Review: could Rheumatoid arthritis cause Memory impairment?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 8, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.1/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 199,774 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis. Among them, 1,173 experience Memory impairment (Memory loss). See who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 302,408 patients) are typically treated by Methotrexate, Methotrexate Sodium, Enbrel, Prednisone, Plaquenil, Humira.
Memory impairment (latest reports from 455,870 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, pain relief by acupuncture.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 199,774 people who have rheumatoid arthritis are studied. Among them, 1,173 (0.59%) have Memory Impairment. They amount to 0.26% of all the 455,859 people who have Memory Impairment.
Gender of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Memory impairment * :
|Memory impairment||85.49%||14.51% |
Age of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Memory impairment * :
|Memory impairment||0.00%||0.16%||0.00%||0.64%||4.89%||19.49%||27.51%||47.31% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory impairment||20.00%||56.00%||16.00%||8.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1,173 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (230 people, 19.61%)
- Pain (177 people, 15.09%)
- Depression (94 people, 8.01%)
- Osteoporosis (74 people, 6.31%)
- Gastric disorder (65 people, 5.54%)
- Insomnia (62 people, 5.29%)
- Prophylaxis (57 people, 4.86%)
- Hypothyroidism (54 people, 4.60%)
- Osteopenia (46 people, 3.92%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Methotrexate (643 people, 54.82%)
- Humira (566 people, 48.25%)
- Enbrel (496 people, 42.28%)
- Folic acid (329 people, 28.05%)
- Remicade (286 people, 24.38%)
- Prednisone (253 people, 21.57%)
- Omeprazole (164 people, 13.98%)
- Aspirin (115 people, 9.80%)
- Prednisolone (107 people, 9.12%)
- Leflunomide (89 people, 7.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Rheumatoid arthritis, Memory impairment
You can also:
Common treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Several months after starting xarelto short term memory losses became annoying, just normal things, but seemed more often. Now I have to write everything down and daughter has to go to appts with me because I can't remember what to say or what doctor said to do.
Have "fainted" 3 times unexpectedly, with no warning at all,and no memory,just what people around me say happened.
None of this happened until after I was put on xarelto.
From this study (10 months ago):
I have moments of confusion and things don't look right. I forget to finish things. I get confused about my whereabouts every once in a while.Small every day tasks I forget how to do. Things I do every day like taking the key out of the ignition.It comes back to me in a few minutes but I feel so stupid while it is happening.
From this study (1 year ago):
Enbrel was very effective for 5 out of 8 years, then barely relieved the worst symptoms.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does enbrel create pathological gambling
After starting with Enbrel in 2005 I have developed a pathological need to gamble. I have gambled more that 80k on scratch offs.
- Is it possible cinnamon cause temporal memory loss?
i am using Cinnamon about 4 years in my tea (almost 500mg per cup) More than 5,6 cups of tea in peer day
and i have short memory problem since last year
i get MRI Scan and it seems i have mild temporal lobe atrophy in both side most in left side,
i decided search about Cinnamon on the internet an ...
- Can a person take adipex if they are using embrol?
I have RA and it is very difficult to excerise the way I would like and I have some weight i would really love to loose around my stomach. Most doctors dont want a person taking them but im very intersted in finding out more and if I would be able to take them
More questions for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Memory impairment
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Epipen and memory loss
I have been constantly injected with epipen which has caused severe memory loss.
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Tamiflu on an 88 year old lady
My mother, Mrs. Bea, is currently in the hospital. We came due to her CHF but little did we know that the recent digestion of Tamiflu due to pre-Flu like conditions would have us in ICU. My mother has CHF and some renal failure but never any memory loss. When we entered the hospital via theER we wer ...
More reviews for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Memory impairment
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Calcium, CoQ-10, Losartan, Carvedilol, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Bumetanide, Methotrexate, Prednisone, Xarelto for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, Bone Strength And Calcium, Health, High Blood Pressure, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Fainting, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss)
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Sudden Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Enbrel for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Memory Impairment
More related studies for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Memory impairment
Recent Rheumatoid Arthritis related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Memory impairment
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.