Home > Sepsis > Diarrhea > Sepsis and Diarrhea
Review: could Sepsis cause Diarrhea?
We study 3,511 people who have Sepsis from FDA and social media. Among them, 50 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Sepsis and Diarrhea >>>
Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death) (latest reports from 301,341 patients)
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,105,125 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Sep, 13, 2014: 3,511 people who have sepsis are studied. Among them, 50 (1.42%) have Diarrhea.
Gender of people who have sepsis and experienced Diarrhea * :
Age of people who have sepsis and experienced Diarrhea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (10 people, 20.00%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (7 people, 14.00%)
- Mucosal inflammation (7 people, 14.00%)
- Breast cancer (7 people, 14.00%)
- Renal cell carcinoma (6 people, 12.00%)
- Ileus paralytic (6 people, 12.00%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 12.00%)
- Insomnia (5 people, 10.00%)
- Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (4 people, 8.00%)
- Diarrhoea (4 people, 8.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Piperacillin and tazobactam (9 people, 18.00%)
- Zyvox (9 people, 18.00%)
- Meropenem (8 people, 16.00%)
- Pantoprazole (8 people, 16.00%)
- Ramipril (7 people, 14.00%)
- Lipitor (7 people, 14.00%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (7 people, 14.00%)
- Zosyn (7 people, 14.00%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (7 people, 14.00%)
- Ciprofloxacin (7 people, 14.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sepsis and Diarrhea?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Diarrhea and Sepsis
- group for people who have Diarrhea
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
Er gave me Xanax I took those for two weeks, my ob gyn gave me citalopram at time depo shot was given. I took one Monday night and about an hour later I've been feeling like this ever since
From this study (3 days ago):
LizBeet on Sep, 11, 2014:
Worried about achlorhydria with long-term antihistamine use; 13yo boy is smaller than peers and has 2+ extremely loose bowel movements daily.
From this study (5 days ago):
My most severe symptoms would be the shortness of breath, muscle weakness and this chronic pain under my left rib that goes around to my back and up to my shoulder blade. Occasionally that pain will go to my left chest, clavicle and jaw. But all of my pain is on the left side. I have degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis too. Chronic headaches are dizziness are awful and debilitating.
Arlene. on Sep, 8, 2014:
I am afraid to take Gabapentin. I do not suffer from seizures but I hear people can have a seizure taking this med, is that for real truth or as they say 10% of 36,000.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Sepsis, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Sepsis hallucinations misdiagnosed
I was admitted to the hospital at 10 p.m., with a total bowel blockage caused by scar-tissue adhesions. I had first gone to the ER at 3 a.m. that morning, but the ER doc misdiagnosed my condition as constipation. I was in extreme pain and also too weak to tell my husband when he first came home t ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Sepsis, Diarrhea
Common treatments for Sepsis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Sepsis symptoms:
Diarrhea related symptom studies:
- Diarrhea in Blood pressure (7,465 reports)
- Diarrhea in Blood triglycerides abnormal (3,936 reports)
- Diarrhea in Crohn's disease (3,665 reports)
- Diarrhea in Depression (4,384 reports)
- Diarrhea in Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (4,230 reports)
- Diarrhea in Hypertension (7,880 reports)
- Diarrhea in Ms (3,260 reports)
- Diarrhea in Osteoporosis (4,399 reports)
- Diarrhea in Pain (4,528 reports)
- Diarrhea in Rheumatoid arthritis (4,443 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.