Home > Rheumatoid arthritis > Pneumonia > Rheumatoid arthritis and Pneumonia
Review: could Rheumatoid arthritis cause Pneumonia?
We study 200,070 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and social media. Among them, 7,814 have Pneumonia. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis and Pneumonia >>>
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) (latest reports from 321,150 patients) can be treated by Methotrexate Sodium, Methotrexate, Enbrel, Plaquenil, Humira, Prednisone.
Pneumonia (latest reports from 759,481 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 200,070 people who have rheumatoid arthritis are studied. Among them, 8,077 (4.04%) have Pneumonia.
Gender of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Pneumonia * :
Age of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Pneumonia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (1,483 people, 18.36%)
- Osteoporosis (1,029 people, 12.74%)
- Prophylaxis (823 people, 10.19%)
- Pain (682 people, 8.44%)
- Insomnia (371 people, 4.59%)
- Vitamin supplementation (370 people, 4.58%)
- Depression (360 people, 4.46%)
- Diabetes mellitus (291 people, 3.60%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (289 people, 3.58%)
- Asthma (248 people, 3.07%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Methotrexate (6,284 people, 77.80%)
- Humira (4,182 people, 51.78%)
- Remicade (3,595 people, 44.51%)
- Prednisolone (2,945 people, 36.46%)
- Folic acid (2,878 people, 35.63%)
- Enbrel (2,471 people, 30.59%)
- Prednisone (1,920 people, 23.77%)
- Arava (884 people, 10.94%)
- Omeprazole (884 people, 10.94%)
- Aspirin (712 people, 8.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Pneumonia?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Pneumonia and Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Pneumonia
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Pneumonia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Sulfasalazine and the never ending menstrual cycle
I started this drug and never had menstrual problems begore. Within 3 months, I started my period and it never stopped even with stopping the drug for 3 mon ths. I ended up going my gyne and he prescribed megace. I had been bleeding for a total of 6 months. Made an appt with my rhuemy and explai ...
- Vasculitis from enbrel
I have deep scars on my legs from vasculitis. This was caused by Enbrel. Initially no one would connect the two: per my rheumatologist 'no one has ever reported vasculitis as a side effect of enbrel.' (2003)
I had to suspend the enbrel for 8 weeks in preparation for complex abdominal surgery. The ...
More reviews for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Pneumonia
Common treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms:
- Injection Site Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (16,706 reports)
- Ra in Rheumatoid arthritis (13,724 reports)
- Injection Site Erythema in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,861 reports)
- Arthralgia in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,426 reports)
- Community-acquired Pneumonia in Rheumatoid arthritis (8,077 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,838 reports)
- Rashes in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,480 reports)
- Headaches in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,046 reports)
- Tiredness in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,907 reports)
- Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,847 reports)
Pneumonia related symptom studies:
- Pneumonia in Arthritis - rheumatoid (7,814 reports)
- Pneumonia in Asthma (2,067 reports)
- Pneumonia in Blood pressure (4,830 reports)
- Pneumonia in Depression (2,300 reports)
- Pneumonia in Hypertension (5,147 reports)
- Pneumonia in Multiple myeloma (4,743 reports)
- Pneumonia in Multiple sclerosis (5,732 reports)
- Pneumonia in Osteoporosis (4,080 reports)
- Pneumonia in Pain (3,203 reports)
- Pneumonia in Prophylaxis nos (2,256 reports)
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Pneumonia
Recent Rheumatoid Arthritis related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Pneumonia
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.