Home > Rheumatoid arthritis > Myalgia > Rheumatoid arthritis and Myalgia
Review: could Rheumatoid arthritis cause Myalgia (Muscle aches)?
We study 200,061 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,248 have Myalgia (Muscle aches). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis and Myalgia >>>
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) (latest reports from 307,554 patients) can be treated by Methotrexate, Methotrexate Sodium, Enbrel, Prednisone, Humira, Plaquenil.
Myalgia (muscle pain) (latest reports from 505,803 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 200,017 people who have rheumatoid arthritis are studied. Among them, 1,248 (0.62%) have Myalgia.
Gender of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Myalgia * :
Age of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Myalgia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (156 people, 12.50%)
- Hypertension (156 people, 12.50%)
- Osteoporosis (98 people, 7.85%)
- Pain (96 people, 7.69%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (76 people, 6.09%)
- Vitamin supplementation (75 people, 6.01%)
- Arthralgia (67 people, 5.37%)
- Diabetes mellitus (54 people, 4.33%)
- Hypothyroidism (53 people, 4.25%)
- Depression (50 people, 4.01%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Methotrexate (712 people, 57.05%)
- Humira (677 people, 54.25%)
- Enbrel (530 people, 42.47%)
- Folic acid (368 people, 29.49%)
- Remicade (307 people, 24.60%)
- Prednisone (250 people, 20.03%)
- Prednisolone (236 people, 18.91%)
- Arava (136 people, 10.90%)
- Plaquenil (109 people, 8.73%)
- Omeprazole (107 people, 8.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Myalgia?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Myalgia and Rheumatoid arthritis
- group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis
- group for people who have Myalgia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (9 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
From this study (4 years ago):
Yaritza on Sep, 2, 2010:
Is It Okay To Take Centrum ( Mulitvitamin ) While Your On Prescription Medications Such As : Prednisone And Tarceva ?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I am a 56 year old female with rheumatoid arthritis. i also have found out i have osteoporosis. i keep getting right breast sensitivity also tingling and tenderness in right scapula area...
I am a 56 year old female with tingling in my right shoulder blade and some tenderness. I have occasional breast discomfort in the same side and sometimes my rt. nipple feels sensitive. If I touch the area, the symptom on the nipple vanishes. at times the tingling travels into my neck and symptoms s ...
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it?
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of ...
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
More questions for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Myalgia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Sulfasalazine and the never ending menstrual cycle
I started this drug and never had menstrual problems begore. Within 3 months, I started my period and it never stopped even with stopping the drug for 3 mon ths. I ended up going my gyne and he prescribed megace. I had been bleeding for a total of 6 months. Made an appt with my rhuemy and explai ...
- Vasculitis from enbrel
I have deep scars on my legs from vasculitis. This was caused by Enbrel. Initially no one would connect the two: per my rheumatologist 'no one has ever reported vasculitis as a side effect of enbrel.' (2003)
I had to suspend the enbrel for 8 weeks in preparation for complex abdominal surgery. The ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Myalgia
Common treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms:
- Injection Site Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (16,706 reports)
- Ra in Rheumatoid arthritis (13,724 reports)
- Injection Site Erythema in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,861 reports)
- Arthralgia in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,425 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,838 reports)
- Pneumonia in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,787 reports)
- Erythema in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,466 reports)
- Frequent Headaches in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,971 reports)
- Exhaustion in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,905 reports)
- Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,847 reports)
Myalgia related symptom studies:
Rheumatoid Arthritis is also known as: Arthritis - rheumatoid, RA.
Myalgia is also known as: Muscle aches, Muscle pain, Pain - muscles.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.