Home > Rheumatoid arthritis > Ringing in the ears > Rheumatoid arthritis and Ringing in the ears
Review: could Rheumatoid arthritis cause Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
We study 200,070 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and social media. Among them, 406 have Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis and Ringing in the ears >>>
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) (latest reports from 321,150 patients) can be treated by Methotrexate Sodium, Methotrexate, Enbrel, Plaquenil, Humira, Prednisone.
Ringing in the ears
Ringing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,378 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 200,070 people who have rheumatoid arthritis are studied. Among them, 406 (0.20%) have Ringing In The Ears.
Gender of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Ringing in the ears * :
|Ringing in the ears||83.93%||16.07% |
Age of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Ringing in the ears * :
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.75%||3.72%||20.79%||28.45%||45.51% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||60.00%||26.67%||13.33% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (78 people, 19.21%)
- Osteoporosis (73 people, 17.98%)
- Hypertension (46 people, 11.33%)
- Ulcer (32 people, 7.88%)
- Diabetes mellitus (27 people, 6.65%)
- Pain (22 people, 5.42%)
- Vitamin supplementation (20 people, 4.93%)
- Folate deficiency (14 people, 3.45%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (13 people, 3.20%)
- Gastric disorder (13 people, 3.20%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Methotrexate (219 people, 53.94%)
- Enbrel (194 people, 47.78%)
- Humira (178 people, 43.84%)
- Folic acid (123 people, 30.30%)
- Fosamax (96 people, 23.65%)
- Remicade (78 people, 19.21%)
- Synthroid (61 people, 15.02%)
- Prednisone (46 people, 11.33%)
- Omeprazole (45 people, 11.08%)
- Plaquenil (43 people, 10.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Comments for this study:
ArnieK (10 months ago):
Trying to find an anti inflammatory medicine for arthritis ( using Arthrotec ) that does not worsen tinititus.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears and Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
On enbrel 50mg/week injection-able. Have low back pain and ringing in ears has started up this past few weeks. could it be from enbrel use? (also use up to 4 ibuprophen/day)
From this study (2 years ago):
is this side effect serious and should i be conserned. will the ringing go away with discontinuing drug
From this study (3 years ago):
I received two Rituxan infusions two weeks apart with Methotrexate for my severe rheumatoid arthritis . Within two weeks of the last infusion I became severely ill with a virus suffering from Sinusitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, conjunctivitis, urinary & bowel pain, urinary incontinence & bloody urine. It took me 6 weeks and infusions of IVIG to recover. During the same time period I started having severe load and continuous tinnitus that hasn't gone away in 6 months. ENT specialist informed me that this type of drug can cause tinnitus and it may never go away. Also, I have experienced only 6 weeks without illness during the past 6 months. I do have Mannose Binding Lectin deficiency, Hashimoto's, Sjogren's, Raynaud's, & asthma and I am allergic to most medications including all antibiotics. The Rituxan did help my RA symptoms. I am very health conscious and take vitamin supplements.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Ringing in the ears
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Sulfasalazine and the never ending menstrual cycle
I started this drug and never had menstrual problems begore. Within 3 months, I started my period and it never stopped even with stopping the drug for 3 mon ths. I ended up going my gyne and he prescribed megace. I had been bleeding for a total of 6 months. Made an appt with my rhuemy and explai ...
More reviews for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Ringing in the ears
Common treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms:
- Injection Site Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (16,706 reports)
- Ra in Rheumatoid arthritis (13,724 reports)
- Injection Site Erythema in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,861 reports)
- Bone And Joint Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (10,425 reports)
- Pneumonitis in Rheumatoid arthritis (8,077 reports)
- Not Effective in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,838 reports)
- Skin Rash in Rheumatoid arthritis (7,480 reports)
- Pain - Head in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,972 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,905 reports)
- Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,847 reports)
Ringing In The Ears related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.