Would you have Muscle cramps when you have Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos)?
Summary: Muscle cramps is reported only by a few people with Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos).
We study 3 people who have Muscle cramps and Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) and Muscle cramps >>>
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos)
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) (cysts in the ovaries that occurs when the follicle stops developing) can be treated by Metformin Hydrochloride, Metformin, Spironolactone, Glucophage, Yaz, Yasmin. (latest reports from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos) 2,638 patients)
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.(latest reports from Muscle cramps 10,796 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 3 people who have polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) and Muscle Cramps are studied.
Gender of people who have polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) and experienced Muscle cramps * :
|Muscle cramps||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) and experienced Muscle cramps * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hidradenitis (1 people, 33.33%)
- Polycystic ovaries (1 people, 33.33%)
- Allergies (1 people, 33.33%)
- Asthma (1 people, 33.33%)
- Seizures (1 people, 33.33%)
- Bipolar disorder (1 people, 33.33%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 33.33%)
- Kidney stones (1 people, 33.33%)
- Hypersomnia (1 people, 33.33%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Pentoxifylline (1 people, 33.33%)
- Potassium citrate (1 people, 33.33%)
- Vistaril (1 people, 33.33%)
- Spironolactone (1 people, 33.33%)
- Insulin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Ortho evra (1 people, 33.33%)
- Fortamet (1 people, 33.33%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (1 people, 33.33%)
- Combivent (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lamictal (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos) and Muscle Cramps?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps and Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos)
- support group for people who have Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos)
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can urinary retention cause severe dizziness and lightheartedness?
I had a kidney infection for 1.5 months diagnosed in August this year it took 2 lots of antibiotics to kick it but now I am left with SEVERE urinary retention I had a cystoscopy which only lasted for 24 hours it was done when I was awake so I think that it wasn't very affective by the next morning I was again in agony with lower back pain and pain around my kidneys. I had to swap consultants I am seeing my new one tomorrow but now I am suffering with severe urinary retention I pass urine 1-2 times a day I try to go if my bladder feels full I can be sat on my toilet for 20 mins and its just a few drops so I get bad lower stomach pain too from the pressure as I cannot go properly. My consultant gave me Cefalexin but my GP was very wary giving it to me as I am only 24 years old and they don't usually give it to women.
Does urinary retention cause bad dizziness and how can I help the symptoms because the back and kidney pain along with the lower stomach pain keeps me up for most of the night I am getting about 4-5 hours sleep I work as a nanny so I am constantly feeling exhausted
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas? (1 answer)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm still having problems with hypoglycemia... if anyone know anything, PLEASE CONTACT ME!!! :)
I know there can't just be a support group here for FERRETS!!! people are kind of important... I hate this song, but "Don't worry, BE HAPPY" is okay, I guess... I'm trying to force it upon myself. Things will get BETTER!!!
- Have people on pravstatin experienced muscle cramps on the same level as those taking zocor?
experience severe thigh cramps often when using Zocor.
afraid to start using pravastatin and wonder if pravastatin would cause the same
- I have pcos and also taking birth control. i am currently experiencing breast swelling. does the breast swelling mean that metformin is working on my body out is it considered just a side effect?
I have had PCOS since I was 15 years old. I am not diabetic my glucose levels are fine. I have been trying to get pregnant since I was 24 with no success. I went through 6 month cycle of clomid, progesterone, novarel injections and IUI with no success. I have been on birth control since I was 15 and now that im 32 years old and was just given metformin to help aid with my PCOS and hypothyroidism. I am currently experiencing alot of sharp pain in my ovaries and breast swelling. Was wondering if this means the metformin is starting to work on my body or is it just a simple side effect??
- Is it ok to take methocarbamol and metronidazole at the same time
Took methocarbamol because of pain in my shoulder and I have a bacteria infection so I also took metronidazol and my eye lids are swollen
More questions for: Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos), Muscle cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Novocaine at the dentist office
Novocain makes me shake, makes my blood rush through my hands so bad that others can feel it just by touching them, and makes my breasts hurt.
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different prescription when that one no longer helped, and finally a third prescription, which did not work either. The cramps continued to grow more severe and more frequent. I was also having extremely severe cramps in my left hand, to the point that I could not straighten my fingers for several excruciating minutes. Although the cramps in my calves had lessened significantly, my toes were starting to cramp severely.
I stopped taking allopurinol about a month ago, and since then I realized that my hands and toes were cramping less and less, and now it is almost completely gone. I inadvertently stopped the allopurinol and I lost the bottle of pills and didn't realize it until I went to refill my pill box that holds a month's supply divided into daily doses. I searched on the internet and found that muscle problems are not uncommon for some people taking allopurinol.
More reviews for: Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos), Muscle cramps
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My WBC count has been low for 4mos now. I'm lethargic, having problems sleeping & still experiencing a tremendous amount of pain (which I believe it has to do with the congenital lipoma on my brain stem-I've had excruciating pain as long as I can remember.)
- Hand tremors, voi e tremors, noint pain to hips and shoulders, worse on dominate side, severe, unable to feed with fork, have to eat finger foods and drink from a straw. I was taken off wellbutrin had withdraws after 4 days, started back and now have all symptoMs of Parkinson's. Any information is h ...
- Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- Pain in mid back left side. Feels like a my muscle is extremely tight. Also have feeling of fullness on left side. Not like from eating, but just like things are tight in there. Does not hurt when i lay down.
- I think that I've just made the connection between muscle cramps in both feet, calf muscles, chest muscle, hands, upper arms and temples with starting on Symbicort a few months ago. Are there any alternative medications with the same effect on asthma related breathing problems.
More related studies for: Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos), Muscle cramps
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.