Review: could Parkinson's disease cause Atrial fibrillation?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation could be caused by Parkinson's disease, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take Stalevo 100.
We study 15,906 people who have Parkinson's disease from FDA and social media. Among them, 130 have Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
On Apr, 10, 2014: 15,906 people who have parkinson's disease are studied. Among them, 130 (0.82%) have Atrial Fibrillation. They amount to 0.03% of all the 382,785 people who have Atrial Fibrillation on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have parkinson's disease and experienced Atrial fibrillation * :
|Atrial fibrillation||36.65%||63.35% |
Age of people who have parkinson's disease and experienced Atrial fibrillation * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.59%||8.88%||91.12% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (14 people, 10.77%)
- Hypothyroidism (6 people, 4.62%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 3.85%)
- Hallucination (5 people, 3.85%)
- Gastric ulcer (5 people, 3.85%)
- Somnolence (4 people, 3.08%)
- Dementia (4 people, 3.08%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (4 people, 3.08%)
- Diabetes mellitus (4 people, 3.08%)
- Essential hypertension (3 people, 2.31%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Stalevo 100 (47 people, 36.15%)
- Sinemet (36 people, 27.69%)
- Azilect (33 people, 25.38%)
- Requip (27 people, 20.77%)
- Clonazepam (22 people, 16.92%)
- Requip xl (19 people, 14.62%)
- Pergolide mesylate (18 people, 13.85%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 12.31%)
- Parlodel (16 people, 12.31%)
- Permax (16 people, 12.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Parkinson's disease, Atrial fibrillation
You can also:
Common treatments for Parkinson's Disease and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Are these drugs compatible? Does the Azilect help with falling as well as tremors?
From this study (2 weeks ago):
interaction between azilect and Nasacort allergy
From this study (1 month ago):
Irritability and impatience when fatigued
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.