Home > Rheumatoid arthritis > Sweating - excessive > Rheumatoid arthritis and Sweating - excessive
Would you have Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis) when you have Rheumatoid arthritis?
Summary: Sweating - excessive is found among people with Rheumatoid arthritis, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Methotrexate.
We study 1,239 people who have Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis) and Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis and Sweating - excessive >>>
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) (latest reports from 218,505 patients) can be treated by Methotrexate, Methotrexate Sodium, Enbrel, Prednisone, Humira, Plaquenil.
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) (latest reports from 42,617 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 1,239 people who have rheumatoid arthritis and Sweating - Excessive are studied.
Gender of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Sweating - excessive * :
|Sweating - excessive||74.68%||25.32% |
Age of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Sweating - excessive * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||0.08%||2.54%||7.24%||13.01%||39.49%||37.64% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||15.38%||53.85%||30.77% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (155 people, 12.51%)
- Pain (107 people, 8.64%)
- Depression (76 people, 6.13%)
- Osteoporosis (70 people, 5.65%)
- Vitamin supplementation (54 people, 4.36%)
- Anxiety (53 people, 4.28%)
- Fibromyalgia (49 people, 3.95%)
- Prophylaxis (48 people, 3.87%)
- Hypothyroidism (46 people, 3.71%)
- Diabetes mellitus (39 people, 3.15%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Methotrexate (671 people, 54.16%)
- Humira (583 people, 47.05%)
- Enbrel (499 people, 40.27%)
- Remicade (351 people, 28.33%)
- Folic acid (347 people, 28.01%)
- Prednisone (285 people, 23.00%)
- Arava (148 people, 11.95%)
- Prednisolone (119 people, 9.60%)
- Plaquenil (109 people, 8.80%)
- Omeprazole (94 people, 7.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Comments for this study:
Carol (4 months ago):
I feel your agony! I started with sweating and heat sensitivity back in my mid-40's, but it was mild then. I thought it was just my age. Years later, it became much worse and my heart went crazy. I was diagnosed with tachycardia. I was sent from one doctor to another and they all thought I had a neuroendocrine type tumor secreting high levels of norpinephrine. Years later, I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia but now, they are thinking I have RA or Psoriatic Arthritis. Before all this, another doctor thought I might have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS). Since then, I've learned there is a link between POTS and RA, PSA, and Fibro. I sweat for no reason. I sweat more if I just "stand," versus walking, but the worst is standing or walking or even sitting when the heat and humidity (or dewpoint) becomes high. It's a nightmare! I have to keep the house freezing cold, freeze my co-workers to death at the office. (I had a hysterectomy at age 22 so menopause has never been the culprit.) Sweat just pours out of me and all over! You might check out POTS---not that you'll ever get any relief for it!
Reply the comment
kaytech59 (2 years ago):
I'm a 60 yo white female, p Iost menopausal since 1995.I live outside of Chicago.I've had RA for 30 years. I'm 5'1" and wieght 190#.
I had right knee replaced 3 years ago. After this first surgery, my RA got worst and I couldn't return to work.My lower back pain got worst. Two years ago I woke up one morning and my left leg was numb. I was diagnosised with spinal stenosis and had 2 back surgeries to rebuild and fuse my back.That leg never came back.After this, I noticed I was sweating more than usual. Last year, I had my other knee replaced.I sweat as if I was going through the change again: hot liquids, walking across the room or worst, exercise! I'll be drenched completely, hair, waistband,back just dripping in sweat.I've recently had lab work, everything is normal. I stopped Cymbalta and the only other things that may cause sweating is my 10mg prednisone and 40mg Arava, daily. Is there anything I can do? I'm trying to watch my weight and possibly lose. I sweat getting dress! I need help!
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sweating - Excessive?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive and Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid arthritis
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Sulfasalazine)
I began taking sulfasalazine 5 days ago for Rheumatoid arthritis. Since then I've had stomach cramps and bloating. Has anyone else experienced these side effects? If so, did the symptoms go away after using taking the meds for a while? And did the meds help the RA symptoms?
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- Can you split the tablet of limitical 200mg?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Sweating - Excessive, and takes Ritalin La)
I have taken 150mg or 200mg of lamitical for 25 years. I am now spliting the 200 tablet in half to make 300mg. Started sweating big time.
- I am a 56 year old female with rheumatoid arthritis. i also have found out i have osteoporosis. i keep getting right breast sensitivity also tingling and tenderness in right scapula area...
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Hign Blood Pressure, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate)
I am a 56 year old female with tingling in my right shoulder blade and some tenderness. I have occasional breast discomfort in the same side and sometimes my rt. nipple feels sensitive. If I touch the area, the symptom on the nipple vanishes. at times the tingling travels into my neck and symptoms s ...
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
More questions for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Sweating - excessive
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Why has my bloodpresher now shot up
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Sulfadiazine)
My blood pressure was always low 120/68 now since being treated for rheumatoid arthritis it has shot up to 175/92
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Heavy sweating during sleep
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Stent 3 Years Ago RCA, Heart Attack, Prostate Infection, Fractures Nonunion, Tachycardia, Low Blood Pressure, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Saw Palmetto Berry, Valium, Norco, Soma)
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Sulfasalazine and the never ending menstrual cycle
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Arthritis - Rheumatoid, and takes Sulfasalazine)
I started this drug and never had menstrual problems begore. Within 3 months, I started my period and it never stopped even with stopping the drug for 3 mon ths. I ended up going my gyne and he prescribed megace. I had been bleeding for a total of 6 months. Made an appt with my rhuemy and explai ...
- Vasculitis from enbrel
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Enbrel)
I have deep scars on my legs from vasculitis. This was caused by Enbrel. Initially no one would connect the two: per my rheumatologist 'no one has ever reported vasculitis as a side effect of enbrel.' (2003)
I had to suspend the enbrel for 8 weeks in preparation for complex abdominal surgery. The ...
More reviews for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Sweating - excessive
- A study of side effects of Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Aortic Aneurysm Rupture (enlarged aortic artery rapture caused by a weakening of the artery wall)
Comments: upset stomach. extreme weight loss, 50 pounds in 4 months. muscle weakness, confusion, unsteady gait. stomach pain, anemic, need of blood transfusion, dry mouth, extreme tiredness, unable to eat or drink.
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
Comments: Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- A study of side effects of Humira for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Allergic Reactions
Comments: I have been taking Humira for 6-1/2 months. All of a sudden about a month ago I developed a new Type 2 Allergic reaction to Bananas. I always ate bananas. It is a latex like reaction after ingesting from what I read on the internet. I have not been feeling well and do not eat often because I don ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Synthroid, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a patient with Enzyme Supplementation, Thyroid Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Memory Impairment
Comments: I find I can read something but have a difficult time relating what I have just read to another person. Although I understand what I have read, I just seem to have great difficulty putting it into words to relate
- A study of drug interactions between Sulfasalazine, Clonidine, Actemra, Arava for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Blood Pressure. The patient has Many Sores On Face And In Nose, Bleeding From Ear, Back Of Head And Neck Looked Like It Had Been Shreeded
Comments: The resulting cause of the ulcerations is a large amount of fluid under the skin. This fluid creates enough pressure that it has to be expressed whenever you can't stand the pain anymore. The fluid is clear and dries yellow. It appears that it also has crystals when dried.
The reaction of thes ...
More related studies for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Sweating - excessive
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- B Complex Vitamin
- Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid)
- Elevated Liver Enzymes
- What is the time space for taking l-thyroxine and pantoprazole am dose
also taking Panioprazole in am forty-five minutes before b ... (4 hours ago)
- How long does it take for pyelonphritis to recover in pregnancy
I am suffering from pyelonphritis for a month now + also h ... (8 hours ago)
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months
Answer: I suspect the onion type bo is from the Xarelto. I recentl ... (12 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Atorvastatin Calcium, Cozaar, Atenolol for a 67-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure (2 minutes ago)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid), B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Quercetin-3-rhamnoglucoside, Antarctic Krill Oil, Wellbutrin Xl for a 49-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis, Depression (28 minutes ago)
- Mirena for a 36-year old woman who has Contraception (1 hour ago)