Review: could Rheumatoid arthritis cause Vertigo?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 9, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 199,778 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis. Among them, 4,255 experience Vertigo (Dizziness). See who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 302,675 patients) are typically treated by Methotrexate, Methotrexate Sodium, Enbrel, Prednisone, Humira, Plaquenil.
Vertigo (latest reports from 1,268,038 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 199,774 people who have rheumatoid arthritis are studied. Among them, 4,257 (2.13%) have Vertigo. They amount to 0.34% of all the 1,263,480 people who have Vertigo.
Gender of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Vertigo * :
Age of people who have rheumatoid arthritis and experienced Vertigo * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4,257 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (601 people, 14.12%)
- Pain (471 people, 11.06%)
- Osteoporosis (378 people, 8.88%)
- Hypothyroidism (248 people, 5.83%)
- Vitamin supplementation (206 people, 4.84%)
- Prophylaxis (193 people, 4.53%)
- Depression (156 people, 3.66%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (146 people, 3.43%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (128 people, 3.01%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Methotrexate (2,352 people, 55.25%)
- Humira (2,162 people, 50.79%)
- Enbrel (1,763 people, 41.41%)
- Folic acid (1,288 people, 30.26%)
- Remicade (968 people, 22.74%)
- Prednisone (927 people, 21.78%)
- Prednisolone (564 people, 13.25%)
- Arava (514 people, 12.07%)
- Aspirin (362 people, 8.50%)
- Plaquenil (360 people, 8.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Rheumatoid arthritis, Vertigo
You can also:
Common treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
Sudden onset, lasted for 6 hours
From this study (2 years ago):
Trish on Jul, 24, 2012:
Can i take biotin on the day of taking methotrexate
Angie on Aug, 10, 2012:
I have to call into question the results of this 'study.' Norvasc is used for hypertension, but not high cholesterol or triglycerides. It can also be used as treatment for Raynaud's.
From this study (4 years ago):
After almost one year taking Plaquenil, the uv sensitivity has just started happening. I had an attack of vestibular neuritis 7 months ago and it has not resolved despite rehabilitation.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Vertigo
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Plaquenil, Diflucan, Etodolac, Nexium, Menest for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Vaginitis, Gerd, Artificial Menopause. The patient has Vertigo (Dizziness), Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Plaquenil, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Citrate for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Localised Osteoarthritis, Hypothyroidism, Cramps - Muscle, Mood Swings. The patient has Nickel Sensitivity, Vertigo (Dizziness)
More related studies for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Vertigo
Recent Rheumatoid Arthritis related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Rheumatoid arthritis, Vertigo
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.