Home > Prostate cancer > Dementia > Prostate cancer and Dementia
Would you have Dementia when you have Prostate cancer?
Summary: Dementia is found among people with Prostate cancer, especially people who are male, 60+ old, also have Osteoporosis, and take medication Aspirin.
We study 51 people who have Dementia and Prostate cancer from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Prostate cancer and Dementia >>>
Prostate cancer (latest reports from 54,106 patients) can be treated by Flomax, Casodex, Avodart, Zoladex, Lupron, Lupron Depot.
Dementia (madness) (latest reports from 46,391 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 51 people who have prostate cancer and Dementia are studied.
Age of people who have prostate cancer and experienced Dementia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 15.69%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (2 people, 3.92%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 3.92%)
- Blood pressure (2 people, 3.92%)
- Bladder cancer (2 people, 3.92%)
- Urinary tract disorder (2 people, 3.92%)
- Dyslipidaemia (1 people, 1.96%)
- Renal cancer (1 people, 1.96%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (1 people, 1.96%)
- Cancer - prostate (1 people, 1.96%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Aspirin (9 people, 17.65%)
- Bicalutamide (9 people, 17.65%)
- Finasteride (8 people, 15.69%)
- Alendronate sodium (8 people, 15.69%)
- Leuprolide acetate (8 people, 15.69%)
- Fosamax (8 people, 15.69%)
- Taxotere (7 people, 13.73%)
- Lupron depot (7 people, 13.73%)
- Zometa (6 people, 11.76%)
- Decadron (5 people, 9.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Prostate Cancer and Dementia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Dementia and Prostate cancer
- support group for people who have Prostate cancer
- support group for people who have Dementia
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Cancer - Prostate, and takes Enbrel)
already on enbrel, doing well do not want to stop, but diagnosed with prostate ca. Should I stop
- Is finasteride compatible with tamulosin?
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Cancer - Prostate, and takes Flomax, Finasteride)
are these 2 meds compatible?I have been prescribed both and would like to know if they work together. Also is it normal to urinate 6+ times per night even after radiation therapy and hormonal treatment,(zoladex&casadex)?
- Can azilect and diazepam be taken together
(Asked by a 79 year old man who has Parkinson's Disease, Prostate Cancer, and takes Azilect)
We need to know if taking diazepam will help him sleep. He wakes up every couple hours , hes exhausted and becomes hard to deal with and mean. He sometimes says weird off the wall things. Gets mean and unmanageable at times. Needs more sleep
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus & metoclopramide
(Asked by a 87 year old woman who has Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, GERD, Dementia, Hypertension, Fractured Hip, Reflux Esophagitis, and takes Metoclopramide, Remeron, Lisinopril, Aricept, Oxycodone Hydrochloride)
My Mom while recovering from a hip fracture in a rehab center was given Metoclopramide for 2 days when she suddenly (about 2-3 hours after her dose of metoclopramide at lunch time) became completely disoriented,lethargic and could not speak. She could barely swallow, and could not drink liquids even ...
- Does aricept shorten life expectancy? i am a 61 year old women with mild dementia.
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Dementia, and takes Aricept)
I have rcently been diagnosed with mild dementia and have been started on a low dose of aricept (25 mg daily). Will it shorten my life expectancy at all? Is there any research?
More questions for: Prostate cancer, Dementia
More reviews for: Prostate cancer, Dementia
- A study of side effects of Zoladex for a patient with Cancer - Prostate. The patient has Taste Loss, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Comments: I had prostate surgery at Alexian Bros Hospital in Hoffman Estates in June, 2005. Radiation treatment began Northwestern Hospital in October and a Zoladex injection in early November.
Taste loss occurred about 3 to 4 weeks after injection. Taste came back within 1 month.
one night,about 3 we ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Vitamin C, Prednisone, Furosemide, Oxycontin, MS Contin for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Health, Sarcoidosis, Fluid Retention. The patient has Chronic Brain Syndrome, Fatigue - Chronic, Depression, Anger
Comments: During the past five years all of my relationships have become strained and most are currently non-existent. I have occasional outbursts where I become extremely angry and often scream and yell at those around me. I am also, and have been, for ten or more years very emotional, crying at the slight ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Adderall for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Paranoia, Schizophrenia, Dementia
Comments: My older brother is an American college football player. He's blessed with his height being 6'4'' and his weight being 230 lbs. He is 22 years old.
When we were growing up (ages 11-18), he was *sometimes* belligerent towards me, but he usually was well behaved in front of my parents.
Ever since a ...
- A study of side effects of Flomax for a patient with Prostate Cancer. The patient has Long-term Memory Loss
Comments: Two of my cousins in the past, (living in Greece) became progressively ill after being operated having their prostate removed. After the first of them died, his wife said that no one in the family should have the prostate removed.
Some years later, his brother had the same operation. The doctors ha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, Furosemide, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Clonidine, Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Allopurinol for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Fluid Retention, Angina, Cancer - Prostate, High Blood Cholesterol, Acid Reflux, Gout. The patient has Clonus
Comments: My 73 year old father in law takes all of these medications and he is not doing well. He has severe dementia that has come on in the last 6-8weeks. Each week he seems to be doing worse. He had gallbladder surgery September 1st, and has lost 65 pounds. At first, I thought he just wasn't feeling w ...
More related studies for: Prostate cancer, Dementia
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (3 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (7 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (3 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (8 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zoloft for a 27-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder (26 minutes ago)
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (2 hours ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (3 hours ago)