Home > Rheumatoid arthritis > Diarrhea > Rheumatoid arthritis and Diarrhea
Review: could Rheumatoid arthritis cause Diarrhea?
We study 200,061 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and social media. Among them, 4,443 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis and Diarrhea >>>
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) (latest reports from 307,554 patients) can be treated by Methotrexate, Methotrexate Sodium, Enbrel, Prednisone, Humira, Plaquenil.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,105,125 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 200,048 people who have rheumatoid arthritis are studied. Among them, 4,443 (2.22%) have Diarrhea.
Gender of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Diarrhea * :
Age of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Diarrhea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (711 people, 16.00%)
- Pain (463 people, 10.42%)
- Osteoporosis (430 people, 9.68%)
- Prophylaxis (288 people, 6.48%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (257 people, 5.78%)
- Vitamin supplementation (238 people, 5.36%)
- Diabetes mellitus (194 people, 4.37%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (176 people, 3.96%)
- Hypothyroidism (166 people, 3.74%)
- Depression (131 people, 2.95%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Methotrexate (2,380 people, 53.57%)
- Humira (2,209 people, 49.72%)
- Enbrel (1,630 people, 36.69%)
- Folic acid (1,291 people, 29.06%)
- Remicade (1,063 people, 23.93%)
- Arava (1,028 people, 23.14%)
- Prednisone (920 people, 20.71%)
- Prednisolone (915 people, 20.59%)
- Fosamax (427 people, 9.61%)
- Leflunomide (378 people, 8.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Diarrhea?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Diarrhea and Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
B.R.Bahl on Nov, 25, 2012:
MY WIFE HAS BEEN USING fosavance 70 mg for the last 4 years without break.She feels fed up with the medicine,should she discontinue and use the one at monthly intervals.would you please reply which is the best medicine. Is there loss/damage if she discontinues.She feels no relief from the pain in the right side of her body.she takes pain killer medicine,doctor tell her to continue using till we are alive and forever.She feel difficulty to walk even upto few yards .She feel bodily and mentally weakness.will you pl tell her what she should do,continue to take or discontinue the medicine.
CC on Nov, 30, 2012:
I saw the same symptoms on Mystery Diagnosis. It was the patient’s thyroid. Have your wife go to a thyroid specialist.
From this study (2 years ago):
Ann on Oct, 18, 2012:
70 year old female, in FL, have taken fosamax for several years until it was making me sick, then switched to Actonel and stomach problems prompted me to switch to Boniva. Not sure if that is my problem but the less I eat the less I hurt, am down to eating pureed veg soup, protein & nutritional shakes, baby food, yogurt, applesauce, pudding, bananas, pureed veg soup, etc. After reading this will stop the Bonivia. I have very intense pain if I eat any solid food. It is the pits, quality of life has been reduced drastically. Diag: gastroparesis
From this study (2 years ago):
Dlae Alexander on Sep, 26, 2012:
is it safe to tale naproxen and zilpodem tartrate
I am male 65 yrs old and live in AZ City, AZ (the desert)
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Sulfasalazine and the never ending menstrual cycle
I started this drug and never had menstrual problems begore. Within 3 months, I started my period and it never stopped even with stopping the drug for 3 mon ths. I ended up going my gyne and he prescribed megace. I had been bleeding for a total of 6 months. Made an appt with my rhuemy and explai ...
- Vasculitis from enbrel
I have deep scars on my legs from vasculitis. This was caused by Enbrel. Initially no one would connect the two: per my rheumatologist 'no one has ever reported vasculitis as a side effect of enbrel.' (2003)
I had to suspend the enbrel for 8 weeks in preparation for complex abdominal surgery. The ...
More reviews for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Diarrhea
Common treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms:
- Injection Site Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (16,706 reports)
- Arthritis - Rheumatoid in Rheumatoid arthritis (13,724 reports)
- Injection Site Erythema in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,861 reports)
- Stiffness In A Joint in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,425 reports)
- Community-acquired Pneumonia in Rheumatoid arthritis (8,077 reports)
- Not Effective in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,838 reports)
- Rash in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,467 reports)
- Headache in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,045 reports)
- Fatigue in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,905 reports)
- Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,847 reports)
Diarrhea related symptom studies:
- Diarrhea in Arthritis - rheumatoid (4,443 reports)
- Diarrhea in Blood pressure (7,465 reports)
- Diarrhea in Blood triglycerides increased (3,938 reports)
- Diarrhea in Breast cancer (3,289 reports)
- Diarrhea in Depression (4,501 reports)
- Diarrhea in Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (4,230 reports)
- Diarrhea in Hbp (7,889 reports)
- Diarrhea in Inflammatory bowel disease - crohn's disease (3,665 reports)
- Diarrhea in Osteoporosis (4,399 reports)
- Diarrhea in Pain (4,529 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.