Home > Rheumatoid arthritis > Constipation > Rheumatoid arthritis and Constipation
Review: could Rheumatoid arthritis cause Constipation?
We study 200,061 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and social media. Among them, 779 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis and Constipation >>>
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) (latest reports from 307,554 patients) can be treated by Methotrexate, Methotrexate Sodium, Enbrel, Prednisone, Humira, Plaquenil.
Constipation (latest reports from 515,372 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 200,017 people who have rheumatoid arthritis are studied. Among them, 779 (0.39%) have Constipation.
Gender of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Constipation * :
Age of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Constipation * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (220 people, 28.24%)
- Hypertension (125 people, 16.05%)
- Pain (120 people, 15.40%)
- Vitamin supplementation (86 people, 11.04%)
- Prophylaxis (86 people, 11.04%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (66 people, 8.47%)
- Hypothyroidism (53 people, 6.80%)
- Depression (46 people, 5.91%)
- Restless legs syndrome (45 people, 5.78%)
- Arthralgia (38 people, 4.88%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Humira (436 people, 55.97%)
- Methotrexate (418 people, 53.66%)
- Folic acid (281 people, 36.07%)
- Enbrel (223 people, 28.63%)
- Prednisone (196 people, 25.16%)
- Remicade (155 people, 19.90%)
- Fosamax (127 people, 16.30%)
- Prednisolone (117 people, 15.02%)
- Celebrex (109 people, 13.99%)
- Aspirin (102 people, 13.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Constipation?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Constipation and Rheumatoid arthritis
- group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis
- group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results were normsl all in but kidney workup. We are trying to get to third week of methotrexate tx becausr the last uri which my ra dr treated immediately with snyibiotics my ra pain seemed much better I just had abdominal swelling and pressure on lungs thrn and yhis time entire body swelled dr rulled out ra it was edrma order err d tests with bed rest feet up over weekend causing edema to go away prior to echo and ultra sound. Tests were normal so went to pulmonologist to get help breathing and they were sfraid to use antibiotics just like my primary dr brgore they know nothing about my ra drugs so how am I supposed to stop this from going inyo pneumonia?
From this study (9 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
From this study (9 months ago):
Past distal injuries returning with increased pressure symptoms. Eye pain with movement. Increased pressure and pain with neck movement. Connective tissue disease - Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Sulfasalazine and the never ending menstrual cycle
I started this drug and never had menstrual problems begore. Within 3 months, I started my period and it never stopped even with stopping the drug for 3 mon ths. I ended up going my gyne and he prescribed megace. I had been bleeding for a total of 6 months. Made an appt with my rhuemy and explai ...
- Vasculitis from enbrel
I have deep scars on my legs from vasculitis. This was caused by Enbrel. Initially no one would connect the two: per my rheumatologist 'no one has ever reported vasculitis as a side effect of enbrel.' (2003)
I had to suspend the enbrel for 8 weeks in preparation for complex abdominal surgery. The ...
More reviews for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Constipation
Common treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms:
- Injection Site Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (16,706 reports)
- Arthritis - Rheumatoid in Rheumatoid arthritis (13,724 reports)
- Injection Site Erythema in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,861 reports)
- Stiffness In A Joint in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,425 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,838 reports)
- Pneumonia in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,787 reports)
- Skin Rash in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,466 reports)
- Frequent Headaches in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,971 reports)
- Lethargy in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,905 reports)
- Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,847 reports)
Constipation related symptom studies:
- Constipation in Blood pressure (2,747 reports)
- Constipation in Depression (2,363 reports)
- Constipation in Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (1,511 reports)
- Constipation in High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (1,978 reports)
- Constipation in Hypertension (3,027 reports)
- Constipation in Multiple sclerosis (1,503 reports)
- Constipation in Myeloma - multiple (1,757 reports)
- Constipation in Osteoporosis (3,306 reports)
- Constipation in Pain (3,215 reports)
- Constipation in Stop smoking (1,724 reports)
Rheumatoid Arthritis is also known as: Arthritis - rheumatoid, RA.
Constipation is also known as: Irregularity of bowels, Lack of regular bowel movements, Stool Softener, Stool softener needs.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.