Would you have Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus) when you have Rheumatoid arthritis?
Summary: Ringing in the ears is found among people with Rheumatoid arthritis, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hypothyroidism, and take medication Methotrexate.
We study 410 people who have Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus) and Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis and Ringing in the ears >>>
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) can be treated by Methotrexate, Enbrel, Methotrexate Sodium, Humira, Prednisone, Plaquenil. (latest reports from 218,651 Rheumatoid Arthritis patients)
Ringing in the ears
Ringing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,019 Ringing in the ears patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 410 people who have rheumatoid arthritis and Ringing In The Ears are studied.
Gender of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Ringing in the ears * :
|Ringing in the ears||84.03%||15.97% |
Age of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Ringing in the ears * :
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.73%||3.68%||20.56%||28.57%||45.45% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||52.63%||36.84%||10.53% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (78 people, 19.02%)
- Osteoporosis (73 people, 17.80%)
- Hypertension (47 people, 11.46%)
- Ulcer (32 people, 7.80%)
- Diabetes mellitus (28 people, 6.83%)
- Pain (23 people, 5.61%)
- Vitamin supplementation (20 people, 4.88%)
- Folate deficiency (14 people, 3.41%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (13 people, 3.17%)
- Gastric disorder (13 people, 3.17%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Methotrexate (221 people, 53.90%)
- Enbrel (194 people, 47.32%)
- Humira (178 people, 43.41%)
- Folic acid (123 people, 30.00%)
- Fosamax (96 people, 23.41%)
- Remicade (78 people, 19.02%)
- Synthroid (61 people, 14.88%)
- Prednisone (46 people, 11.22%)
- Omeprazole (45 people, 10.98%)
- Prednisolone (43 people, 10.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Comments for this study:
ArnieK (1 year ago):
Trying to find an anti inflammatory medicine for arthritis ( using Arthrotec ) that does not worsen tinititus.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of rheumatoid arthritis and ringing in the ears on
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Ringing In The Ears?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears and Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Atelvia, Remicade, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Synthroid, Escitalopram, Meclizine, Potassium Chloride, Sulfadiazine, Folic Acid, Omeprazole, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Osteonecrosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hot Flashes, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Low Thyroid, Anxiety, Vertigo. The patient has Hair Loss, Tmj Disorders, Dry Mouth
- A study of side effects of Orencia for a 58-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Microalbuminuria
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Vytorin, Spiriva, Imdur for a 66-year old woman with Low Thyroid, Depression, Cholesterol, Copd, Angina. The patient has Ringing In The Ears, Headache
- A study of side effects of Nasonex for a 50-year old woman with Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of side effects of Enbrel for a 47-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Retinitis Viral, Blurred Vision, Skin Disorder
Recent Rheumatoid Arthritis related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.