Prostate cancer and Dementia - from FDA reports
Dementia is found among people with Prostate cancer, especially for people who are 60+ old, take medication Xtandi and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Dementia with Prostate cancer. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 142 people who have Prostate cancer from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
142 people who have Prostate Cancer and Dementia are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Age of people who have Prostate Cancer and experience Dementia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 1.15 %
- 60+: 98.85 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 3.52%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (5 people, 3.52%)
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (3 people, 2.11%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 2.11%)
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (3 people, 2.11%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Xtandi (41 people, 28.87%)
- Lupron Depot (19 people, 13.38%)
- Zytiga (11 people, 7.75%)
- Eligard (10 people, 7.04%)
- Bicalutamide (9 people, 6.34%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Fatigue (18 people, 12.68%)
- Confusional State (16 people, 11.27%)
- Weakness (15 people, 10.56%)
- Memory Loss (15 people, 10.56%)
- Fall (12 people, 8.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dementia and Prostate cancer?
- Check symptoms - is your dementia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDementia and Prostate cancer from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prostate cancer can be treated by Flomax, Casodex, Zoladex, Avodart, Lupron (latest reports from 57,269 Prostate cancer patients)
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 20,157 Dementia patients).
Browse all symptoms of Prostate cancera b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause DementiaDementia
Other conditions that could case DementiaDementia
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me find explanations / descriptions / summaries of overstimulating sensory effects in the frontotemporal dementia patient. I've been researching online but have seen nothing pertaining to FTD, though there are numerous examples of flooding in ADHD and ...
My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
I have had prostate cancer since 2008 and use various Chinese herbs and CF IP6 & Inositol. Now I find out that I have hypothyroidism - and probably have had it for decades! I am taking levothyroxine .075mg. Internet re thyroid warns against green vegetables, etc, and internet re prostate ...
I'm here bc my uncle very recently was diagnosed w/prostate cancer & is sure that mercaptopurine is the culprit. He has Crohn's & his doctor told him to double his dose 2 years ago. I'm just looking for others who may have had a similar experience as I know this is troubling him a great deal & I ...