Home > Psoriasis > Shingles > Psoriasis and Shingles
Review: could Psoriasis cause Shingles (Herpes zoster)?
We study 58,227 people who have Psoriasis from FDA and social media. Among them, 364 have Shingles (Herpes zoster). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Psoriasis and Shingles >>>
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) (latest reports from 139,434 patients) can be treated by Humira, Enbrel, Methotrexate Sodium, Stelara, Clobetasol Propionate, Methotrexate.
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) (latest reports from 117,184 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 58,225 people who have psoriasis are studied. Among them, 364 (0.63%) have Shingles.
Gender of people who have psoriasis and experienced Shingles * :
Age of people who have psoriasis and experienced Shingles * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Psoriatic arthropathy (85 people, 23.35%)
- Depression (27 people, 7.42%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 6.32%)
- Prophylaxis (20 people, 5.49%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (16 people, 4.40%)
- Angina pectoris (14 people, 3.85%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (10 people, 2.75%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 2.75%)
- Gout (10 people, 2.75%)
- Vitamin supplementation (8 people, 2.20%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Enbrel (171 people, 46.98%)
- Humira (100 people, 27.47%)
- Methotrexate (45 people, 12.36%)
- Remicade (44 people, 12.09%)
- Raptiva (41 people, 11.26%)
- Amevive (34 people, 9.34%)
- Stelara (29 people, 7.97%)
- Prednisolone (24 people, 6.59%)
- Folic acid (24 people, 6.59%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 5.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Psoriasis and Shingles?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Shingles and Psoriasis
- support group for people who have Psoriasis
- support group for people who have Shingles
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
Brigmar on Oct, 9, 2014:
I'm a 50 year old female and I had often heart burn and I did the orilosec cure for 2 weeks, another week later I was diagnosed with the shingles they should write this on package.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
several episodes of very severe chest pain left hand side when unable to take deep breaths attacks last 5 minutes aproximately
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Psoriasis, Shingles
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to ...
- Valtrex and warfarin
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Psoriasis, Shingles
Common treatments for Psoriasis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Psoriasis symptoms:
- Injection Site Pain in Psoriasis (6,042 reports)
- Injection Site Erythema in Psoriasis (3,733 reports)
- Not Effective in Psoriasis (3,468 reports)
- Joint Aches in Psoriasis (2,263 reports)
- Headache in Psoriasis (2,240 reports)
- Injection Site Swelling in Psoriasis (2,202 reports)
- Rubor in Psoriasis (2,084 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Psoriasis (2,004 reports)
- Injection Site Pruritus in Psoriasis (1,717 reports)
- Injection Site Reaction in Psoriasis (1,713 reports)
Shingles related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.