Home > Rheumatoid arthritis > Stomach pain > Rheumatoid arthritis and Stomach pain
Would you have Stomach pain (Abdominal pain) when you have Rheumatoid arthritis?
Summary: Stomach pain is found among people with Rheumatoid arthritis, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Methotrexate.
We study 2,185 people who have Stomach pain (Abdominal pain) and Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis and Stomach pain >>>
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) (latest reports from 321,568 patients) can be treated by Methotrexate, Enbrel, Methotrexate Sodium, Humira, Prednisone, Plaquenil.
Stomach pain (latest reports from 621,171 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, depression.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 200,070 people who have rheumatoid arthritis are studied. Among them, 2,184 (1.09%) have Stomach Pain.
Gender of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Stomach pain * :
|Stomach pain||80.87%||19.13% |
Age of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Stomach pain * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.39%||0.51%||2.47%||7.31%||15.48%||28.24%||45.64% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||25.00%||58.33%||16.67% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (346 people, 15.84%)
- Pain (292 people, 13.37%)
- Prophylaxis (179 people, 8.20%)
- Osteoporosis (176 people, 8.06%)
- Depression (112 people, 5.13%)
- Vitamin supplementation (100 people, 4.58%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (100 people, 4.58%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (83 people, 3.80%)
- Diabetes mellitus (76 people, 3.48%)
- Insomnia (73 people, 3.34%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Methotrexate (1,418 people, 64.93%)
- Humira (1,215 people, 55.63%)
- Enbrel (701 people, 32.10%)
- Folic acid (685 people, 31.36%)
- Prednisone (562 people, 25.73%)
- Prednisolone (429 people, 19.64%)
- Remicade (400 people, 18.32%)
- Arava (322 people, 14.74%)
- Omeprazole (231 people, 10.58%)
- Voltaren (179 people, 8.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Stomach Pain?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain and Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Sulfasalazine)
I began taking sulfasalazine 5 days ago for Rheumatoid arthritis. Since then I've had stomach cramps and bloating. Has anyone else experienced these side effects? If so, did the symptoms go away after using taking the meds for a while? And did the meds help the RA symptoms?
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- I am a 56 year old female with rheumatoid arthritis. i also have found out i have osteoporosis. i keep getting right breast sensitivity also tingling and tenderness in right scapula area...
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Hign Blood Pressure, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate)
I am a 56 year old female with tingling in my right shoulder blade and some tenderness. I have occasional breast discomfort in the same side and sometimes my rt. nipple feels sensitive. If I touch the area, the symptom on the nipple vanishes. at times the tingling travels into my neck and symptoms s ...
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
More questions for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Stomach pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Why has my bloodpresher now shot up
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Sulfadiazine)
My blood pressure was always low 120/68 now since being treated for rheumatoid arthritis it has shot up to 175/92
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Sulfasalazine and the never ending menstrual cycle
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Arthritis - Rheumatoid, and takes Sulfasalazine)
I started this drug and never had menstrual problems begore. Within 3 months, I started my period and it never stopped even with stopping the drug for 3 mon ths. I ended up going my gyne and he prescribed megace. I had been bleeding for a total of 6 months. Made an appt with my rhuemy and explai ...
- Vasculitis from enbrel
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Enbrel)
I have deep scars on my legs from vasculitis. This was caused by Enbrel. Initially no one would connect the two: per my rheumatologist 'no one has ever reported vasculitis as a side effect of enbrel.' (2003)
I had to suspend the enbrel for 8 weeks in preparation for complex abdominal surgery. The ...
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Month Long Periods Or Longer, Menstrual Cramps, Mild Endometriosis , Uterine Cyst, Vaginal Swelling , Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods, Inclusion Cyst, Abdominal Pain, and takes Norethindrone Acetate, Paragard T 380a)
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so par ...
More reviews for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Stomach pain
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Joint Stiffness
Comments: Also multifocal cortitis
- A study of drug interactions between Clinoril, Orencia for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Light Sensitivity
Comments: The sensitivity seems worse in the fall/winter months of the year. When in sunlight, I struggle to keep my eyes open.
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Neck Pain, Headache (pain in head), Diarrhea, Pain - Abdomen, Inflammatory Pain
Comments: There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- A study of side effects of Cartia Xt for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: have been feeling stomach pain and soft to diareah. sometimes color orange or beige
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Arava for a patient with Blood Pressure, Lower Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hiv Test Positive
Comments: Also take Aspirin 81 mg daily
More related studies for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Stomach pain
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.