Home > Sepsis > Diarrhea > Sepsis and Diarrhea
Review: could Sepsis cause Diarrhea?
We study 3,511 people who have Sepsis from FDA and social media. Among them, 50 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Sepsis and Diarrhea >>>
Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death) (latest reports from 302,262 patients)
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,102,104 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 3,511 people who have sepsis are studied. Among them, 50 (1.42%) have Diarrhea.
Gender of people who have sepsis and experienced Diarrhea * :
Age of people who have sepsis and experienced Diarrhea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (10 people, 20.00%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (7 people, 14.00%)
- Mucosal inflammation (7 people, 14.00%)
- Breast cancer (7 people, 14.00%)
- Renal cell carcinoma (6 people, 12.00%)
- Ileus paralytic (6 people, 12.00%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 12.00%)
- Insomnia (5 people, 10.00%)
- Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (4 people, 8.00%)
- Diarrhoea (4 people, 8.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Piperacillin and tazobactam (9 people, 18.00%)
- Zyvox (9 people, 18.00%)
- Meropenem (8 people, 16.00%)
- Pantoprazole (8 people, 16.00%)
- Ramipril (7 people, 14.00%)
- Lipitor (7 people, 14.00%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (7 people, 14.00%)
- Zosyn (7 people, 14.00%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (7 people, 14.00%)
- Ciprofloxacin (7 people, 14.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sepsis and Diarrhea?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Diarrhea and Sepsis
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
Have taken Synthroid for over 25 years, but my current medical insurance will only approve the generic, and I can no longer afford to pay for Synthroid, so I decided to try the generic Levothyroxine. Since I have been using it, I have severe diarrhea.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms continue.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Sepsis, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Sepsis hallucinations misdiagnosed
I was admitted to the hospital at 10 p.m., with a total bowel blockage caused by scar-tissue adhesions. I had first gone to the ER at 3 a.m. that morning, but the ER doc misdiagnosed my condition as constipation. I was in extreme pain and also too weak to tell my husband when he first came home t ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Sepsis, Diarrhea
Common treatments for Sepsis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Sepsis symptoms:
Diarrhea related symptom studies:
- Diarrhea in Arthritis - rheumatoid (4,443 reports)
- Diarrhea in Blood pressure (7,465 reports)
- Diarrhea in Blood triglycerides increased (3,938 reports)
- Diarrhea in Breast cancer (3,289 reports)
- Diarrhea in Depression (4,501 reports)
- Diarrhea in Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (4,230 reports)
- Diarrhea in High blood pressure (7,891 reports)
- Diarrhea in Ileitis (3,666 reports)
- Diarrhea in Osteoporosis (4,399 reports)
- Diarrhea in Pain (4,529 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Chest Tightness Or Pressure and Tramadol
- Chest Pain and Tramadol
- Seroquel and Bulimia
Recent user comments
- "itching around vagina and rectum, right ovary pain,cr ... " (2 hours ago)
- "If dose missed one day or two... got extreme dizzines ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Took both last night and woke up in the middle of nig ... " (4 hours ago)
- Birth Control
- Bipolar Disorder
- Back Pain
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Blood Pressure Management