Polymyalgia rheumatica and Gerd - from FDA reports
Gerd is found among people with Polymyalgia rheumatica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Fosamax and have Osteopenia. This review analyzes which people have Gerd with Polymyalgia rheumatica. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16 people who have Polymyalgia rheumatica from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
16 people who have Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Gerd are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Polymyalgia Rheumatica and experience Gerd *:
- female: 81.25 %
- male: 18.75 %
Age of people who have Polymyalgia Rheumatica and experience Gerd *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 27.27 %
- 60+: 72.73 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 25.00%)
- Osteopenia (4 people, 25.00%)
- Anticoagulant Therapy (3 people, 18.75%)
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 12.50%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (2 people, 12.50%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Reclast (5 people, 31.25%)
- Fosamax (5 people, 31.25%)
- Prednisone (4 people, 25.00%)
- Pantoprazole (4 people, 25.00%)
- Alendronate Sodium (3 people, 18.75%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Pain (8 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (6 people, 37.50%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (5 people, 31.25%)
- Insomnia (5 people, 31.25%)
- Fall (5 people, 31.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Gerd and Polymyalgia rheumatica?
- Check symptoms - is your gerd caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGerd and Polymyalgia rheumatica from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Polymyalgia rheumatica (pain in many muscles) can be treated by Prednisone, Prednisolone, Methotrexate sodium, Celebrex (latest reports from 3,488 Polymyalgia rheumatica patients)
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,254 Gerd patients).
Browse all symptoms of Polymyalgia rheumaticaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause GerdGerd
Other conditions that could case GerdGerd
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
The doctors thought my friend has polymyalgia She has every symptom, but she also has bad groin pain. So now they are testing her, They say they don't know what kind of arthritis she has. Can't you have groin pain also with polymyalgia????
You may be interested in these reviews
Diagnosed with PMR recently, and have been on Methotrexate for 4 months . Still have pain mostly behind my knees & I can't bend them. Also, pain in the groin area, hips, back of neck / spine. I also have swelling in the neck/spine area the size of a baseball. Anyone else have pain in these ...
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...