Would you have Shingles (Herpes zoster) when you have Psoriasis?
Summary: Shingles is found among people with Psoriasis, especially people who are female, 30-39 old, also have Psoriatic arthropathy, and take medication Enbrel.
We study 364 people who have Shingles (Herpes zoster) and Psoriasis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Psoriasis and Shingles >>>
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) can be treated by Humira, Enbrel, Methotrexate Sodium, Stelara, Clobetasol Propionate, Methotrexate. (latest reports from Psoriasis 67,969 patients)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma.(latest reports from Shingles 22,298 patients)
On Dec, 14, 2014: 364 people who have psoriasis and Shingles are studied.
Gender of people who have psoriasis and experienced Shingles * :
Age of people who have psoriasis and experienced Shingles * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Psoriatic arthropathy (85 people, 23.35%)
- Depression (27 people, 7.42%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 6.32%)
- Prophylaxis (20 people, 5.49%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (16 people, 4.40%)
- Angina pectoris (14 people, 3.85%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (10 people, 2.75%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 2.75%)
- Gout (10 people, 2.75%)
- Vitamin supplementation (8 people, 2.20%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Enbrel (171 people, 46.98%)
- Humira (100 people, 27.47%)
- Methotrexate (45 people, 12.36%)
- Remicade (44 people, 12.09%)
- Raptiva (41 people, 11.26%)
- Amevive (34 people, 9.34%)
- Stelara (29 people, 7.97%)
- Prednisolone (24 people, 6.59%)
- Folic acid (24 people, 6.59%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 5.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Psoriasis and Shingles?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Shingles and Psoriasis
- support group for people who have Psoriasis
- support group for people who have Shingles
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i use marijuana and valacyclovir hcl for shingles? interaction
I have just found out that I have shingles. I am very nervous about this. I am wondering if I can have a glass of wine or smoke marijuana and what the interaction is. I have been prescribed Valacyclovir HCL. Thank you.
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- What drug can be substitute for metoprolol with psoriasis
My psoriasis got worse after being started on metoprolol in 2005. What drug can be substituted for metoprolol. My other medications for hypertension are losartan, chlorthalisone, nifedipine.
- Does having factor v leiden affect my ability to use the injection or pill for of psoriasis medication?
I was diagnosed with Factor V Leiden after my miscarriage. During my second pregnancy, I had to take Lovenox(sp?) injections daily. After my pregnancy I developed Psoriasis. I have tried topical solutions with no luck. I am wanting to explorer stronger medication but when I asked my dermatologist, he said he didn't know how the meds would interact with my Factor v, so he would not prescribe them. Do you know if I am able to use the stronger meds if I have Factor V?
- Prolia injection, then 6-8 weeks following, shingles and uti
First Prolia injection December, 2011, followed by Prolia injection every six months, last injection January, 2014. Developed Shingles late February 2012; still have constant pain, constant itching, 6 to 8 weeks following injection UTI. This past weekend has been the weekend from HELL.........lower abdomen pain, UTI symptoms, antibiotic not helpful at this time. Plan to contact Doctor in am.
More questions for: Psoriasis, Shingles
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My friend died of sepsis while having taken humera for a year.
My friend said she didn't feel good but was still active until about 20 hours before her death in the ICU on a ventilator from sepsis. She was just 55. This is a horror story. People are devastated.
- Psoriasis and flomax
I have been on Flomax for 4 years now and have been having a sore ulcerated mouth for about 3 years off and on. About six months ago I developed psoriasis on my scalp and have been using different medications described by my doctor.
Then three months ago I got a patch on my leg. I started looking at medicines side effect. I found out on the internet last week that Flomax might be the culpert.
It has been one week since I stopped taking it and today my leg psoriasis is starting to fade away. Has not itched all day today. TYJ!
The patch on my scalp is doing the same. The scalp thickness has improved tremendously. I just hope I don't start having trouble with my BPH again, so for so good.
- Etanercept and irritability
I have been on Etanercept for 8 years for Psoriasis. Previous to this I was on
Methotrexate, Cyclosporine, Retinodes and ACTH injections.Since being on 25mg twice a week I have been 98% clear.The only side effect to date is "Irritability" which lasts about 24hrs.
This Drug has been my saving grace.
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to keep the Tardive Dyskinesia under control or to a few ticks finding my triggers and avoiding them. Like Caffeine, stress, and anxiety. I also had physical therapy and joined a gym. I also take an herbal supplement Relax and Sleep (4 yrs now) which helps a great deal. Recently, I developed shingles. The pain was unbearable and for some reason it triggered or aggravated Tardive Dyskinesia. I've been having inner tremors ever since and have had two bouts of Tardive Dyskinesia that borders on violent. I look like I'm having a seizure or Parkinsons. I always feel it coming on before it strikes. My chest muscles tighten and my arms and body are tense but I'm constantly moving. I can't speak and have difficulty walking when it occurs. My legs feel like weights. My face twitches, my eye winks and I can't swallow. Relax and sleep by natures made has been a life saver. It has melatonin, valerian root and chamomile. As a matter a fact I was in remission for a year. I only had subtle movements. I posted the discovery on youtube and other people have reported improvements. Mainly I wanted to know if the shingles triggered this episode because it effects the nerves? My grandmother developed alzheimer's late in life. I'm 49 years of age. Something is wrong. I can feel it.
- Valtrex and warfarin
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR to rise too high. ny comments ? Its Sunday. No need to say more.
More reviews for: Psoriasis, Shingles
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My urethral meatus has been red/inflamed for 4 months. I have applied various creams such as KETOISDIN AND CLOTRIMAZOLE to no avail. At first the meatus was rather sensistive to the touch and at times caused discomfort while clothed.Now it's appearance is better the redness isn't so pronounced and t ...
- I am tired but my eyes seem to be darker underneath. I look like I do if I'm unwell. I eat well and I haven't had alcohol since April and I don't smoke. My bloods are due again this Thursday. I started on 2 tablets then went to 3 now I'm back on 2 as my bloods were low on last test. My psoriasis hav ...
- Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- I was taking prednisone for an allergic reaction. I had severe hives with itching and was hospitalized and put on prednisone 60 milligrams a day and tappered down 6 days after being in hospital, in the hospital I noticed blisters on the back of my right leg and I thought it was part of my allergic r ...
- I was presecribed Betacap for what appeared initially to be bad scalp psoriasis ( not then pustular). I was later diagnosed with cutaneous lupus ( other lesions etc on skin). I had some localised alopecia and initially the Betacap was, in my view, the drug that seemed to calm down the psoriasis enti ...
More related studies for: Psoriasis, Shingles
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.