Would you have Shingles (Herpes zoster) when you have Rosacea?
Summary: Shingles is reported only by a few people with Rosacea.
We study 3 people who have Shingles (Herpes zoster) and Rosacea from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Rosacea and Shingles >>>
Rosacea (a skin condition that causes facial redness) can be treated by Oracea, Doxycycline Hyclate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Doxycycline, Metrogel, Metronidazole. (latest reports from Rosacea 2,523 patients)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma.(latest reports from Shingles 22,298 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 3 people who have rosacea and Shingles are studied.
Gender of people who have rosacea and experienced Shingles * :
Age of people who have rosacea and experienced Shingles * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (1 people, 33.33%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Metrogel (1 people, 33.33%)
- Solodyn (1 people, 33.33%)
- Exforge (1 people, 33.33%)
- Chantix (1 people, 33.33%)
- Aspirin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Accutane (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rosacea and Shingles?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Shingles and Rosacea
- support group for people who have Rosacea
- support group for people who have Shingles
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i use marijuana and valacyclovir hcl for shingles? interaction
I have just found out that I have shingles. I am very nervous about this. I am wondering if I can have a glass of wine or smoke marijuana and what the interaction is. I have been prescribed Valacyclovir HCL. Thank you.
- Prolia injection, then 6-8 weeks following, shingles and uti
First Prolia injection December, 2011, followed by Prolia injection every six months, last injection January, 2014. Developed Shingles late February 2012; still have constant pain, constant itching, 6 to 8 weeks following injection UTI. This past weekend has been the weekend from HELL.........lower abdomen pain, UTI symptoms, antibiotic not helpful at this time. Plan to contact Doctor in am.
- Can shingles result in unilateral ptosis, ear pain and swallowing issues? i get recurring shingles on my face every 2 or 3 weeks.
I have recurring shingles on my forehead and jaw about every 3 weeks on the right side for the last 15 years. Over the last year I've developed unilateral partial ptosis, sensor I neural hearing loss with ear pain and a sort of delay in swallowing all on the opposite side. I am wondering if they are related as the eyelid seems to be more aggravated when I have a breakout.
- Severe leg pain with waling or movement also weakness is this related to tendon damage from valacyclovir?
Also taking oral transmucosal Fentanyl Citrate for intrapped femerol nerve from
pelvic bone lesions. Many allergies to medications
- I have shingles. been on valacyclovir 500mg, 6 pills daily, for 5 days, and haven't noticed any imrovement. is this normal?
Was diagnosed with shingles 5 days ago, but about a week after the first signs, which, at the time, I didn't know were early shingles signs. They started with a dull aching pain on the right side of my abdomen, followed a few days later by the gradual appearance of rash. About 4 days after rash started developing I went to the doctor, 'cause things weren't getting any better - only worse. It was then I was diagnosed promptly with shingles and put promptly on 500mg valacyclovir which I started taking right away. (2 pills, 3 times daily). Since then I badly injured my left hand at work, requiring stitches, so I'm thinking that could be compromising my body's ability to fight the virus. I'm also prone to stress and anxiety. Hand is healing nicely, but the shingles pain and rash continue as I type this. Also, just over the last 2 hours approx., I've begun to feel spasm-like pain around my right shoulder blade. Any explanation for that? Typed Saturday Sept. 21, '13 circa 8 PM
More questions for: Rosacea, Shingles
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to keep the Tardive Dyskinesia under control or to a few ticks finding my triggers and avoiding them. Like Caffeine, stress, and anxiety. I also had physical therapy and joined a gym. I also take an herbal supplement Relax and Sleep (4 yrs now) which helps a great deal. Recently, I developed shingles. The pain was unbearable and for some reason it triggered or aggravated Tardive Dyskinesia. I've been having inner tremors ever since and have had two bouts of Tardive Dyskinesia that borders on violent. I look like I'm having a seizure or Parkinsons. I always feel it coming on before it strikes. My chest muscles tighten and my arms and body are tense but I'm constantly moving. I can't speak and have difficulty walking when it occurs. My legs feel like weights. My face twitches, my eye winks and I can't swallow. Relax and sleep by natures made has been a life saver. It has melatonin, valerian root and chamomile. As a matter a fact I was in remission for a year. I only had subtle movements. I posted the discovery on youtube and other people have reported improvements. Mainly I wanted to know if the shingles triggered this episode because it effects the nerves? My grandmother developed alzheimer's late in life. I'm 49 years of age. Something is wrong. I can feel it.
- Valtrex and warfarin
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR to rise too high. ny comments ? Its Sunday. No need to say more.
- Spironolactone caused meibomian gland dysfunction
I started taking spironolactone to help with hormonal acne. I took 1 pill for 3 months without any noticeable problems. Then my dermatologist increased to 2X/day. Within 1 week the glands in my eyes (meibomian glands) completely clogged up and caused severe dry eye. I continued taking the spironolactone for 6 weeks and my eyes didn't get any better (at the time I didn't know there was a connection to the med). I did some research on line and found out the spironolactone can actually cause this problem. I completely stopped the spironolactone and after 1 month my eyes are better.
More reviews for: Rosacea, Shingles
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- I was taking prednisone for an allergic reaction. I had severe hives with itching and was hospitalized and put on prednisone 60 milligrams a day and tappered down 6 days after being in hospital, in the hospital I noticed blisters on the back of my right leg and I thought it was part of my allergic r ...
- I recently stopped taking my daily Forteo daily injection 4 days ago after being on it for 2 years. Recently I started experiencing memory loss for activities that had occurred in the last 24-48 hours. I realized this after reading detailed emails that I sent, which I don't recall writing. I have co ...
- I had an open fracture of my left ring finger at the er had 10 stitches, the next day consulted an orthopedic hand specialist who recommended waiting 2 weeks to see how my skin healed and then scheduled surgery to pin the finger. completed all the PT and the tip (DIP) doesn't move more than 15%. r ...
- Diarrhea seemed to be related to stress and foods I ate. Therefore the nexium. It was not constant but sporadic, yet severe when it did hit. Total clean out with shakes, sweating, clamminess, etc. Nexuim seemed to help. Ibuprofen was taken inconsistently also. When headaches came monthly or when my ...
More related studies for: Rosacea, Shingles
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.