - from FDA reports
Stroke is found among people with Pain, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Vioxx and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Stroke with Pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,204 people who have Pain from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
4,204 people who have Pain and Stroke are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Pain and experience Stroke *:
- female: 57.86 %
- male: 42.14 %
Age of people who have Pain and experience Stroke *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.13 %
- 10-19: 0.57 %
- 20-29: 2.63 %
- 30-39: 4.97 %
- 40-49: 15.07 %
- 50-59: 26.93 %
- 60+: 49.7 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (536 people, 12.75%)
- Depression (329 people, 7.83%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (325 people, 7.73%)
- Stress And Anxiety (258 people, 6.14%)
- Arthritis (254 people, 6.04%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Vioxx (1,526 people, 36.30%)
- Celebrex (795 people, 18.91%)
- Bextra (441 people, 10.49%)
- Tylenol (299 people, 7.11%)
- Neurontin (254 people, 6.04%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Heart Attack (787 people, 18.72%)
- High Blood Pressure (545 people, 12.96%)
- Depression (428 people, 10.18%)
- Stress And Anxiety (427 people, 10.16%)
- Chest Pain (383 people, 9.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Stroke and Pain?
- Check symptoms - is your stroke caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeStroke and Pain from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Pain can be treated by Percocet, Tramadol hydrochloride, Vicodin, Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, Ibuprofen (latest reports from 494,241 Pain patients)
Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) has been reported by people with diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 192,622 Stroke patients).
Browse all symptoms of Paina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause StrokeStroke
Other conditions that could case StrokeStroke
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Hi, I have been having severe cramps for a couple weeks now. About a month ago I started having diarrhea, tmi I know, and then a couple weeks later I was constipated. I have been having irregular bleeding with clots and also discharge with a bit of odor. I have severe pressure when I have both ...
Had blood clots in lower right leg at Thanksgiving (2015) Clots are now gone but I do have edema and stasis dermatitis. The bad places are scabbing over the but skin beneath is pink and hard. Lots of shooting pains. Help!!
You may be interested in these reviews
I was on Eliquis for 6 months. I got a bladder infection after I completed my medication. I bled and so much pain. I was on Cipro and Bactrim. It helped but after 14 days came back. Went to Urologist. He has ordered a Cystoscopy. I am 66.
Hi, my 81 year old dad had a TIA this weekend, he is on Lanzapropole once daily as he really does suffer with bad abdominal pains and weight loss, can I just ask please can this drug actually contribute to TIA's ? Thank you xx
Hi my husband had a stroke 5 years ago caused by blocked neck arteries and is right side paralysed, he now has tenesmus which is horrendous,just wondering if anyone else has this condition and what treatment they have been given.
Hi, my name is Cam. I'm from Australia. I started taking Lipidil (145mg) at age 35 for high cholesterol. I'm 52 now (2017) and still taken this drug. I developed a symptom 2 years ago which my Dr has dismissed as muscular related on my right hand side under my rib cage. I'm obviously not a Dr ...