Would you have Muscle spasms when you have Psoriatic arthritis?
Summary: there is no Muscle spasms reported by people with Psoriatic arthritis yet.
We study people who have Muscle spasms and Psoriatic arthritis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Psoriatic arthritis and Muscle spasms >>>
Psoriatic arthritis (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop) can be treated by Humira, Enbrel, Methotrexate, Methotrexate Sodium, Sulfasalazine, Remicade. (latest reports from Psoriatic Arthritis 953 patients)
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Muscle spasms 55,745 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: No report is found.
Do you have Psoriatic Arthritis and Muscle Spasms?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Psoriatic arthritis
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have been in remission of dermatamyositus since 16yrs old i'm 37 now however i've since been diagnosed with chrones disease and psoritic arthritis, all immune diseases, is this a coincidence?? (1 answer)
I've had dermatamyiositus since I was 5 went into remission at 16, I've always been ill over the years but I've more recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and psoritic arthritis, from what I can tell all these diseases are immune diseases, is this an unlucky coincidence?? Or is my immune system compromised and will I continue to get immune problems
- Can sulfalazine cause bed wetting
I had been taking the Sulfalazine for around 6 months with no real side effects, Then twice in one week I lost control of my bladder while sleeping. This has never happened to me before. My GP took me off the sulfalazine and I was fine, He had thought they where causing some sort of convulsion while Sleeping. About 6 weeks later my GP rand and told me to go back on them as he no longer thought that they where causing the problem, 5 days in and it has just happened again, My bed and myself soaked, It's completley frustrating, Can any one please help with any suggestions?
- I am on humira and methotrexate for the last 6 years and have previously had oestomylelitis and i am now suffering with pain in the same ankle has anybody had a recurrence of bone infection whilst on (1 answer)
I have been on Humira and Methotrexate for about 5 year's and have had previously had ostiomylius in my left Ankle . I have been suffering with pain and swelling in the same Ankle and I have had a bone scan which shows activity in the bone and I am waiting to hear what happens next but I have no fever so I am sort of hoping that it won't be a bone infection .So has anybody else had oestomylelitis with out a fever. Would be grateful for any feed back thankyou .
- I am using 25 mg of methotrexate per week for my psoriatic arthritus. since i am also a shift worker and sometimes find it difficult to sleep, i now consider using 5-htp. will this combination work ok
I am a shift worker and consider using 5 HTP as something natural to help me sleep. I am also using 25mg Methotrexate per week as treatment for Psoriatic Arthritus. Will this combination work or will I cause more issues?
- Do patients that find enbrel not working so well have good results switching to humira?
I have been on Enbrel for 6 months. The first several weeks noticed no real improvement, then for about three weeks I was like a new person or the old me, it was wonderful. Then I had a flare and never regained the momentum from prior to the flair. Although it was still and improvement from pre-enbrel it's seems that every week it's effects lessen so We've decided to try Humira. I'm curious if others have had to change and if it was beneficial for them.
More questions for: Psoriatic arthritis, Muscle spasms
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing significant hair thinning at the second month of treatments (50 mg once per week). My Rhuematologist suggested 800 mcg of folic acid. I am still losing hair although I am feeling so much better.
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, sulfasalazine, etc. My best results came with methotrexate after I got cellulitis in my knee (scratch it while kayaking in the summer, fiberglass boat). It dropped my sed rate from over 100 to 35 or so within a few months. I continued with MTX from 1977 to 2000 when my MD suggested Enbrel and stopping MTX. That was a VERY bad decision. Enbrel appeared to mask the disease for a few years. I had my left MCP replaced in 2004, my right heel debrided in 2010, and both my TMJs replaced in 2012. I strongly believe that if I had kept with the MTX it would have delayed those changes. Additionally, in 2011 I was in a bus crash returning from RAGBRAI. I got knocked out from three to six minutes. I had a nasty concussion that lasted 2+ years. Towards the end of the third year post accident I started exercising more aggressively. After doing several 40, 50, and 60 miles rides, I took a leisurely 50 mile ride around Boston at night. Two days later I had a spinal edema. So much for biking and other active sports! :-(
I have continued with MTX. Late 2013 my MD increased my MTX to .8/week. I had been taking .6/week. I stopped taking Enbrel and switched to Humira in early 2014. I took it for a few months before my doc and I realized it was not doing any better than Enbrel. I tried Humira for three months but it did not seem to work any better than Enbrel. In early June I stopped Humira and waited a few weeks before I started Otezla. I stopped Oterzla on 9/15/14 because it made me depressed and allowed my morning stiffness to get much worse.
I started prednisone again from the start of July. By mid-August I told my MD that I was screaming louder than I ever had; my dog was very startled. I stopped it gradually over the next two weeks. Meanwhile, the Otezla made me feel awful.
My MD is going to get me onto another injectable that I take monthly. I forget its name.
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic arthritis yet to the best of my knowledge it is the same condition just a diffrent name which means all those studied have psoratic arthritis like me
also i have not been taking those medicines in the study yet i have the same condition so if you take me into account could be the oly conecction between all of us is the psorisis and psoratic arthritis and not the medicine
More reviews for: Psoriatic arthritis, Muscle spasms
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have had insomnia off and on all my life until I turned 40 and the I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis and I was tired all the time and I was sleeping a lot for me and it was good to be able to sleep. The doctor put me on Methotrexate and Enbrel and I could still sleep not as much as before ...
- I have IBS and have had bloating and gas pain in the past, but I'm taking Linzess which has kept it under control. I started taking Lefunomide 20 mg and within 12 hrs I had a severe case of gas pain and bloating that I couldn't get to go away and has lingered for 3 days
- I started remicade infusions on 9/30/14, the next day my wrist began to hurt; the following day the pain became unbearable. I have never had any problems with carpal tunnel in the past. Is this caused by the remicade infusion.
- Acne isn't severe in that it is vast, but what I do get is large spots that resemble whiteheads, but deep beneath the surface. They stick around for months without ever changing or coming to a head. Sometimes they itch.
My idea of severe weight gain: 25lbs in 6 weeks.
- Onset of symptoms started on third day of Savella Titration pack. Immediately stopped medicine (had the 3rd day am dose) by midday spasms and back pain severe, by 6pm unable to walk due to extreme pain. Sent to ER, no response to pain medicine, finally muscle relaxer allowed me to walk again. Sent h ...
More related studies for: Psoriatic arthritis, Muscle spasms
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.