Home > Pulmonary hypertension > Pruritus > Pulmonary hypertension and Pruritus
Would you have Pruritus (Itching) when you have Pulmonary hypertension?
Summary: Pruritus is found among people with Pulmonary hypertension, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Insomnia, and take medication Tracleer.
We study 130 people who have Pruritus (Itching) and Pulmonary hypertension from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Pulmonary hypertension and Pruritus >>>
Pulmonary hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery) (latest reports from 95,560 patients) can be treated by Revatio.
Pruritus (severe itching of the skin) (latest reports from 546,293 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 11,657 people who have pulmonary hypertension are studied. Among them, 130 (1.12%) have Pruritus.
Gender of people who have pulmonary hypertension and experienced Pruritus * :
Age of people who have pulmonary hypertension and experienced Pruritus * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Insomnia (9 people, 6.92%)
- Hypersensitivity (8 people, 6.15%)
- Pain (8 people, 6.15%)
- Anxiety (7 people, 5.38%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 5.38%)
- Asthma (7 people, 5.38%)
- Oedema (4 people, 3.08%)
- Back pain (4 people, 3.08%)
- Anaemia (4 people, 3.08%)
- Osteonecrosis (4 people, 3.08%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tracleer (102 people, 78.46%)
- Lasix (48 people, 36.92%)
- Coumadin (28 people, 21.54%)
- Spironolactone (24 people, 18.46%)
- Prednisone (20 people, 15.38%)
- Potassium chloride (17 people, 13.08%)
- Furosemide (17 people, 13.08%)
- Flolan (16 people, 12.31%)
- Aldactone (16 people, 12.31%)
- Ambien (16 people, 12.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pulmonary Hypertension and Pruritus?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Pruritus and Pulmonary hypertension
- support group for people who have Pulmonary hypertension
- support group for people who have Pruritus
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Can acute pre pyloric gastritis cause hemorrhoids?
(Asked by a 30 year old man who has Itching)
Itching,constipation, blood in stools,straining
the sensation of incomplete bowel evacuation.Burning sensation.
- Does anyone have sever itching at night
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Itching, and takes Verapamil Hcl)
severe stinging and itching more at night and increased urination during the night. Problem falling asleep and staying asleep. Also have weird dreams and sometimes breathleness
- I was diagnosed with low risk prostate cancer 6 years ago, and food allergies 4 years ago. i was told that with cancer, i should not be taking claritin.
(Asked by a 82 year old man who has Itching, and takes Claritin)
I have severe itching and forever scratching myself. I take Claritin to ease the itchiness. Since I also have prostate cancer, I was told that I should not be taking an antishistamine because it would cause cancer to spread. Any comments on that?
- I cut 1/3 of my oxycontin sr 15 mg pills in half, to minimize intake. any problem with that?
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Foot Edema, Low Back Pain, Itching, Short-Term Memory Loss, High Blood Pressure, Skin Lesions, and takes Atenolol, Doxazosin Mesylate)
Keflex for skin lesions.
Oxycontin has robbed me of short-term memory, and makes me tired. The foot Edema is so bad my big shoe hits the gas and brake pedals at the same time, so I can't drive with my shoe on.
I want Resiniferatoxin to permanently kill my low back pain, but the Opiate industry ...
More questions for: Pulmonary hypertension, Pruritus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Itching, Rash Generalised, and takes Kale)
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Itching skin caused by taking crestor
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Itching, and takes Rosuvastatin Calcium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium)
After taking Crestor for 4 months or so, raised small spots on my forearms. More itchy evening and night, tried cortisone creams no relief. Dr though it might be due to dry skin, but on researching on the internet found this sort of information pointing to the Crestor as a possible cause. I decided ...
More reviews for: Pulmonary hypertension, Pruritus
- A study of side effects of Herceptin for a patient with Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Itching
Comments: I've been on Herceptin 10 months. About 2 months ago, I started having sudden bouts of intense itchy skin that I cannot tolerate. It affects different places on my body; arms, chest, neck, back, legs, just about anywhere, and usually more than one place at same time. I generally wipe with a cool was ...
- A study of side effects of Valtrex for a patient with Shingles. The patient has Itching, Migraine (headache), Joint Stiffness, Muscle Stiffness (weakness and loss of muscle control due to nerve damage in brain), Stuffy Nose (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels)
Comments: Recurrent shingles for last 1-2 years with them now coming almost as soon as I am off the 7 days 3000 gram course. Two weeks ago during the 5th day of the 3000 per day, I awoke and the muscles of my lower extremities were so tight and rigid I could hardly bend to move. Painful to get around, could b ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec Allergy, B Complex Vitamin, Magnesium, Lepidium Meyenii for a patient with Allergy, Fatigue, Anemia, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos). The patient has Fever, Infertility Female, Vision Blurred, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Mood Swings, Hot Flashes, Skin Flaking, Skin - Dry, Itching, Itching - Burning Eyes, Urination - Difficulty With Flow, Urination - Excessive Volume, Urination - Excessive At Night, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Chronic Depression, Confusional State, Eye Movements - Uncontrollable, Dizziness, Chills, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath, Swelling Of Fingers, Eye Redness, Allergic Cough, Throat Irritation, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Headache, Edema, Swelling Face, Swollen Tongue, Throat Tightness
Comments: I keep having an allergic reaction while ONLY in my apartment. I've had these symptoms with (worsening over time) since moving in. I would like to know if I have a possible mold allergy because my place is very old and has no ventilation.
My symptoms such as the swelling, edema, throat tightness, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Cipro for a patient with Facial Swelling (lower Right Side, Next To Chin For An Unknown Reason Thought To Be A Blocked Salivary Gland). The patient has Itching, Itching, Abdominal Pain, Abdominal Cramps, Swollen Face, Swollen Lips, Swollen Tongue, Swollen Eyelid, Hives, Anaphylactic Shock
Comments: I went to the emergency room because I noticed that the bottom of my face was swollen on the right side next to my chin. I was not in any pain, but thought it was strange and because I had never noticed anything like that before. The doctor was not sure what was wrong with me, said he thought it was ...
- A study of drug interactions between Saw Palmetto, Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin E, Glucosamine, Calcium Citrate, Multivitamin, Clotrimazole, Metronidazole, Pantoprazole, Tamsulosin, Zetia for a patient with benign Enlargement Of The Prostate, Health, Skin Flaking, Pain - Joints, Blood Calcium Increased, Fungus Ball, Rosacea, Gerd, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Fungus Ball, Itching
Comments: It seems to me that the anal itching began shortly after I began taking Zetia. My doctor described it as caused by a fungus and prescribed Clotrimazole topical cream. He said to apply twice daily for one month, which I did. I am now into approximately month 3-4 and the itching continues. If I app ...
More related studies for: Pulmonary hypertension, Pruritus
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.