Home > Rheumatoid arthritis > Irritable bowel syndrome > Rheumatoid arthritis and Irritable bowel syndrome
Would you have Irritable bowel syndrome when you have Rheumatoid arthritis?
Summary: Irritable bowel syndrome is found among people with Rheumatoid arthritis, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Osteopenia, and take medication Methotrexate.
We study 142 people who have Irritable bowel syndrome and Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis and Irritable bowel syndrome >>>
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) (latest reports from 321,568 patients) can be treated by Methotrexate, Enbrel, Methotrexate Sodium, Humira, Prednisone, Plaquenil.
Irritable bowel syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome (latest reports from 71,713 patients) has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 200,070 people who have rheumatoid arthritis are studied. Among them, 141 (0.07%) have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Gender of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Irritable bowel syndrome * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||93.89%||6.11% |
Age of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Irritable bowel syndrome * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.84%||2.42%||12.90%||30.65%||50.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteopenia (34 people, 24.11%)
- Hypersensitivity (33 people, 23.40%)
- Depression (20 people, 14.18%)
- Osteoporosis (18 people, 12.77%)
- Sleep disorder therapy (9 people, 6.38%)
- Insomnia (7 people, 4.96%)
- Hypothyroidism (5 people, 3.55%)
- Asthma (5 people, 3.55%)
- Hysterectomy (5 people, 3.55%)
- Thyroidectomy (4 people, 2.84%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Methotrexate (79 people, 56.03%)
- Folic acid (67 people, 47.52%)
- Enbrel (59 people, 41.84%)
- Prednisone (56 people, 39.72%)
- Fosamax (46 people, 32.62%)
- Arava (42 people, 29.79%)
- Remicade (37 people, 26.24%)
- Humira (35 people, 24.82%)
- Leflunomide (33 people, 23.40%)
- Aspirin (31 people, 21.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Sulfasalazine)
I began taking sulfasalazine 5 days ago for Rheumatoid arthritis. Since then I've had stomach cramps and bloating. Has anyone else experienced these side effects? If so, did the symptoms go away after using taking the meds for a while? And did the meds help the RA symptoms?
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Is it possible to receive medical marijuana if you have spina bifida and controllable ibs?
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has IBS, Spina Bifida )
i need help figuring out the best pain relieving drug for my conditions. please respond if any information
- I am a 56 year old female with rheumatoid arthritis. i also have found out i have osteoporosis. i keep getting right breast sensitivity also tingling and tenderness in right scapula area...
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Hign Blood Pressure, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate)
I am a 56 year old female with tingling in my right shoulder blade and some tenderness. I have occasional breast discomfort in the same side and sometimes my rt. nipple feels sensitive. If I touch the area, the symptom on the nipple vanishes. at times the tingling travels into my neck and symptoms s ...
More questions for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Irritable bowel syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Headache after propofol
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has IBS, and takes Propofol)
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. Severe headache in evening and following day.
- Why has my bloodpresher now shot up
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Sulfadiazine)
My blood pressure was always low 120/68 now since being treated for rheumatoid arthritis it has shot up to 175/92
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Sulfasalazine and the never ending menstrual cycle
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Arthritis - Rheumatoid, and takes Sulfasalazine)
I started this drug and never had menstrual problems begore. Within 3 months, I started my period and it never stopped even with stopping the drug for 3 mon ths. I ended up going my gyne and he prescribed megace. I had been bleeding for a total of 6 months. Made an appt with my rhuemy and explai ...
More reviews for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Irritable bowel syndrome
- A study of side effects of Humira for a patient with RA. The patient has Depression, Suicidal Thoughts Anger, Uncontrollable Rage, Paranoia
Comments: over the last 6 month she has increasingly had fits of rage the most recent lasting for over 10 hours including paranoia, 2 suicide attempt . she attacked her husband cutting him on the face with car keys because her sister in law hugged him who was there with her own husband her brother to help cl ...
- A study of side effects of Plaquenil for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Dysphasia (language disorder marked by deficiency in the generation of speech)
Comments: HI, Ive had hpv for years without any issues. I first had the warts from my husband at the time (31 rs ago) when pregnant. It went away by itself (warts) after i had my son. Ive had paps over the years and always say low risk don't worry very mild form. Well i found out i have ra my ra factor number ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
Comments: I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
- A study of side effects of Plaquenil for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Asthma
Comments: I am a long standing chronic asthmatic, under a level of control, and for the last 10 years an inflammatory illness which can be very severe. I have, through my Consultant tried many DMARD treatments, all of them quickly causing an excaserbation of asthma. The only DMARD I seemed to tolerate was Pla ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Diflucan, Lexapro, Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a patient with Rash, Skin Infection - Yeast, Depression, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Rash Scaly
Comments: Hives started on left temple and right lower jaw bone. Next day started underneath my chin. Had some small bumps...itched, hurt. Two days later rash/hives spread to arms, hands, chest and around waist. I had small areas on both hands that resembled blisters. Tried Prednisone and after first rou ...
More related studies for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Irritable bowel syndrome
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.