Home > Rheumatoid arthritis > Night sweats > Rheumatoid arthritis and Night sweats
Review: could Rheumatoid arthritis cause Night sweats?
We study 200,061 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and social media. Among them, 565 have Night sweats. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis and Night sweats >>>
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) (latest reports from 307,554 patients) can be treated by Methotrexate, Methotrexate Sodium, Enbrel, Prednisone, Humira, Plaquenil.
Night sweats (sweating in night) (latest reports from 77,775 patients) has been reported by people with depression, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, high blood pressure, osteoporosis.
On Sep, 11, 2014: 200,010 people who have rheumatoid arthritis are studied. Among them, 565 (0.28%) have Night Sweats.
Gender of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Night sweats * :
|Night sweats||72.01%||27.99% |
Age of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Night sweats * :
|Night sweats||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.36%||4.41%||12.91%||37.32%||43.15% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Night sweats||7.69%||23.08%||61.54%||7.69% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (70 people, 12.39%)
- Hypertension (59 people, 10.44%)
- Pain (52 people, 9.20%)
- Restless legs syndrome (45 people, 7.96%)
- Vitamin supplementation (35 people, 6.19%)
- Prophylaxis (33 people, 5.84%)
- Hypothyroidism (23 people, 4.07%)
- Arthritis (21 people, 3.72%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (18 people, 3.19%)
- Nausea (15 people, 2.65%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Humira (365 people, 64.60%)
- Methotrexate (324 people, 57.35%)
- Prednisone (202 people, 35.75%)
- Enbrel (194 people, 34.34%)
- Folic acid (164 people, 29.03%)
- Remicade (106 people, 18.76%)
- Celebrex (101 people, 17.88%)
- Arava (80 people, 14.16%)
- Fosamax (61 people, 10.80%)
- Diovan (57 people, 10.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Night Sweats?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Night Sweats and Rheumatoid arthritis
- group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis
- group for people who have Night Sweats
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results were normsl all in but kidney workup. We are trying to get to third week of methotrexate tx becausr the last uri which my ra dr treated immediately with snyibiotics my ra pain seemed much better I just had abdominal swelling and pressure on lungs thrn and yhis time entire body swelled dr rulled out ra it was edrma order err d tests with bed rest feet up over weekend causing edema to go away prior to echo and ultra sound. Tests were normal so went to pulmonologist to get help breathing and they were sfraid to use antibiotics just like my primary dr brgore they know nothing about my ra drugs so how am I supposed to stop this from going inyo pneumonia?
From this study (6 months ago):
Wake up after about 4 hours sleeps, bathed in sweat and can 'to go back to sleep for a couple of hours.
From this study (9 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Night sweats
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Sulfasalazine and the never ending menstrual cycle
I started this drug and never had menstrual problems begore. Within 3 months, I started my period and it never stopped even with stopping the drug for 3 mon ths. I ended up going my gyne and he prescribed megace. I had been bleeding for a total of 6 months. Made an appt with my rhuemy and explai ...
- Vasculitis from enbrel
I have deep scars on my legs from vasculitis. This was caused by Enbrel. Initially no one would connect the two: per my rheumatologist 'no one has ever reported vasculitis as a side effect of enbrel.' (2003)
I had to suspend the enbrel for 8 weeks in preparation for complex abdominal surgery. The ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Night sweats
Common treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms:
- Injection Site Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (16,706 reports)
- Ra in Rheumatoid arthritis (13,724 reports)
- Injection Site Erythema in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,861 reports)
- Arthralgia in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,425 reports)
- Not Effective in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,838 reports)
- Community-acquired Pneumonia in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,787 reports)
- Skin Lesion in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,466 reports)
- Frequent Headaches in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,971 reports)
- Fatigue in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,905 reports)
- Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,847 reports)
Night Sweats related symptom studies:
Rheumatoid Arthritis is also known as: Arthritis - rheumatoid, RA.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Nose Bleeds
- Marijuana and Ileitis Aggravated
- Marijuana and Cervical Spondylosis
- Garcinia Cambogia and Cymbalta
- High Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Although I am now 65 and I have been taking 3000 mg o ... " (8 hours ago)
- "started on 15th Sep2014 with mild Fever, running/cong ... " (9 hours ago)
- "very tired most of day , daily functions being limite ... " (11 hours ago)
- Pain Exacerbated