Review: could Rheumatoid arthritis cause Nail pitting?
We study 199,990 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Nail pitting. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis and Nail pitting >>>
Rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 321,166 patients) can be treated by Enbrel, Methotrexate, Methotrexate Sodium, Humira, Plaquenil, Prednisone.
Nail pitting (small dents on the surface of your nails) (latest reports from 287 patients) has been reported by people with psoriatic arthropathy, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression.
On Aug, 15, 2014: 199,985 people who have rheumatoid arthritis are studied. Among them, 7 (0.00%) have Nail Pitting. They amount to 2.44% of all the 287 people who have Nail Pitting on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Nail pitting * :
|Nail pitting||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Nail pitting * :
|Nail pitting||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00 |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Psoriatic arthropathy (1 people, 14.29%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (1 people, 14.29%)
- Pustular psoriasis (1 people, 14.29%)
- Psoriasis (1 people, 14.29%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Humira (5 people, 71.43%)
- Enbrel (2 people, 28.57%)
- Methotrexate (1 people, 14.29%)
- Fentanyl transdermal system (1 people, 14.29%)
- Cytomel (1 people, 14.29%)
- Synthroid (1 people, 14.29%)
- Rabeprazole sodium (1 people, 14.29%)
- Valsartan (1 people, 14.29%)
- Lamotrigine (1 people, 14.29%)
- Ergocalciferol (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Nail Pitting and Rheumatoid arthritis
- group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis
- group for people who have Nail Pitting
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
subcutaenous/soft tissue nodules that initialy present red, soft, tender and become smaller and firm until eventuallly resolving altogether
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Cannot rest for pain, never subsides
From this study (3 weeks ago):
I have been taking methotrexate 10 mg (one injection a week) since 2002. I was then under Metoject (Methotrexate) 10 mg and then 7.5 mg until February 2013 when I had mouth sores. I was told I had mouth cancer in April 2014 and has been operated mid May at the Pitie Salpetriere hospital in Paris.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Nail pitting
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Sulfasalazine and the never ending menstrual cycle
I started this drug and never had menstrual problems begore. Within 3 months, I started my period and it never stopped even with stopping the drug for 3 mon ths. I ended up going my gyne and he prescribed megace. I had been bleeding for a total of 6 months. Made an appt with my rhuemy and explai ...
- Vasculitis from enbrel
I have deep scars on my legs from vasculitis. This was caused by Enbrel. Initially no one would connect the two: per my rheumatologist 'no one has ever reported vasculitis as a side effect of enbrel.' (2003)
I had to suspend the enbrel for 8 weeks in preparation for complex abdominal surgery. The ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Nail pitting
Common treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms:
- Injection Site Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (16,706 reports)
- Ra in Rheumatoid arthritis (13,724 reports)
- Injection Site Erythema in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,861 reports)
- Bone And Joint Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,425 reports)
- Pneumonia in Rheumatoid arthritis (8,077 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,838 reports)
- Skin Rash in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,466 reports)
- Headache in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,969 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,904 reports)
- Hypnosis And Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,847 reports)
Nail Pitting related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.