Would you have Hair loss when you have Pneumonia?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people with Pneumonia, especially people who are female, 2-9 old, also have Hyperthyroidism, and take medication Avelox.
We study 36 people who have Hair loss and Pneumonia from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Pneumonia and Hair loss >>>
Pneumonia can be treated by Levaquin, Azithromycin, Prednisone, Avelox, Levofloxacin, Clarithromycin. (latest reports from Pneumonia 122,474 patients)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.(latest reports from Hair loss 41,549 patients)
On Dec, 12, 2014: 36 people who have pneumonia and Hair Loss are studied.
Gender of people who have pneumonia and experienced Hair loss * :
|Hair loss||80.33%||19.67% |
Age of people who have pneumonia and experienced Hair loss * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||1.75%||15.79%||0.00%||0.00%||7.02%||24.56%||50.88% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hyperthyroidism (24 people, 66.67%)
- Hypertension (24 people, 66.67%)
- Pyrexia (6 people, 16.67%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 16.67%)
- Cardiomyopathy (6 people, 16.67%)
- Hiv infection (6 people, 16.67%)
- Asthma (3 people, 8.33%)
- Pruritus (3 people, 8.33%)
- Convulsion (3 people, 8.33%)
- Gastric disorder (3 people, 8.33%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Avelox (27 people, 75.00%)
- Invanz (26 people, 72.22%)
- Gentamicin (25 people, 69.44%)
- Augmentin '125' (24 people, 66.67%)
- Cefpodoxime proxetil (24 people, 66.67%)
- Levaquin (7 people, 19.44%)
- Ceftazidime (6 people, 16.67%)
- Valtrex (6 people, 16.67%)
- Isentress (6 people, 16.67%)
- Enalapril maleate (5 people, 13.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pneumonia and Hair Loss?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Hair Loss and Pneumonia
- support group for people who have Pneumonia
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Pneumonia, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing significant hair thinning at the second month of treatments (50 mg once per week). My Rhuematologist suggested 800 mcg of folic acid. I am still losing hair although I am feeling so much better.
- Hair loss with metformin hydrochloride usage
I have been taking the drug Metformin Hydrochloride for about 5 months and definitely find that I am losing hair which is a problem I have never experienced. Always had the healthiest hair, no problems. Well, I am finding that I am losing lair significantly and feel that the manufacturer of this drug should post that this is a side effect as so many have been complaining of the same side effect. I also began having problems with my teeth and always prided myself of having great teeth with no problems. I also understand that if there is a deficiency of Vitamin B12 that this together with taking this drug can cause these issues of hair loss and mouth/teeth problems. Again; I feel this should be totally and more readily informed to anyone taking this drug. I don't feel that anyone should have to give up things important to them to maintain a healthy way of living...I am going to see my physician and discuss what other options that may exist as I am not feeling very comfortable with this drug and the side effects I am experiencing.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Levothyrixine and have increased as my dose has been increased.
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Hair loss on this drug
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, earlier I had cut down the back of my hair to a low fade but with some new growth, i looked like i had some skin problem. What do you do when you have to take the medications to survive? I also have the feeling of depression, I kept crying and I am normally a strong person, who it takes alot to make me break down, when I think of my hair loss i just burst in to a ball of tears, just to tell someone about my hair loss, tears.....I've always have been known for keeping my hair done I went out and got a wig and I know this won't make me feel any better.........i will always be saying don't let me get caught by the wind, rain or any of the elements......
More reviews for: Pneumonia, Hair loss
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- I have just started on Orencia this month but was was taken off of Cimzia as it was no longer effective. I have noticed over the last year that 2/3 of my hair has thinned to very little.. thin and weak.
- Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- Patient has been declining after increased marijuana usage. Graves disease like symptoms with weight loss, bulging eyes, mood disorder, lethargic, and loss of appetite. Increased depression and dependency on substances has drastically changed. Appearance and facial structures are predominate.
- I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
More related studies for: Pneumonia, Hair loss
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.