Home > Psoriasis > Shingles > Psoriasis and Shingles
Would you have Shingles (Herpes zoster) when you have Psoriasis?
Summary: Shingles is found among people with Psoriasis, especially people who are female, 30-39 old, also have Psoriatic arthropathy, and take medication Enbrel.
We study 364 people who have Shingles (Herpes zoster) and Psoriasis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Psoriasis and Shingles >>>
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) (latest reports from 67,969 patients) can be treated by Humira, Enbrel, Methotrexate Sodium, Stelara, Clobetasol Propionate, Methotrexate.
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) (latest reports from 22,298 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma.
On Nov, 14, 2014: 364 people who have psoriasis and Shingles are studied.
Gender of people who have psoriasis and experienced Shingles * :
Age of people who have psoriasis and experienced Shingles * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Psoriatic arthropathy (85 people, 23.35%)
- Depression (27 people, 7.42%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 6.32%)
- Prophylaxis (20 people, 5.49%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (16 people, 4.40%)
- Angina pectoris (14 people, 3.85%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (10 people, 2.75%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 2.75%)
- Gout (10 people, 2.75%)
- Vitamin supplementation (8 people, 2.20%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Enbrel (171 people, 46.98%)
- Humira (100 people, 27.47%)
- Methotrexate (45 people, 12.36%)
- Remicade (44 people, 12.09%)
- Raptiva (41 people, 11.26%)
- Amevive (34 people, 9.34%)
- Stelara (29 people, 7.97%)
- Prednisolone (24 people, 6.59%)
- Folic acid (24 people, 6.59%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 5.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Psoriasis and Shingles?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Shingles and Psoriasis
- support group for people who have Psoriasis
- support group for people who have Shingles
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i use marijuana and valacyclovir hcl for shingles? interaction
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Shingles)
I have just found out that I have shingles. I am very nervous about this. I am wondering if I can have a glass of wine or smoke marijuana and what the interaction is. I have been prescribed Valacyclovir HCL. Thank you.
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- What drug can be substitute for metoprolol with psoriasis
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Psoriasis, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate)
My psoriasis got worse after being started on metoprolol in 2005. What drug can be substituted for metoprolol. My other medications for hypertension are losartan, chlorthalisone, nifedipine.
- Does having factor v leiden affect my ability to use the injection or pill for of psoriasis medication?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Factor V Leiden Mutation, Psoriasis)
I was diagnosed with Factor V Leiden after my miscarriage. During my second pregnancy, I had to take Lovenox(sp?) injections daily. After my pregnancy I developed Psoriasis. I have tried topical solutions with no luck. I am wanting to explorer stronger medication but when I asked my dermatologist, h ...
- Prolia injection, then 6-8 weeks following, shingles and uti
(Asked by a 74 year old woman who has Herpes Zoster, and takes Prolia)
First Prolia injection December, 2011, followed by Prolia injection every six months, last injection January, 2014. Developed Shingles late February 2012; still have constant pain, constant itching, 6 to 8 weeks following injection UTI. This past weekend has been the weekend from HELL.........low ...
More questions for: Psoriasis, Shingles
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My friend died of sepsis while having taken humera for a year.
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Humira)
My friend said she didn't feel good but was still active until about 20 hours before her death in the ICU on a ventilator from sepsis. She was just 55. This is a horror story. People are devastated.
- Psoriasis and flomax
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has BPH, Psoriasis, Sore Mouth, Cheeks, Gums And Lips, and takes Flomax)
I have been on Flomax for 4 years now and have been having a sore ulcerated mouth for about 3 years off and on. About six months ago I developed psoriasis on my scalp and have been using different medications described by my doctor.
Then three months ago I got a patch on my leg. I started looking ...
- Etanercept and irritability
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Irritability, Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthropathy For 55years., and takes Enbrel)
I have been on Etanercept for 8 years for Psoriasis. Previous to this I was on
Methotrexate, Cyclosporine, Retinodes and ACTH injections.Since being on 25mg twice a week I have been 98% clear.The only side effect to date is "Irritability" which lasts about 24hrs.
This Drug has been my saving grac ...
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Shingles, Tardive Dyskinesia)
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to ...
- Valtrex and warfarin
(Posted by a 89 year old man who has Shingles, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Valtrex)
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
More reviews for: Psoriasis, Shingles
- A study of side effects of Humira for a patient with Psoriasis. The patient has Blood In Semen, Inflamed Meatus
Comments: My urethral meatus has been red/inflamed for 4 months. I have applied various creams such as KETOISDIN AND CLOTRIMAZOLE to no avail. At first the meatus was rather sensistive to the touch and at times caused discomfort while clothed.Now it's appearance is better the redness isn't so pronounced and t ...
- A study of side effects of Hydrea for a patient with Psoriasis. The patient has Tiredness (feeling of tiredness)
Comments: I am tired but my eyes seem to be darker underneath. I look like I do if I'm unwell. I eat well and I haven't had alcohol since April and I don't smoke. My bloods are due again this Thursday. I started on 2 tablets then went to 3 now I'm back on 2 as my bloods were low on last test. My psoriasis hav ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Krill Oil, Cymbalta, Effexor, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a patient with Pain - Back, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Pain, Stress And Anxiety, Psoriasis. The patient has Body Temperature, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Muscle Cramps, Blood Cholesterol, Muscle Pain, Vision Problems, Exhaustion, Weight Bearing Difficulty, Depression, Skin - Dry, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue - Chronic, Stress And Anxiety, Autoimmune Disorder
Comments: Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Allergic Reactions. The patient has Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus)
Comments: I was taking prednisone for an allergic reaction. I had severe hives with itching and was hospitalized and put on prednisone 60 milligrams a day and tappered down 6 days after being in hospital, in the hospital I noticed blisters on the back of my right leg and I thought it was part of my allergic r ...
- A study of drug interactions between Betamethasone Valerate, Plaquenil for a patient with Psoriasis, Lupus. The patient has Pustular Psoriasis
Comments: I was presecribed Betacap for what appeared initially to be bad scalp psoriasis ( not then pustular). I was later diagnosed with cutaneous lupus ( other lesions etc on skin). I had some localised alopecia and initially the Betacap was, in my view, the drug that seemed to calm down the psoriasis enti ...
More related studies for: Psoriasis, Shingles
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Aspirin and Heart Rate
- Lower Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Since having my gallbladder removed, i have been having an ileum occur. does anyone know why this happens? i have celiac and never had a stomache or vomiting until the gladdbladder was removed.
i feel that the removal of the gallbladder has caused my s ... (2 hours ago)
- Is it ok to take fioricet and albuterol together?
I have been having bad headaches the pain is behind my yes ... (5 hours ago)
- I'm on two meds, can librium and diclofenac sodium be taken at the same time
Trying too find out if I can safely take these two drugs t ... (11 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (1 day ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole, Aspirin, Amlodipine Besylate And Atorvastatin Calcium, Prednisolone for a 40-year old woman who has Gout, Heart Attack, Lower Cholesterol, Rheumatoid Arthritis (8 minutes ago)
- Prozac, Vyvanse for a 47-year old woman who has Depression, ADHD (14 minutes ago)
- Pravastatin Sodium, Pantoprazole for a 59-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Triglycerides Abnormal (1 hour ago)