Home > Parkinson's disease > Shingles > Parkinson's disease and Shingles
Review: could Parkinson's disease cause Shingles (Herpes zoster)?
We study 15,946 people who have Parkinson's disease from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Shingles (Herpes zoster). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Parkinson's disease and Shingles >>>
Parkinson's disease (latest reports from 59,498 patients) can be treated by Sinemet, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Azilect, Sinemet Cr, Mirapex, Amantadine Hydrochloride.
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) (latest reports from 117,184 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 15,946 people who have parkinson's disease are studied. Among them, 10 (0.06%) have Shingles.
Gender of people who have parkinson's disease and experienced Shingles * :
Age of people who have parkinson's disease and experienced Shingles * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Herpes zoster (3 people, 30.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 20.00%)
- Nasal decongestion therapy (2 people, 20.00%)
- Pain management (2 people, 20.00%)
- Arthralgia (2 people, 20.00%)
- Back pain (2 people, 20.00%)
- Gastric disorder (2 people, 20.00%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 20.00%)
- Blood pressure (2 people, 20.00%)
- Myasthenia gravis (2 people, 20.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Sinemet (5 people, 50.00%)
- Lansoprazole (4 people, 40.00%)
- Clopidogrel (4 people, 40.00%)
- Valtrex (3 people, 30.00%)
- Folic acid (2 people, 20.00%)
- Lorazepam (2 people, 20.00%)
- Ranitidine (2 people, 20.00%)
- Ketoconazole (2 people, 20.00%)
- Temazepam (2 people, 20.00%)
- Rivastigmine (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Parkinson's Disease and Shingles?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Shingles and Parkinson's disease
- support group for people who have Parkinson's disease
- support group for people who have Shingles
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Brigmar on Oct, 9, 2014:
I'm a 50 year old female and I had often heart burn and I did the orilosec cure for 2 weeks, another week later I was diagnosed with the shingles they should write this on package.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
My neurologist has prescribed Selegiline for early stage Parkinson's disease. The neurologist assures me they often prescribed Selegiline with Prozac and Anafranil. My pharmacist has expressed concern about these drug combinations.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
hammertoes, great difficulty walking
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Parkinson's disease, Shingles
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to ...
- Valtrex and warfarin
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
More reviews for: Parkinson's disease, Shingles
Common treatments for Parkinson's Disease and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Parkinson's disease symptoms:
Shingles related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (2 hours ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (2 hours ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy
- Prostatitis Chronic
- Lian Zi Xin