Home > Parkinson's disease > Migraine > Parkinson's disease and Migraine
Would you have Migraine when you have Parkinson's disease?
Summary: Migraine is found among people with Parkinson's disease, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Atacand hct.
We study 13 people who have Migraine and Parkinson's disease from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Parkinson's disease and Migraine >>>
Parkinson's disease (latest reports from 59,470 patients) can be treated by Sinemet, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Azilect, Mirapex, Requip Xl, Sinemet Cr.
Migraine (headache) (latest reports from 173,300 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 15,946 people who have parkinson's disease are studied. Among them, 13 (0.08%) have Migraine.
Gender of people who have parkinson's disease and experienced Migraine * :
Age of people who have parkinson's disease and experienced Migraine * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (4 people, 30.77%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (1 people, 7.69%)
- Restless legs syndrome (1 people, 7.69%)
- Hypersensitivity (1 people, 7.69%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 7.69%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Atacand hct (3 people, 23.08%)
- Atacand (3 people, 23.08%)
- Requip (3 people, 23.08%)
- Clozaril (2 people, 15.38%)
- Azilect (2 people, 15.38%)
- Bromocriptine mesylate (2 people, 15.38%)
- Ativan (2 people, 15.38%)
- Naprosyn (1 people, 7.69%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (1 people, 7.69%)
- Bystolic (1 people, 7.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Parkinson's Disease and Migraine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Migraine and Parkinson's disease
- support group for people who have Parkinson's disease
- support group for people who have Migraine
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- Has anyone with parkinson's tried stem cell therapy?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
I would like to supplement the azilect I take with natural products that will hopefully keep my symptoms stable at least for as long as possible. I'm also very interested in finding out more about the benefit of stem cell therapy.
- My husband has been diagnosed with early onset parkinsons at 45. vomiting in the early morning has always been a symptom long before they put him on medications. any ideas? it is not acid reflux.
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Vomiting , Parkinson's Disease)
Anxiety and acid reflux have been ruled out. He does not have high blood pressure.
- Can a person with parkinson's take garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Garcinia Cambogia)
looking to lose some wait around my stomach area to releave my lower back pain. i wantedto try garcinia cambogia but since I have Parkinson's not sure if it's safe.
- How well does using both mirapex and neupro at the same timne work
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Mirapex)
Off of mirapex because of sexual thoughts, but Neupro does not work nearly as well (at 8 mg/day). I'm curious about using a much lower dose of Mirapex along with Neupro.
More questions for: Parkinson's disease, Migraine
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Imetrix verses butalb/acet/caffeine
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Migraines, and takes Imitrex)
I have taken both Imitrex and Butalb/acet/caffeine and I have to say that Imitrex works far better than the other one! The substitute I was given for Imitrex doesn't even touch my migraine pain.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Migraines, and takes Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has History Of Concussions, Migraines, Neuropathy, and takes Lyrica)
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
- Bad side effect of melatonin/imitrex use together
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Insomnia, Migraine, and takes Melatonin, Imitrex)
I have taken melatonin for insomnia I've been experiencing recently (not a chronic condition). I haven't had any problems or interactions with my other regular medications while using the melatonin, other than drowsiness in the morning. Last night I had a migraine at bedtime, so took 50 mg. of imi ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Asthma, Migraines, Dizziness, Tightness In Chest, Difficulty Breathing, Confusion, Unable To Speak Or Swallow, Swollen Neck, Abdominal Pain, Unable To Walk, Neck Pain, Shaking Uncontrollably, Loss Of Feeling In Right Side, and takes Sumatriptan)
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Parkinson's disease, Migraine
- A study of side effects of Valtrex for a patient with Shingles. The patient has Itching, Migraine (headache), Joint Stiffness, Muscle Stiffness (weakness and loss of muscle control due to nerve damage in brain), Stuffy Nose (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels)
Comments: Recurrent shingles for last 1-2 years with them now coming almost as soon as I am off the 7 days 3000 gram course. Two weeks ago during the 5th day of the 3000 per day, I awoke and the muscles of my lower extremities were so tight and rigid I could hardly bend to move. Painful to get around, could b ...
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Oxazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium, Carbilev for a patient with Blood Cholesterol Increased, Sleeping Difficulty, Antidepressant Drug Level Therapeutic, Vascular Bypass Graft, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Delusions, Mixed
Comments: My 71 year old mother is a vascular patient who, in october 2001, had a bi fem arterial bypass (the first of 4) she was a smoker up until the beginning of November 2013.
She has mild dementia due to age/surgeries etc.
She is a single, above the knee amputee for just over a year now and had a minor ...
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Zofran, Dilaudid, Zomig, Zanaflex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Topamax, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Armour Thyroid for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Pain Management, Complicated Migraine, Muscle Spasms, Hypertension, Migraine Prophylaxis, Stress And Anxiety, Hashimoto's Disease. The patient has Hair Loss, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia - Hemolytic, Rash Macular, Weight Decreased, Abdominal Distension, Fecal Incontinence, Bile Duct Pressure Increased, Muscle Aches, Muscle Twitching, Numbness And Tingling, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Tachycardia Irregular, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Abdominal Neoplasm, Bone And Joint Pain, Pain Exacerbated, Migraine
Comments: Have constant pain in knees, feet, toes, hands, arms, neck and back. Cannot sleep because I wake up constantly with shooting pain in neck, feet, knees, including tingles and numbness. Left side is worse; includes some drooling and paralysis at times. History of colitis and recent IPIN neiplasms f ...
- A study of drug interactions between Donepezil, Namenda for a patient with Parkinsonism. The patient has Parkinsonism
Comments: Has developed confusion in the evening between 6pm and 10 pm. Am taking namenda at 8 am and 6 pm. Taking donepezil and flomax at 8 pm. Have been taking namenda for 3 months. Since then speech has been lowered and muffled, mostly in the evening also. He is a little unsteady on his feet. Sometim ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lithium Carbonate, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Indomethacin, Prednisone for a patient with Bipolar 2, Diabetes Mellitus, Shaking Palsy, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Chronic Tonsillar Disease, Elevated Mood
Comments: Experienced swelling of hands and feet in October of 2012 plus joint pain; advised NP at clinic of these events; no changes to meds (at that time only Lithium [level of 1.03], Propranolol, and Metformin). February 2013 extreme swelling of hands in particular presented with accompanying severe joint ...
More related studies for: Parkinson's disease, Migraine
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Uterine Fibroids
- Enalapril Maleate
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (2 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (13 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (16 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (42 minutes ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (33 minutes ago)
- Compare Cellcept and Prograf and Rapamune for a 50-year old woman (37 minutes ago)
- Gymnema Sylvestre for a 72-year old man who has High Blood Sugar (56 minutes ago)