Home > Rheumatoid arthritis > Night sweats > Rheumatoid arthritis and Night sweats
Review: could Rheumatoid arthritis cause Night sweats?
We study 200,070 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and social media. Among them, 567 have Night sweats. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis and Night sweats >>>
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) (latest reports from 321,150 patients) can be treated by Methotrexate Sodium, Methotrexate, Enbrel, Plaquenil, Humira, Prednisone.
Night sweats (sweating in night) (latest reports from 77,860 patients) has been reported by people with depression, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, high blood pressure, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 200,070 people who have rheumatoid arthritis are studied. Among them, 567 (0.28%) have Night Sweats.
Gender of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Night sweats * :
|Night sweats||72.08%||27.92% |
Age of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Night sweats * :
|Night sweats||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.35%||4.40%||13.03%||37.36%||43.01% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Night sweats||6.67%||20.00%||66.67%||6.67% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (70 people, 12.35%)
- Hypertension (59 people, 10.41%)
- Pain (52 people, 9.17%)
- Restless legs syndrome (45 people, 7.94%)
- Vitamin supplementation (35 people, 6.17%)
- Prophylaxis (33 people, 5.82%)
- Hypothyroidism (23 people, 4.06%)
- Arthritis (21 people, 3.70%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (18 people, 3.17%)
- Nausea (15 people, 2.65%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Humira (365 people, 64.37%)
- Methotrexate (324 people, 57.14%)
- Prednisone (203 people, 35.80%)
- Enbrel (194 people, 34.22%)
- Folic acid (165 people, 29.10%)
- Remicade (106 people, 18.69%)
- Celebrex (101 people, 17.81%)
- Arava (80 people, 14.11%)
- Fosamax (61 people, 10.76%)
- Diovan (57 people, 10.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Night Sweats?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Night Sweats and Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Night Sweats
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results were normsl all in but kidney workup. We are trying to get to third week of methotrexate tx becausr the last uri which my ra dr treated immediately with snyibiotics my ra pain seemed much better I just had abdominal swelling and pressure on lungs thrn and yhis time entire body swelled dr rulled out ra it was edrma order err d tests with bed rest feet up over weekend causing edema to go away prior to echo and ultra sound. Tests were normal so went to pulmonologist to get help breathing and they were sfraid to use antibiotics just like my primary dr brgore they know nothing about my ra drugs so how am I supposed to stop this from going inyo pneumonia?
From this study (8 months ago):
Wake up after about 4 hours sleeps, bathed in sweat and can 'to go back to sleep for a couple of hours.
From this study (11 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Night sweats
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- Sulfasalazine and the never ending menstrual cycle
I started this drug and never had menstrual problems begore. Within 3 months, I started my period and it never stopped even with stopping the drug for 3 mon ths. I ended up going my gyne and he prescribed megace. I had been bleeding for a total of 6 months. Made an appt with my rhuemy and explai ...
More reviews for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Night sweats
Common treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms:
- Injection Site Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (16,706 reports)
- Arthritis - Rheumatoid in Rheumatoid arthritis (13,724 reports)
- Injection Site Erythema in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,861 reports)
- Pain - Joints in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,425 reports)
- Pneumonitis in Rheumatoid arthritis (8,077 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,838 reports)
- Rash Generalised in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,480 reports)
- Headache in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,972 reports)
- Fatigue in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,905 reports)
- Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,847 reports)
Night Sweats related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.