Review: could Parkinson's disease cause Itching?
We study 15,932 people who have Parkinson's disease from FDA and social media. Among them, 94 have Itching. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Parkinson's disease and Itching >>>
Parkinson's disease (latest reports from 61,420 patients) can be treated by Sinemet, Azilect, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Mirapex, Requip Xl, Amantadine Hydrochloride.
Itching (latest reports from 544,797 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 15,931 people who have parkinson's disease are studied. Among them, 94 (0.59%) have Itching.
Gender of people who have parkinson's disease and experienced Itching * :
Age of people who have parkinson's disease and experienced Itching * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (16 people, 17.02%)
- Osteopenia (15 people, 15.96%)
- Breast cancer (15 people, 15.96%)
- Chemotherapy (15 people, 15.96%)
- Osteoporosis (15 people, 15.96%)
- Metastases to bone (15 people, 15.96%)
- Depression (9 people, 9.57%)
- Diabetes mellitus (7 people, 7.45%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (5 people, 5.32%)
- Hypotension (5 people, 5.32%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Sinemet (40 people, 42.55%)
- Aspirin (28 people, 29.79%)
- Neupro (26 people, 27.66%)
- Lipitor (23 people, 24.47%)
- Azilect (22 people, 23.40%)
- Vitamin d (21 people, 22.34%)
- Toprol-xl (17 people, 18.09%)
- Actonel (17 people, 18.09%)
- Calcium (16 people, 17.02%)
- Prilosec (16 people, 17.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Parkinson's Disease and Itching?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Itching and Parkinson's disease
- group for people who have Parkinson's disease
- group for people who have Itching
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
have sore red area on back of legs, neck face and forearms
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Parkinson's disease, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Itching skin caused by taking crestor
After taking Crestor for 4 months or so, raised small spots on my forearms. More itchy evening and night, tried cortisone creams no relief. Dr though it might be due to dry skin, but on researching on the internet found this sort of information pointing to the Crestor as a possible cause. I decided ...
More reviews for: Parkinson's disease, Itching
Common treatments for Parkinson's Disease and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Parkinson's disease symptoms:
Itching related symptom studies:
- Itching in Arthritis - rheumatoid (3,272 reports)
- Itching in Blood pressure (3,976 reports)
- Itching in Depression (1,970 reports)
- Itching in High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (5,531 reports)
- Itching in High density lipoprotein decreased (1,592 reports)
- Itching in Hypertension (4,396 reports)
- Itching in Multiple sclerosis (2,000 reports)
- Itching in Osteoporosis (1,567 reports)
- Itching in Pain (2,029 reports)
- Itching in Psoriasis (1,393 reports)
Parkinson's Disease is also known as: Paralysis agitans, Parkinson, Parkinsonism, Parkinsons, Shaking palsy.
Itching is also known as: Itchiness, Pruritus.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.