Would you have Dysarthria (Speech impairment (adult)) when you have Seizures?
Summary: Dysarthria is reported only by a few people with Seizures.
We study 2 people who have Dysarthria (Speech impairment (adult)) and Seizures from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Seizures and Dysarthria >>>
Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain) can be treated by Keppra, Dilantin, Lamictal, Tegretol, Topamax, Trileptal. (latest reports from Seizures 2,052 patients)
Dysarthria (speech disorder) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Dysarthria 31,170 patients)
On Dec, 22, 2014: 2 people who have seizures and Dysarthria are studied.
Gender of people who have seizures and experienced Dysarthria * :
Age of people who have seizures and experienced Dysarthria * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes (1 people, 50.00%)
- Stroke symptom (1 people, 50.00%)
- Bone density decreased (1 people, 50.00%)
- Sleep (1 people, 50.00%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 50.00%)
- Neuropathy (1 people, 50.00%)
- Headache - migraine with aura (1 people, 50.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Insulin (1 people, 50.00%)
- Glucophage (1 people, 50.00%)
- Asa (1 people, 50.00%)
- Dilantin (1 people, 50.00%)
- Fosamax (1 people, 50.00%)
- Imitrex (1 people, 50.00%)
- Zoloft (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lyrica (1 people, 50.00%)
- Xanax (1 people, 50.00%)
- Ambien (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Seizures and Dysarthria?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Dysarthria and Seizures
- support group for people who have Seizures
- support group for people who have Dysarthria
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have juvenile myoclonic epilepsy, i feel like the medicine isn't helping me at all. i was wondering if medical marijuana has helped anyone with this, or has anything information that i can read?
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Seizures)
The medicine my doctor has been having me take makes me moody, not wanting sex, tired, not hungry, among other things; I don't like how much this medicine has changed me and needed some help with research.
- Does carbamazepine cause obesity?? please reply
(Asked by a 26 year old man who has Seizures, and takes Carbamazepine)
I am taking ZEN 100(Carbamazepine tablets) on advice of my doctor from JAN 2013, for my SEIZURES. Lately, my weight has increased by quite kilos, despite my diet remaining same.
I want to confirm does prolonged use of this drug cause obesity.
PLEASE REPLY IF EXPERIENCED THE SAME SIDE-EFFECTS OR ...
- Can combining dilantin and suboxone cause seizure
(Asked by a 37 year old man who has Seizure, and takes Suboxone)
Will suboxone cancel out the effectiveness of Dilantin for epilepsy
- If a person runs out out of his seizure med dilantin & is unable to get it refilled today, can he take another seizure med, neurotin?
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Seizures, and takes Dilantin)
Can my boyfriend take my Neurotin, just for today to prevent seizures, until he gets his Dilantin refill tomorrow?? Or will it be better to just hold out til he gets his refill?
- Does indigestion cause seizure?
(Asked by a 38 year old man who has Seizures, Seizure - Absence, Grand Mal Convulsion, and takes Tegretol-xr, Vimpat)
in 22 years of seizure a good amount of water and sleep will help. Relax the eyes is important. Tegretol xr is the best drug for me. The only negative is I have to increase the amount taken every few years. I am on 1600mg a day now....Please share with me what you know.
More questions for: Seizures, Dysarthria
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Stay away from lisinopril
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Dysarthria, and takes Lisinopril)
I move slowly and talk much slower than I used to. A friend of mine helped me find this site. I was taking 40mg of lisinopril for years when all of a sudden I had painful swelling in hands & feet which finally moved to my face. At that point I got scared and went to the E(mergency) R(oom) after I sa ...
- Can crestor cause vertigo?
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Pressure In Back Of Head, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue, Balance Disorder, Slurred Speech, Vertigo, and takes Topamax, Amlodipine Besylate)
I started taking Crestor in May of 2011. I had my first big "episode" in June.
Severe vertigo, loss of balance, slurred speech, fatigue, loss for words, tingling, numbness, pressure in back of head...
Didn't have all at once, but went to hospital via ambulance twice. Was first given 1000 mg of kep ...
More reviews for: Seizures, Dysarthria
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Seizure. The patient has Hypothermia (body temperature drops below the required temperature for normal metabolism and body functions)
Comments: Started having low sodium that would cause a seizure. Doesn't have seizures unless in great pain with kidney stones or his sodium drops low. Started I think after he was put on keppra, clonidine, and the melitonin. He has a shunt from hydrocephalus, and had a grade 4 brain hemmorrage when born. Is n ...
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Ibuprofen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Asthma, Migraines And Joint And Muscle Pain, Allergies. The patient has Aphasia
Comments: periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Norco, Baclofen for a patient with Nerve Injury, Pain - Back. The patient has Inability To Speak, Tongue Spasm
Comments: Start to feel light headed, pressure in head. My tongue began to spasm. Moving backward and forward and side to side. Would last about 45 sec. And stop. During this time was unable to speak. This happened 7 times within a 20 min period. After each episode would have a few minutes of calm before it w ...
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Seizures. The patient has During 4 Years Of Keppra Use I Have Virtually No Libido And Difficulty In Achieving An Erection
Comments: Although I am now 65 and I have been taking 3000 mg of Keppra every day for the past 4 years since my seizure, I have experienced a diminished libido and an even more absence of erections. I am in fairly good condition for my age and prior to this medication I have never had any sexual issues in the ...
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a patient with Weight Loss - Intentional. The patient has Slurred Speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand)
Comments: I have been on Phentermine for 24 days. I have noticed, in the past few days, that I have bad slurred speech. Trouble pronouncing words, that are easy. I usually am very well spoken. I am a professional and manage my own business. I am on the phone, a lot and dealing face to face, with clients. I wa ...
More related studies for: Seizures, Dysarthria
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.