Home > Psoriasis > Neuropathy > Psoriasis and Neuropathy
Would you have Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy) when you have Psoriasis?
Summary: Neuropathy is found among people with Psoriasis, especially people who are male, 60+ old, also have Depression, and take medication Enbrel.
We study 14 people who have Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy) and Psoriasis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Psoriasis and Neuropathy >>>
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) (latest reports from 139,472 patients) can be treated by Humira, Enbrel, Methotrexate Sodium, Stelara, Clobetasol Propionate, Methotrexate.
Neuropathy (damage to nerves) (latest reports from 26,783 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, peripheral neuropathy.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 58,227 people who have psoriasis are studied. Among them, 14 (0.02%) have Neuropathy.
Gender of people who have psoriasis and experienced Neuropathy * :
Age of people who have psoriasis and experienced Neuropathy * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (4 people, 28.57%)
- Mania (1 people, 7.14%)
- Plaque psoriasis (1 people, 7.14%)
- Anemia (1 people, 7.14%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (1 people, 7.14%)
- Inflammation (1 people, 7.14%)
- Menopause (1 people, 7.14%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Enbrel (7 people, 50.00%)
- Raptiva (4 people, 28.57%)
- Budesonide (3 people, 21.43%)
- Alprazolam (3 people, 21.43%)
- Humira (3 people, 21.43%)
- Soriatane (1 people, 7.14%)
- Glimepiride (1 people, 7.14%)
- Atarax (1 people, 7.14%)
- Progesterone (1 people, 7.14%)
- Amevive (1 people, 7.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Psoriasis and Neuropathy?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Neuropathy and Psoriasis
- support group for people who have Psoriasis
- support group for people who have Neuropathy
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can an im phenergan injection cause neuropathy, where the injection was given?
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Neuropathy, and takes Phenergan)
I was given a phenergan injection in PACU. Once I was discharged and home, I felt numbness in my leg where the injection was given. I called my MD and was told the numbness was from the position my leg was in during surgery. It has now been 5 months and my upper thigh has neuropathy. Can Phenerga ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- What are effects of gabapentin when taking stress test?
(Asked by a 78 year old woman who has Neuropathy, and takes Gabapentin, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide)
I am seeing a neurologist, and have been referred to a cardiologist before final diagnosis. My initial test was good, but the cardiologist recommended I have a stress test to complete his evaluation.
- What drug can be substitute for metoprolol with psoriasis
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Psoriasis, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate)
My psoriasis got worse after being started on metoprolol in 2005. What drug can be substituted for metoprolol. My other medications for hypertension are losartan, chlorthalisone, nifedipine.
- Can i do anything to help dysphonia associated with prednisone tablets?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Peripheral Neuropathy, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Temporal Arteritis, and takes Gabapentin, Metformin, Prednisone)
Taking Prednisone tablets for temporal arteritis. Noticed voice getting hoarse and believe go be dysphonia side effect. Wondering if anything I can do to help alleviate.
More questions for: Psoriasis, Neuropathy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My friend died of sepsis while having taken humera for a year.
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Humira)
My friend said she didn't feel good but was still active until about 20 hours before her death in the ICU on a ventilator from sepsis. She was just 55. This is a horror story. People are devastated.
- Psoriasis and flomax
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has BPH, Psoriasis, Sore Mouth, Cheeks, Gums And Lips, and takes Flomax)
I have been on Flomax for 4 years now and have been having a sore ulcerated mouth for about 3 years off and on. About six months ago I developed psoriasis on my scalp and have been using different medications described by my doctor.
Then three months ago I got a patch on my leg. I started looking ...
- Etanercept and irritability
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Irritability, Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthropathy For 55years., and takes Enbrel)
I have been on Etanercept for 8 years for Psoriasis. Previous to this I was on
Methotrexate, Cyclosporine, Retinodes and ACTH injections.Since being on 25mg twice a week I have been 98% clear.The only side effect to date is "Irritability" which lasts about 24hrs.
This Drug has been my saving grac ...
- Adderall xr 30 mg and peripheral neuropathy
(Posted by a 19 year old girl who has Peripheral Neuropathy, and takes Adderall Xr 30)
I have been taking adderall xr 30 mg for the past five years, with some breaks. I started showing symptoms of peripheral neuropathy the second year. This year (my 5th year on adderall) has been the worst and most difficult for my peripheral neuropathy. I also suffer from major depressive disorder an ...
- Lyrica varied widely
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Bright-red Rash, Swelling Of Ankles, Weight Gain, and takes Lyrica)
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
More reviews for: Psoriasis, Neuropathy
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a patient with Psoriasis. The patient has Weight Loss - Unintentional
Comments: I have had 3 periods in one month and have lost 25 pounds unplanned.
- A study of side effects of Stelara for a patient with Psoriasis. The patient has Abdominal Pain Upper
Comments: Left upper back pain
- A study of drug interactions between Keflex, Keflex for a patient with Sinus Infection. The patient has Neuropathy - Peripheral
Comments: I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs for 2 months at least could cause this issue I was wondering about BOTH clindamycin and keflex
- A study of side effects of Depo-testosterone for a patient with Hypogonadism Male. The patient has Sexual Dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity), Dry Mouth, Muscle Cramps Aggravated (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction), Night Sweats (sweating in night), Nervousness, Muscle Twitching, Neuropathy (damage to nerves), Central Nervous System Stimulation
Comments: generally ill
no well being
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a patient with Mood Swings. The patient has Peripheral Neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system)
Comments: Burning, tingling, itching, redness bottom of feet
More related studies for: Psoriasis, Neuropathy
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Jantoven and Urinary Incontinence
- Nadolol and Lisinopril
- Hair Loss and Effexor
- Osteoporosis and Symbicort
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (3 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (14 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (17 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (2 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Monistat 3 for a 38-year old woman who has Yeast Infection - Vagina (13 minutes ago)
- Namenda for a 38-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder (37 minutes ago)
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (2 hours ago)