Home > Parkinson's disease > Shingles > Parkinson's disease and Shingles
Would you have Shingles (Herpes zoster) when you have Parkinson's disease?
Summary: Shingles is found among people with Parkinson's disease, especially people who are male, 50-59 old, also have Herpes zoster, and take medication Sinemet.
We study 10 people who have Shingles (Herpes zoster) and Parkinson's disease from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Parkinson's disease and Shingles >>>
Parkinson's disease can be treated by Sinemet, Azilect, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Sinemet Cr, Mirapex, Amantadine Hydrochloride. (view latest reports from 23,890 patients)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) (latest reports from 22,298 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 10 people who have parkinson's disease and Shingles are studied.
Gender of people who have parkinson's disease and experienced Shingles * :
Age of people who have parkinson's disease and experienced Shingles * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Herpes zoster (3 people, 30.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 20.00%)
- Nasal decongestion therapy (2 people, 20.00%)
- Pain management (2 people, 20.00%)
- Arthralgia (2 people, 20.00%)
- Back pain (2 people, 20.00%)
- Gastric disorder (2 people, 20.00%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 20.00%)
- Myasthenia gravis (2 people, 20.00%)
- Parkinsonism (2 people, 20.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Sinemet (5 people, 50.00%)
- Lansoprazole (4 people, 40.00%)
- Clopidogrel (4 people, 40.00%)
- Valtrex (3 people, 30.00%)
- Folic acid (2 people, 20.00%)
- Lorazepam (2 people, 20.00%)
- Ranitidine (2 people, 20.00%)
- Ketoconazole (2 people, 20.00%)
- Temazepam (2 people, 20.00%)
- Rivastigmine (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Parkinson's Disease and Shingles?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Shingles and Parkinson's disease
- support group for people who have Parkinson's disease
- support group for people who have Shingles
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Parkinson's disease, Shingles
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Shingles, Tardive Dyskinesia)
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to ...
- Valtrex and warfarin
(Posted by a 89 year old man who has Shingles, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Valtrex)
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion (1 response)
(Posted by a 77 year old woman who has Parkinsons, and takes Prozac, Wellbutrin, Sinemet)
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
More reviews for: Parkinson's disease, Shingles
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Anafranil, Emsam, Klonopin for a patient with Depression, Ocd, Parkinson's Disease, Anxiety And Panic Disorder. The patient has
Comments: My neurologist has prescribed Selegiline for early stage Parkinson's disease. The neurologist assures me they often prescribed Selegiline with Prozac and Anafranil. My pharmacist has expressed concern about these drug combinations.
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Comtan, Mirapex, Sinemet for a patient with Anxiety, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Jitters
Comments: I get the jitters after my 2nd - 5th dose of medicine. Never during the night when my meds are worn off or never after my first dose in the morning. Sometimes lorazepam gets rid of the jitters and sometimes they last for hours even using lorazepam.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Allergic Reactions. The patient has Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus)
Comments: I was taking prednisone for an allergic reaction. I had severe hives with itching and was hospitalized and put on prednisone 60 milligrams a day and tappered down 6 days after being in hospital, in the hospital I noticed blisters on the back of my right leg and I thought it was part of my allergic r ...
- A study of side effects of Sinemet for a patient with Parkinsonism. The patient has Anxiety
Comments: Over the past 2 years have developed anxiety and other symptoms similar to hypoglycemia one and a half hours after taking half a Sinemet 100/25. I live a roller coaster life trying to balance some relief from my Parkinsonism (mainly right sided weakness)with the negative side effects of the med.Any ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pantoprazole, Azilect, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Paxil, Stalevo 100 for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Parkinsonism, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: The shortness of breath is happening once every week and a half or so. I've gone to the hospital emergency room twice as sometimes it continues for a couple of days and it interrupts my sleep. All the doctors keep saying that it's a panic attack, but my pulse is normal as well as my blood pressure. ...
More related studies for: Parkinson's disease, Shingles
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Low Blood Sugar and Seroquel
- Menstrual Cramps
- Cataflam and Duragesic-100
- Adderall 20
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been ... (7 hours ago)
- Can carafate causa a false negative for opiate and clonazepam?
I was in the hospital foe 15 days for acute pancreatitis, ... (11 hours ago)
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (15 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (3 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Seroquel for a 32-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (23 minutes ago)
- Celexa, Klonopin, Adderall 20, Accutane for a 19-year old girl who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder Nec, ADD, Acne (2 hours ago)
- Klonopin, Skelaxin, Prednisone, Adderall 20, Lipitor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien, Mestinon for a 62-year old man who has Myalgia, Myasthenia Gravis, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia (2 hours ago)